Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Question about MoS' ending (SPOILERS)

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kenshima15

Hey guys! i'm new here. I've been to damn lazy to make an account! I just enjoy reading the articles, death battles and arguments, decided to finally be a part of it so here i am

. I just got back home from watching MoS and it was awesome! best movie I've seen in years...(except Django lol). Anyway something has been bothering me ever since i watched it. Zod's death.

Now mind you i agree with superman's actions, i'm just wondering...since his Kryptonian shouldn't the sun like fix him up! Isn't that how superman survived his fight with Doomsday ...I'm just wondering. Forgive me ignorance of the answer is really obvious.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing about superman being "unkillable" is no one has took a kryptonite sword and cut off his head or anything like that. All his near death experiences were just him getting beaten to the point of death, but his body has always been intact, more or less. I don't know about necks breaking though

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Zod died.

After all, Superman has extreme superhuman strength, so if he breaks your neck, you are dead, whether you're human or superhuman.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainlantern76: But then won't the sun patch him up, it patched Kal up when he fought Doomsday...

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainLantern76

@kenshima15: This is a different continuity, so things could work differently here.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainlantern76: But then won't the sun patch him up, it patched Kal up when he fought Doomsday...

there's more to it then that, the regeneration matrix revived him. and the eradicator got him his powers back

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@w0nd said:

the thing about superman being "unkillable" is no one has took a kryptonite sword and cut off his head or anything like that. All his near death experiences were just him getting beaten to the point of death, but his body has always been intact, more or less. I don't know about necks breaking though

Loading Video...

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Ah, I forgot to mention that.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By w0nd

@warlock360: Yeah exactly my point, they left his body intact lol. they didn't even try to saw his head off lol

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360

@w0nd said:

@warlock360: Yeah exactly my point, they left his body intact lol. they didn't even try to saw his head off lol

thats not how its done in the bronx crime scene, if the regissuer woulda been from brooklyn they woulda rolled the credits right there.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also since his genetic is not the same genetic that every single Kryptonian, it made the whole healing coma thing less senseless, i mean it would made more sense if you program something like that in you warriors, but i would hate to see this, i mean it was cool when se saw Ras back, but it was cryptic enough to work, this would make death pointless so there is no point in saving people.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 k4tzm4n  Moderator

This movie isn't even out in Australia yet, so I'm going to edit the title.

Because... you know, spoilers.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I don't see how he's dead. I think Superman believe he's dead.

Isn't General Zod on par with Superman in most power? He should just able to recover from the neck snap, with ease. I never understood that part with the movie. I was just sitting there, like. "Okay... he snapped his neck. Now General Zod can get right back up?"

I don't know what's going on with it, but I know by comic logic, he shouldn't be dead. That simple neck snap wouldn't work on Superman, at least as far as I know.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Isn't General Zod on par with Superman in most power? He should just able to recover from the neck snap, with ease. I never understood that part with the movie. I was just sitting there, like. "Okay... he snapped his neck. Now General Zod can get right back up?"

I don't know what's going on with it, but I know by comic logic, he shouldn't be dead. That simple neck snap wouldn't work on Superman, at least as far as I know.

IS MOS superman the same with comics superman.
    I think MOS supes can't recover from such wounds or at least he hasn't shown that kind of healing in any part of the movie.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

This movie isn't even out in Australia yet, so I'm going to edit the title.

Because... you know, spoilers.

sorry bro, how do i this...

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SideburnGuru

@squalleon said:

@sideburnguru said:

IS MOS superman the same with comics superman.

I think MOS supes can't recover from such wounds or at least he hasn't shown that kind of healing in any part of the movie.

Can't be sure on that. I know that he should be able to recover from those wounds. SHOULD. Maybe Man Of Steel is going to mess with the power of the characters.

With all the character knowledge before hand, I don't see how it'd work.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Kal'smahboi

You have to still be alive for your sun-fueled powers to heal you. If you die, you don't heal. Superman didn't come back from the dead after his fight with Doomsday, he recovered from near-death.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By w0nd

@sideburnguru said:

I already answered this above lol. There is a difference between getting your body beaten to death, and your neck being spun around or your head chopped off. Have you seen superman get his neck broken or head ripped off in comics? No! His near death or dying experiences always have his body in one piece....I don't know why you don't think it wouldn't work on superman since he died simply by being being beat to death and exhaustion one time, and the one time he died he didn't just get up because there was sunlight around. His body was intact, he needed the healing matrix and the eradicator to give him his powers back.

I have seen him regenerate cuts , stab wounds and gun shots, but I never once seen his head spin around 180 degrees, grow arms and limbs back, or a whole new head...they never tested this level of regeneration before with superman's character and I am fine with that...

Zod in superman 2 died as well, the kandorian's died as well, kara's mother died all near yellow sunlight, they were already dead when they died, the sunlight didn't just bring them back to life....there is a limit.

and just to be clear his death in the comics is different from that animated movie. The animated movie he went into some hibernation mode. In the comics he died was put into a healing matrix and when he came out he was still powerless. His clone died as well, put in the same healing matrix but I believe that took 1000 years for him to heal since he wasn't full kryptonian.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@sideburnguru said:

I already answered this above lol. There is a difference between getting your body beaten to death, and your neck being spun around or your head chopped off. Have you seen superman get his neck broken or head ripped off in comics? No! His near death or dying experiences always have his body in one piece....I don't know why you don't think it wouldn't work on superman since he died simply by being being beat to death and exhaustion one time, and the one time he died he didn't just get up because there was sunlight around. His body was intact, he needed the healing matrix and the eradicator to give him his powers back.

I have seen him regenerate cuts , stab wounds and gun shots, but I never once seen his head spin around 180 degrees, grow arms and limbs back, or a whole new head...they never tested this level of regeneration before with superman's character and I am fine with that...

Zod in superman 2 died as well, the kandorian's died as well, kara's mother died all near yellow sunlight, they were already dead when they died, the sunlight didn't just bring them back to life....there is a limit.

and just to be clear his death in the comics is different from that animated movie. The animated movie he went into some hibernation mode. In the comics he died was put into a healing matrix and when he came out he was still powerless. His clone died as well, put in the same healing matrix but I believe that took 1000 years for him to heal since he wasn't full kryptonian.

..When did Superman ever die? Are we talking the Doomsday fight, because I thought it wasn't confirmed he was dead. I don't know, if a character can take speeding bullets, get a whole train smashed ontop of him, slammed through buildings, everything else, I just have this hard time thinking "Well of course, a necksnap MUST be the trick."

Now I'm just as confused as why no character has ever done it before. It feels like a Twilight vampire now. "You can't kill it by shooting. Or running it over. Or even PLANET DESTROYING explosions. But if he gets his necksnapped, he's done."

I'm not trying to be sarcastic with you, I'm just really having a hard time putting two and two together here. Like, I feel they tested more with his healing and regeneration, and a neck snap is pretty petty from what both Zod and Superman have taken before. So like, all those times Superman was on the ground getting beat up, his neck never got crushed or broken? Just.. weird.

Whatever works though. I'm a massive Zod fan, and I know they pretty much are put on par with eachother. Not too huge on the powers of Superman, and I know a simple little necksnap hasn't really happened on either, up untl the movie. That's why I was doubting it. Both characters have been through hell before, but a neck snap just seems so damn petty.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By w0nd

@sideburnguru said:

@w0nd said:

@sideburnguru said:

..When did Superman ever die? Are we talking the Doomsday fight, because I thought it wasn't confirmed he was dead. I don't know, if a character can take speeding bullets, get a whole train smashed ontop of him, slammed through buildings, everything else, I just have this hard time thinking "Well of course, a necksnap MUST be the trick."

Now I'm just as confused as why no character has ever done it before. It feels like a Twilight vampire now. "You can't kill it by shooting. Or running it over. Or even PLANET DESTROYING explosions. But if he gets his necksnapped, he's done."

I'm not trying to be sarcastic with you, I'm just really having a hard time putting two and two together here. Like, I feel they tested more with his healing and regeneration, and a neck snap is pretty petty from what both Zod and Superman have taken before. So like, all those times Superman was on the ground getting beat up, his neck never got crushed or broken? Just.. weird.

Whatever works though. I'm a massive Zod fan, and I know they pretty much are put on par with eachother. Not too huge on the powers of Superman, and I know a simple little necksnap hasn't really happened on either, up untl the movie. That's why I was doubting it. Both characters have been through hell before, but a neck snap just seems so damn petty.

I know as dumb as it sounds, no one has ever tried to break his neck. How many times has Lex, or Metallo or anyone beaten him senseless....why did none of them try to cut off his head or arms or anything like that? Simply because the writers didn't let that happen. And yeah I was talking about Doomsday because that is what everyone is familiar with,. superman has admitted it killed him, he has mentioned it a few times in convos with people, saying things like "when I died" or "I died once" a neck snap is one thing, twisting his head right around is another.

Other examples of deaths were the kandorian's in new krypton...they were still in our solar system when they died and super powered, once died they stayed dead. Bodies intact. They are hard to kill, but can be killed.

as for these

"if a character can take speeding bullets, get a whole train smashed ontop of him, slammed through buildings, "

compare those to nurf bullets, something that feels like a pillow slammed on you, or smashing through building that are pretty much cardboard compared to you, they aren't really anything.

That's when I see characters fighting like that using cars or steel pipes to hit each other, in my mind Im like "well in one story a car hit you and it crumpled around you and you barely noticed, but now because zod is hitting you with it you can feel it? it would be like hitting you with a pillow..." It's just for the sake of the story...same with when hulk made those boxing gloves out of cars...that probably didn't do anything considering his fists bare knuckled does more damage then a car... but was cool for story purposes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.