Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Proof Hulks strength outmatches Supermans. (one of my favorite)

HulkisAwsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By HulkisAwsome

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AtPhantom

Non canon. Sorry. :P

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By reactor

And even so, that's not even non-canon proof Hulk is stronger than Superman.

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By blade hunter

Where's this from?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2

epic fail is epic

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrDirector786

No Caption Provided
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Mahtu
    @HulkisAwsome: that doesn't prove hulk is stronger.  He threw Superman into space, but it didn't even hurt him.  Superman throws things into space all the time with one freaking hand. Big deal. He says the hulk is stronger than anyone he's gone up against, NOT that he's stronger than Supes himself.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MKF30

lol, Hulkfan boys are funny... 

Superman would kill Hulk much like he did in the comic...if he really wanted to. Not canon like this scan but I don't see those scans...lol

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much fail in one thread ...

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

I guess you haven't read.... ALL STAR SUPERMAN!

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Sparda

While I appreciate the sentiment of trying to elevate Hulk's status on this website, it saddens me to inform you that you are incorrect.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By RedK
    @Sparda said:
    " While I appreciate the sentiment of trying to elevate Hulk's status on this website, it saddens me to inform you that you are incorrect. "
    I concur.
    grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grimlock

i too concur

Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magic

I don't think I need to add an I concur, or even how much that picture has not had more then one face plam. I think the only thing left for me to do is, 

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MKF30

To add to that John, or the Silver Age Supes stories lol

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even I can't help you here

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Mahtu

Wow the irony of this thread is that it helped me find an example of superman's strength against the hulk's.  I'm always having to explain to my buddy frank:  Superman is to the Hulk as a Nuclear explosion is to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Big bulky muscles are no match for an unstoppable force.

doogansquest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By doogansquest

There's no such thing as "canon" in the Marvel or DC universes. There are too many divergent story arcs, and now digital/animated medium count. I'm sorry, but they do. With all of the available resources they have, both universes have taken to animated movies, series, and of course, Hollywood to expand, interweave, and tweak their fluff.

I do believe that Hulk is stronger. Anyone who doesn't is a Superman/DC fanboy; plain and simple. I could care less about the two Marvel vs. DC runs where each of them scored a win against each other. It's really just feats of strength, and the limitations of said strength.

Superman is just an alien. That's it. He's nothing special, he's not an emotion, a celestial/deity, or other being trapped in a mortal body. He draws his power almost exclusively from our sun. He is also vulnerable to things like magic (so Dr. Strange, Thor, Loki, Scarlett Witch, etc. would straight-up murder Superman).

Hulk's strength has been repeatedly tied to his rage, and it's been clearly stated that Hulk's rage knows NO LIMITS. So unless Superman can quell him early, Hulk's eventually going to overpower him. He's even shown the ability to use his gamma as a nova weapon of sorts during fits of extreme anger.

-The Beyonder once claimed, after probing, that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." The Leader and Doc Samson tried, but couldn't measure Hulk's strength.

-He's smashed meteors twice the size of earth.

-Stopped Iron Fists' punch and a full on charge from Juggernaut.

-Broken blast doors that Thor and Thing together were unable to breach.

-Penetrated Onslaught's armor (when no one else could).

-Shakes off mental control from even the most powerful psionics.

-Held up a 150 billion ton mountain to save most of the marvel lineup.

-Defeated Gladiator. That is relevant, because Gladiator is Marvel's equivalent to Superman. Same abilities, same power level, etc. He even used eye beams (heat ray) to blast a hole in Hulk's chest (which he survived), only to then be deflected and beaten to a bloody pulp after.

-The High Evolutionary was turning all forms of matter into small component electrical charges, but it didn't phase an enraged Hulk.

-Survived countless nuclear blasts.

-Destroyed Dr. Doom's force field.

-Survived the Human Torch going full super nova and continued a rampage (FF #534).

-Inhuman Karnak couldn't find a weak spot on the Hulk. Couldn't even phase him. Meanwhile, he would have no trouble finding a weak spot on Superman (who has weaknesses).

-Not only survived the billions of megavolts rendered by Blip, but also defeated him.

-Walked away from a full on blast from Havoc AFTER being partially drained (and ultimately won the fight).

-Zzzax couldn't absorb Hulk, but could everyone else.

-Survived a touch from Man-Thing (which no one does).

-Fin Fang Foom couldn't scratch him.

-He can leap into Earth's orbit, survive in space, and has grown tissue to survive under water.

-After being poisoned by Madman and barely angered, he survives the Leader's mental blasts and eventually defeats him anyway.

-Comet Man uses Pitch Thought on Hulk, only Hulk's anger overrides it and causes feedback.

-He's broken through mind control, will power control, and all matter of illusions.

-In Avengers #40, when an entire town of Hulks merge to form one giant super Hulk, Hulk himself mentally and physically dominates the being until it's defeated.

-His thunderclaps have proven at times more powerful than hurricanes, or even a sonic boom above or below water. He's used this to knock back countless beings and teams.

-He can see astral projections, sense danger, and perceive mystical properties.

-He's stopped entire planets from ripping apart, and shaken mountain ranges.

-He defeated Dogs of War, whose jaws can destroy adamantium. They didn't even pierce his skin.

We can really go on and on. Ultimately, no one is going to change their mind over who they think should win. Everyone's going to claim they have absolute proof. Really, the worlds have become so expanded (and equally convoluted) that there is no true answer. It's all fiction, after all. Still, Hulk has no limitations, Superman does.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackWind

"There's no such thing as "canon in the Marvel or DC universes," Yeah, I stopped reading right there.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

People talk about Hulk like he doesn't get beat around alot. In anycase Superman would win due to his range of abilities. The same way Superman would lose to MM.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By turoksonofstone

@doogansquest said:

There's no such thing as "canon" in the DC universe.

Half True.

Marvel has continuous continuity going back to the Golden Age. Like it or not DC fans.

Marvel has a ton of Characters that could destroy Superman. Folks just fixate on the Hulk who Superman would defeat 8 times out of 10. Silver Surfer pretty much Stomps any version of Superman for example.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doogansquest said:

There's no such thing as "canon" in the DC universe.

Half True.

Marvel has continuous continuity going back to the Golden Age. Like it or not DC fans.

Marvel has a ton of Characters that could destroy Superman. Folks just fixate on the Hulk who Superman would defeat 8 times out of 10. Silver Surfer pretty much Stomps any version of Superman for example.

Idkkk when a writer gets bored they upgrade their character 1000 fold. There was a point when surfer was the big dog, but then hasn't Thor beat him on a few different occasions, and thor is considered top dog, but then he lost a few times as well, and then hulk was considered big dog, and so on and so on.....there is no way to say a character is the strongest and thats that, especially when their powers go up and down. NO idea what this new superman's limits even are at this point

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerWoman

hulk smashed meteors twice the size of earth that isnt need too much strength,just need speed and durable

hulk best strength feat is lift 150 billion ton mountain,and he cant hold more than minute

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: yeah but he's only gotten stronger since then, he's never had to move a planet or do anything to show off his "lifting" power, anyways I'm out this will be an endless cycle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.