Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Prohblem with Suoerman unchained #2 SPOILERS!!!

• 114 results
    Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

LOL i think is funny how some of you are upset about him being hurt by man made weapons or no tbeing able to detect batman.

Personally i dont care about small details like those. Overall i liked issue 1 better than 2. Again lol!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Interesting thread. I picked up Superman Unchained 1 and 2 the other day in Forbidden Planet, flicked through it and thought "not for me". I then picked up Injustice Issue 6 and thought "wow" Bought that instead. Now that issue has the kinda "super" Superman that I enjoy! As far as I am concerned Superman was always supposed to be and should be invulnerable to anything except kryptonite/magic and Red Sun radiation. Him getting his arse owned in every issue hardly means he is "unchained" !!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@mrshway88: Wrong. Bruce clearly stated he built it before he knew superman

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: That's just totally untrue. I don't want him to be untouchable r unbeatable I just want him to be freaking superman! Superman has plenty of weaknesses/ vulnerabilities just use one! Kryptonite, magic, red sun radiation, or have luthor build something that uses one of those three things! It's like Thor being hurt by a man made weapon. Or hulk. Or shazam. Or majestic. It's just bad writing

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe Wraith is just stronger and more durable than superman,maybe he doesn't have flight,speed,senses,breath,or heat vision abilities,maybe he is like a new earth made doomsday,who is fueled the same way superman is.

Red suns should just not charge him,not take anything away

Kryptonite should be like on the Man of Steel movie,he is not used to it,so it makes him sick,BUT over time he can adapt to it,making it not a weakness someday.

Magic should be strictly equal to anyone else,BUT for superman being as powerful as he is.

If he gets his power from the sun,and it's because he is a energy absorber than technically anyone who can take advantage of that and use it against him should be able to.

I can see Batman's suit blocking sight and sound,but not smell.is there a way to block smell anyway?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: There is a way to block smell. And why are people complaining about the suit? That's Batman's "power" His intelligence and ingenuity. It makes perfect sense that he could do this.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

#107  Edited By Durakken

@sog7dc said:

@mrshway88: Wrong. Bruce clearly stated he built it before he knew superman

Yes Bruce created the suit when he hadn't MET Superman, not before Superman made his debut. However, Superman asked Bruce if it was possible and so he was asking Bruce to create it if it could be done to see how to deal with this particular problem.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By stephens2177
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: You simply mask the scent with pheromones, or synthesize another smell.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

@stephens2177: You simply mask the scent with pheromones, or synthesize another smell.

That wouldn't work on Superman if he has a sense of smell that is "super" which he doesn't as far as I know, but if he does then it would take an awful lot of that to do it.

The way you'd have to do it is special materials that don't breath combined with a local chemical sensor that then processes the atmosphere's chemical components and then coat the suit in a perfect mixture that's done ultra quick...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys,guess all things are possible.

Now has Wraith shown anything besides strength and durability? I don't have the two issues he was in,any other abilities,well besides blowing the hell up.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Eternal19

@sog7dc: I don't see why you have a problem with Bruce being able to hide from superman its not like he hasn't been shown to make things to counter superman's powers before. This isn't the first time the military has made weapons to fight supes, ever heard of Metallo

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand your anger now, because he is superman but Snyder has been making superman more human in this series, which no other writer has been able to do as good as he has previously. I guess this was just a part of it. Also it's kinda cool to see supes hurt by something other than kryptonite. And about the batsuit thing, Bruce is a genius and Clark asked if it was possible. He just proved it was. It's not like there aren't other things Clark can't see through, like lead.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19:

and he has what? kryptonite. ive addressed this point multiple times already

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Wraith is just stronger and more durable than superman,maybe he doesn't have flight,speed,senses,breath,or heat vision abilities,maybe he is like a new earth made doomsday,who is fueled the same way superman is.

Red suns should just not charge him,not take anything away

Kryptonite should be like on the Man of Steel movie,he is not used to it,so it makes him sick,BUT over time he can adapt to it,making it not a weakness someday.

Magic should be strictly equal to anyone else,BUT for superman being as powerful as he is.

If he gets his power from the sun,and it's because he is a energy absorber than technically anyone who can take advantage of that and use it against him should be able to.

I can see Batman's suit blocking sight and sound,but not smell.is there a way to block smell anyway?

red suns do take his power as is evident in I believ issue 19 (?) I don't like that it takes his power but it does

I agree with this

I agree with this as well

id agree with this

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By dcdyno

Bruce said to find him using the entire spectrum!!! no sound!!!! no smell!!! and the black hole tanks may be a new weakness or just going along with the red sun weakness and other cannon material. plus the black whole tanks aren't more powerful than these people or omega beams but specific weakness towards superman.

also in the picture Bruce has an open mouth hole and a bat symbol putting off light. plus we can see him and we use the electro-magnetic spectrum to see. did he invent an invisibility cloak!!

that is what you should be mad at!!!!!!!!!!

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is the most guy,BUT he also has tons of weaknesses,even the way his powers are powered and or work can be turned into a way to attack or beat him.he is the most powerful,but he is also the one with the most ways to be taken down.

I would like to see Wonder Woman,Shazam,or Martian Manhunter take a black hole bullet,and see how they can take it.

MeloDet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem I had with it was more-so that he went to Batman for help about being able to hide from his senses in the first place. Superman may not be anywhere near the detective or strategist Batman is, but as far as science goes Superman is the more intelligent of the two(at least in the New 52). I mean he didn't even need anyone to design it, he just wanted to know whether or not it was possible. This Supes is a guy who came up with the Unified Field Equation in a matter of minutes and knew how H'El would go about making a time machine from things in the fortress, he didn't need Batman's help here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.