Pre Crisis or Post Crisis

#1 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Superman do you prefer?

#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

ive never read anything precrisis i think so i would have to go with post. I wish post and precrisis levels of powers

#3 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

precrisis i liked alot more since it showed off how powerful superman really is, but post is great once they buffed him up a little better and the stories  are good

#4 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait which one is he the weaker Superman? And is not god like i forget now?

#5 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Pre Crisis superman...that is what I usually think of when I think of superman. Not depowered and rediculous hair.

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with post-crisis.

Pre-crisis Superman is the reason so many people hate him.. "Ooh I don't like him cause he's overpowered!" "I hate him cause he can beat anyone! He gets no challenge in doing things!" Non-cannon people! Non-cannon!

Damn I hate haters!

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with post-crisis.

Pre-crisis Superman is the reason so many people hate him.. "Ooh I don't like him cause he's overpowered!" "I hate him cause he can beat anyone! He gets no challenge in doing things!" Non-cannon people! Non-cannon!

Damn I hate haters!

#8 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
" I'm going with post-crisis.  Pre-crisis Superman is the reason so many people hate him.. "Ooh I don't like him cause he's overpowered!" "I hate him cause he can beat anyone! He gets no challenge in doing things!" Non-cannon people! Non-cannon! Damn I hate haters! "
same post-crisis superman is great
#9 Posted by Varient (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Precrisis. 
I like Superman being able to move planets WITHOUT sundipping, Time travel under his own power,
#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

post-crisis definitively.

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Post-Crisis is way better. PC was only good because he was so powerful, but his stories weren't the best and a lot of people do only think he's over-powered and don't like him because of the Pre-Crisis version.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Pre Crisis had some fun stories... plus you can get some good Pre Crisis Superman comics at your Local Comic Book Store...
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Crisis is more realistic.

#14 Posted by MrDirector786 (43418 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis did have some good stories. It's just most of them didn't seem too good. Some PC Superman stories I liked included "Superman, You're dead, Dead, DEAD...", Kryptonite Nevermore, For the Man who has Everything, Pretty much any issue which had Pre-Crisis Mongul, and  a few others.

#15 Posted by koala99 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinite Crisis returned the pre-Crisis Superman to continuity and wiped out the post-Crisis version. Although quite a few of the post-Crisis Superman stories are still canon, its safe to assume they are part of the returned pre-Crisis Superman's history, post-Infinite Crisis.

#16 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know that it wiped out Post Crisis Superman, he and Lois were still married.

I preferred Post Crisis Superman, the idea that there should only be one Kryptonian on the planet added to his uniqueness. No Krypto, no Supergirl, no Kandor, no Phantom Zone, he was truly the last of his race. Then all of that slowly crept back in and there was nothing but convolution again.

With the Relaunch, they've wasted no time in establishing all of these things right off the bat, but what can I do? What's next, Streaky the Cat?

#17 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

With the new 52 reboots, I am still hoping to see : ultra humanite, more phantom zone villains, Kandor with Van Zee Nightwing and Ak Var Flamebird, Beppo.

#18 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Beppo's Bar was mentioned in one of the Action Comics stories.

#19 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Grew up reading Post-Crisis, but I find Pre-Crisis Superman comics fun to read as well. Don't really have a preference, depends on what mood I'm in really. However, there was alot of mythology created in that Pre-Crisis/Silver Age era, and by extension, I suppose I appreciate that stuff more. Just wouldn't go so far as to say I PREFER it always.

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (12064 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Crisis.

#21 Posted by sabracadabra (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-crisis.

#22 Posted by BlackWind (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Crisis easily. I don't think the main Earth based hero should have solar system level power he can casually throw around.

#23 Posted by jumpstart55 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Post crisis Superman is the greatest Superman incarnation ever, new 52 Supes sucks imo.

#24 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.