Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Pre-52 Superman vs New-52 Superman fight?

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TJSH96

Poll Pre-52 Superman vs New-52 Superman fight? (61 votes)

Pre-52 Superman. 67%
    New-52 Superman. 33%

No morals. Both characters are extremely angry, want to kill each other and do not care about anything until one of them dies. Who would win this?

• 
    Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, seeing as N52 has only started recently (I think?) N52 Supes doesn't have the feats to really match Pre52 Supes. Also Pre52 is pretty general. I'm assuming we're talking about PC Supes but just saying Pre-52 could imply we could use Pre-PC Supes lol. (No offense just saying)

I'd have to give this to Pre-52 Supes only because we've seen a lot more of him and his feats.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: New 52 superman at least far stronger than Pre-52 superman,even Pre-52 mr majestic,he can lift earth weight five days with easily,even says"too light"

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Shouldn't this be in the battles section? And I'm going with pre 52 on this one (that is if it's the pre crisis version).

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: That's one feat. And while it is indeed an impressive one, I don't think it really suffices to overshadow the wealth of feats amassed by pre-reboot Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Pre 52 has gone trough much tougher, harder and memorable battles that took him to his limits.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imagineman16: Pre-52 superman or even Pre-52 mr majestic cant lift earth five days,just says

New 52 just beginning,if we are waiting over ten years,i'm sure New 52 superman has more and more feats

just waiting,at least New 52 superman is much/far stronger than pre52 superman

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52's strength is pretty high but his durability and combat speed are in the toilet.

I'd still say Pre-52 Wins.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerWoman

@sheenlantern: His durability and combat speed is weak,because New 52 just beginning,Based on New 52 superman strength>Pre-52 superman even Pre-52 mr majestic,His potential is immeasurable,I'm sure one day New 52 superman speed and durability>Pre-52 superman,just needs waiting,dont forgot,Pre-52 superman just beginning,he was weak,he even cant move 1/3 of the earth,he cant faster than light,also Gas station explosion can hurt him

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 superman looks stronger so far and I think we will see more feats soon. Plus he has killed already

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerWoman

@jayc1324: Yes,people just too harsh,Pre-52 superman has over 30 years old ,New 52 just beginning

And even new 52 just beginning,superman already has a feat can prove he was much stronger than pre-52 superman,that just fearsome,I cant fancy if we are waiting over 30 years,New 52 superman would be how powerful?

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I thought p52 supes has moved planets and shit? I might be thinking post crisis...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@powerwoman: I thought p52 supes has moved planets and shit? I might be thinking post crisis...

Hasn't Mr Majestic rearranged the entire solar system or something?

I think that beats new 52 Superman any day......

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Well Mr. Majestic, is like basically a top tiered Supes (and thats Mr. Majestic not even in his peak)

Never read much of Mr. M comics but I've seen a lot of his feats through scans. He's pretty crazy.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yes,but in the panel,he just move four planets,and earth is most bigger one,so,he maybe more powerful than new 52 superman,but strength?New 52 superman wins

@omnibeast: Pre-52 superman need help to moved the planet

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

New52 Superman; he's faster, he's stronger and he's a bit more aggressive. Post Crisis Superman probably has him trumped in terms of durability but that's about it and I expect as we continue to see New52 Superman appear and gather feats the durability will change. And it's not like New52 Superman has poor durability feats; he's got at least planetery level durability.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerWoman

@sovereign91001: Give New 52 superman 20 year old,you would be has a great durability feat

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yes,but in the panel,he just move four planets,and earth is most bigger one,so,he maybe more powerful than new 52 superman,but strength?New 52 superman wins

@omnibeast: Pre-52 superman need help to moved the planet

Wait...I don't exactly get what you said. You said that he did INDEED move multiple planets,but New 52 Superman is still stronger?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Because he just one by one to move them,not put together

He move four planets,and earth is most bigger one in here,New 52 superman easily lift earth weight,lift >move

so,yes,New 52 superman>Mr majestic>Pre-52 superman

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Because he just one by one to move them,not put together

He move four planets,and earth is most bigger one in here,New 52 superman easily lift earth weight,lift >move

so,yes,New 52 superman>Mr majestic>Pre-52 superman

How do you expect him to move them all at once? lol jk

What planets did he lift?

Also,Superman actually struggled to lift the weight of the Earth...just sayin....I mean,while he did it for 5 days straight and wasn't really at 100% power,he still struggled.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@cameron83: Struggled? not really,superman easily lift earth five days without sunlight,and just break a sweat

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cameron83

No Caption Provided

@cameron83: Struggled? not really,superman easily lift earth five days without sunlight,and just break a sweat

He doesn't seem to be doing so well....

From the look on his face to the clear strain in the narration boxes,he's kinda struggling...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: "That's it?"

"That's all you've got?"ummm yeah,pretty much,sorry

no any Struggled,and dont forgot when superman lift it without sunlight,he was weaker than normal condition

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: "That's it?"

"That's all you've got?"ummm yeah,pretty much,sorry

no any Struggled,and dont forgot when superman lift it without sunlight,he was weaker than normal condition

1. But you do notice how he says it with strain,right?

I mean,all that means is that he is stronger than that,but he was still straining,nonetheless.

And I already addressed that he was in weaker conditions than Normal...also,I think you might wanna read up on Majestic's powers....

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: His face is irrelevant in here,That not New 52 superman strength limit,he can lift more and more,mr majestic raw strength cant do it,he can move four planets,but that also take him over years done it,mr majestic > pre-52 superman for sure though

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: His face is irrelevant in here,That not New 52 superman strength limit,he can lift more and more,mr majestic raw strength cant do it,he can move four planets,but that also take him over years done it,mr majestic > pre-52 superman for sure though

I already said that....

Also,what does Time have to do with it?

He did move Jupiter and such,right?

Also,I hope they don't make New 52 Supes incredibly overpowered,because that seems to be the route that he's taking...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: He never move jupiter,panel or scan, There is no evidence to support this assertion,if you check mr majestic comic book,mr majestic dont have this strength

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: He never move jupiter,panel or scan, There is no evidence to support this assertion,if you check mr majestic comic book,mr majestic dont have this strength

He doesn't?

No Caption Provided

I don't exactly know much on Majestic,so that was a serious question...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yes,he isnt move jupiter,read his panel,he move most of them

There no any scan show us majestic move jupiter,and i'm tell you go to check his comic book,he isnt has this strength

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: Yes,he isnt move jupiter,read his panel,he move most of them

There no any scan show us majestic move jupiter,and i'm tell you go to check his comic book,he isnt has this strength

So...he moved most of the planets?

Wow...that's actually impressive..

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerWoman

@cameron83: Four planets in panel, actually,not more,earth is most bigger one in here

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Four planets in panel, actually,not more,earth is most bigger one in here

Which planets did me move?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PowerWoman
    Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman and @cameron83 if I am following your logic with the amount of time majestic was rearranging the solar system that make his feat fare more formidable than New 52 Superman who press and bench the weight of the earth for 5 days with Mr majestic who spend 1 year moving planets and we must not forget the fact that this was done in secret of the population of earth so he has to be very cautious not to speed the work (so he was moving the planet at very slow rate which could have taken him more than maybe 5 days) so people will not find out about the rearrangement of sol 3 and he change the trajectory of a comet. Just to say he had 1 year of work with no rest

so we have :

Pre 52 majestic> New 52 superman

Pre 52 majestic> pre 52 superman

For New 52 superman > pre-52 superman is too early to say so because pre sup has a lot of feat to back him up and new 52 has been punch around so often but i prefer him because he struggle to win and that should be a real hero attitude fighting and winning when all the odds are against him not always the strongest. This way he will always find a new way to beat his strongest opponents with what identifies him his heart.

just to say pals .

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PowerWoman

@supreme_maj: Not really,mr majestic just move four planets,we dont know why he move them need over years,yes,maybe he very cautious,but that just assume,in the scans we only see mr majestic take over years to move four planets,It is never explained why,he strength isnt enough to do speed the work?or he was very cautious?who know

Then you deliberately confuse,lift earth weight five days and take over years to move four planets isnt same thing,Lift>move,you can move something dont mean you can lift it,If you move one thing take 10 years, and that would be not impressed,But if you can lift a thing with 10-year , that would be damn impressive ,they are isnt same thing,Moving planet depends on the distance and acceleration,superman EASILY lift earth weight five days,mr majestic cant do it,he stronger than pre-52 superman.because pre-52 superman need help to move earth,mr majestic isnt need help,but lift earth weight five days just another strength level

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

\

Pre 52 majestic< pre 52 superman

Fixed that for ya, buddy.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@supreme_maj: Not really,mr majestic just move four planets,we dont know why he move them need over years,yes,maybe he very cautious,but that just assume,in the scans we only see mr majestic take over years to move four planets,It is never explained why,he strength isnt enough to do speed the work?or he was very cautious?who know

Then you deliberately confuse,lift earth weight five days and take over years to move four planets isnt same thing,Lift>move,you can move something dont mean you can lift it,If you move one thing take 10 years, and that would be not impressed,But if you can lift a thing with 10-year , that would be damn impressive ,they are isnt same thing,Moving planet depends on the distance and acceleration,superman EASILY lift earth weight five days,mr majestic cant do it,he stronger than pre-52 superman.because pre-52 superman need help to move earth,mr majestic isnt need help,but lift earth weight five days just another strength level

It's explained in the comics why. There was a giant alien thing coming to absorb the solar system, so Mr. Majestic rearranged the solar system to confuse the alien so it wouldn't absorb the solar system, and he had to do it in such a way that people on Earth didn't notice and freak out. It took all of the world's governments covering up information and Majestic working slowly so people looking up at the sky with telescopes and so scientists not in on the cover up didn't see him working.

So no, he didn't do it over the course of several years because he wasn't strong enough to do it quickly, he did it slowly to not freak out 6 billion people and cause a mass panic.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 Superman takes in the offense category, IMO, whereas Pre-52 takes it in the defense. I guess it just depends on what you think matters more, offense or defense. I do think, New 52 Supes would try hard right out of the gate, and probably catch pre-52 Superman off guard, and beat him early.

New 52 I guess.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad: Ok,thanks explained,that can prove mr majestic strong enough move earth ,but he still not stronger than new 52 superman,he cant lift earth weight five days,lift>move

though,he stronger than pre-52 superman

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Supreme_Maj

PowerWoman said:

@thanosismad: Ok,thanks explained,that can prove mr majestic strong enough move earth ,but he still not stronger than new 52 superman,he cant lift earth weight five days,lift>move

though,he stronger than pre-52 superman

He's not because they didn't say lifting that Majestic could not lift it and he move the earth from it's location to jupiter and you know is not like going to buy a bread just near by and don't forget majestic stop a comet in course and change it into a new planet a tenth actually tout stop it it was not a matter of moving but going against another force of nature which was at a very high speed the pressure was intense to show his strength.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets not forget both have impressive mind feats! Pre 52 can think as fast as the flash when he speeds up his thoughts but so can post 52, well ...he can at least perceive flash, but he has that Medical feat too!

Post 52 travel Ftl in red hood, combat is questionable!

Durability is also not fully explored for new 52 version!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There no any scan can prove mr majestic enough strong to lift earth weight

like i say,he was stronger than pre-52 superman because pre-52 superman need help to move earth,mr majestic isnt need help,but lift is far more hard than move,you can move a car not mean you can lift it

New 52 superman is much stronger than pre-52 superman or mr majestic,though pre-crisis superman is much/far stronger than new 52 superman

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How does the discussion of Mr Majestic make it into this thread exactly?

The scan of New 52 Supe's 'bench pressing' Earth's weight also clearly says he's been doing it for 5 days straight - this isn't a once-off thing, so the "strain" we see is after repeatedly doing it for 5 days in a row without a break (presumably, since why hasn't he gone outside at all?) and without any re-exposure to the Sun (meaning he's constantly being drained and not replenishing his strength). This all results in a single drop of sweat - not sure about you guys but by the time I drop a single drop of sweat at a gym (and I'm not very fit, let me tell you) I'm a long way from being at the end of my limits. In fact the 1st drop of sweat comes pretty early on - I've usually got a lot more left in me. No reason to think it's any different for Supes.

As far as his raw physical strength goes, this looks like they're suggesting a possible Pre-Crisis type strength level to me (happy to be proven wrong of course). As for a fight between the two as per the threads actual title (it'll probably happen one day in some one-shot or something) - who's to say? Pre 52 is too broad a definition for starters - I mean technically this includes Golden Age when he couldn't even fly, but also Kingdom Come who had even become invulnerable to Kryptonite, basically making him unstoppable. Also Post 52 is too new to say really just how powerful he is, although he seems to definitely be "up there" so to speak.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By toptom

@supreme_maj: pre-52 Mr Majestic was not more powerful than Pre-52 Superman. Apart from the first comic of the first run of Mr. Majestic, Superman has pretty much matched him in terms of feats, and actually has more number of similar feats than Mr. Majestic.

MR majestic is just (and not by a huge margin) stronger than him, while Superman is faster than him and a lot more durable.

Then with your comparision between Dcnu-Superman and pre-52 mj i can tell you that they are on a par regarding their strenght. Dr. Veritas wanted to open a pan-dimensional whormhole in order to test Superman's strenght, since lifting the whole planet was not his upper limit...despite him not being at full power.Later kal has even managed to overcome this feat simply by punching H'el.

@drgnx: i think that even the new superman is on a par with the flash in terms of "thinking fast" thanks to this feat:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superman manages to elaborate an immense quantity of data in seconds, a super computer would have taken years to do the same.This Superman was not even the one we have in the superman title,but he was younger than 5 years at the moment.

Then the best feat for Barry in this department is this:

No Caption Provided

However, while dcnu supes is stronger and while their speed is probably the same, Pre-52 Superman can still win thanks to his superior durability and (above all) his skill.But not by much.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PowerWoman

@toptom: Agree,Pre-52 mr majestic is just not by a huge margin to stronger than Pre-52 superman(he isnt need help to move earth) but mr majestic isnt as durability as Pre-52 superman,and lift earth>>>>>>>>move earth

by the New 52 superman,i think just waiting a short time,we will has a good durability feat

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom:

Forgot about that, nice one! Thanks!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-52

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.