Powers Question

#1 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering what powers derive from the yellow sun and what powers all kryptonians have without the yellow sun.

#2 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: All of Superman's powers come from the sun, Kryptonians are like regular humans otherwise.

#3 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians are not regular humans without the yellow sun... can't freaking stand that yellow sun thing.

#4 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04: i think what @0n1zuka: meant to say was they are as strong or as weak as humans are without a yellow sun or any sun that puts out more energy than a red sun.

#5 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan said:

@azza04: i think what @0n1zuka: meant to say was they are as strong or as weak as humans are without a yellow sun or any sun that puts out more energy than a red sun.

I did and should've left it in my post but I changed it since I was in a hurry. I know that Kryptonians can gain powers in different color suns besides yellow.

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, I assumed that the ability to see radiowaves would be something that all kryptonians could do with the yellow sun because it would require an altered physiology. I guess thats just comic book science

#7 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: great minds..... ;)

#8 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: lol... Thanks for that.

#9 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: @0n1zuka: Yeah I know :D I just hate that explanation for his powers, It really ticks me off that he's like a demi god when the sun is yellow but flash a red sun light at him and he's no more powerful than a human??? irritates me lol

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04: i think under a red sun his powers will go away but instantly but instead takes a few days to go away

#11 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Yeah... I still don't like it, would be better if his powers where a constant like Invincible, Hyperion, Mr Majestic etc.

#12 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember which issue it was, either Superman Annual #1 or one of the Action Comics issues, but it said that's Earth's gravity was 0.3% that of Krypton's, which would make them more powerful than humans for even being able to move under that force.

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4711 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Actually Grant Morrison specified that kryptonians are stronger and more durable than humans.Of course the main powers come from the yellow sun radiation!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.