Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Powers and Racism

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rasarima

I always liked super heroes but never spent enough time on this thought, I simply liked. Up to now.

I know the best way to end racism is to "stop talking about it" (Morgan Freeman), but I'll just put the matter of my pride.

I want to say that the black characters are not seen as black, but by the skill they possess. All the superheroes are not matter the colour (purple, green, black, white, pink etc) are seen by its history and only that ... and this is very good.

dosen´t matter if an alien or a mutant, every comic fan, even the racist one, love´s it..

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99

@Rasarima: What are you talking about?

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I hate the Martian Manhunter simply because he is green. He needs to get off his lazy ass in the JLA watchtower and get a job like a respectable human. These aliens think that they can come to Earth just because their planets suck so much... but they can GET OUT. There isn't enough work for the hardworking decent Earthlings like Batman with these metapowered freaks running around.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daak1212

@r3d_rob1n said:

I hate the Martian Manhunter simply because he is green. He needs to get off his lazy ass in the JLA watchtower and get a job like a respectable human. These aliens think that they can come to Earth just because their planets suck so much... but they can GET OUT. There isn't enough work for the hardworking decent Earthlings like Batman with these metapowered freaks running around.

No Caption Provided
    Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Steps

I have to wonder, are there any black heroes or villains who has a code name that starts with the word White?

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By r3d_rob1n

The new Perry White is Laurence Fishbourne. Not really a super hero, but the word White is there

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Steps said:

I have to wonder, are there any black heroes or villains who has a code name that starts with the word White?

LOL?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Steps said:

Ebony White from the Spirit? Although the way he's drawn is so f*cking racist.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superbatprime

@primepower53 said:

@Steps said:

LOL?

He's making a very insightful point... to understand that point you should now ask yourself how many black heroes or villains have a code name that starts with the word 'Black'?

See what he's saying now?

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rasarima

Ok, White is a color, Black is also a colour. Black super heroes are somewhat rare, so puting "white" in every caucasian hero is....you know.

Put "Black" is bad, i know, but not THAT bad, and i remember a talk about Mrs T and Black Lighting and the topic was exactly that.. "why BLACK Lighting ?"

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Walker696

so where do Icon and Blue Marvel fit in on this then?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @r3d_rob1n: LOL. What about those cursed kryptonions? They need to not have powers like the average human. GO BACK TO YOU"RE PLANET ALIENS!!
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Primmaster64: I never thought you were a racist, Prim... Tsk tsk! My lord Zod is gonna hear of this.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

When I saw this was in the Superman forum I was preparing to bring up Muhammad X

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By sethysquare

y is this in super forum though

walmartian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By walmartian

because they made a black superman based on barack obama

which is leftist pandering and leader worship material

race and modern politics shouldn't have a role in comic books

they do it on purpose and it's sickening

a superhero or villains race shouldn't be an issue if someone is white or black that shouldn't define anything about their character

the issue of racism is a never ending issue it's been around since all the different human's discovered each other

people act like it is only a modern problem but humanity has been facing the issue forever and it will never end

egypt and rome tried diversity and multiculturalism and it didn't work

china was a mono-racial society and isolated themselves because they knew the issue of race is a waste of time and money and they would rather be without it

that's why they built a great wall

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.