Powers and Racism

Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked super heroes but never spent enough time on this thought, I simply liked. Up to now.

I know the best way to end racism is to "stop talking about it" (Morgan Freeman), but I'll just put the matter of my pride.

I want to say that the black characters are not seen as black, but by the skill they possess. All the superheroes are not matter the colour (purple, green, black, white, pink etc) are seen by its history and only that ... and this is very good.

dosen´t matter if an alien or a mutant, every comic fan, even the racist one, love´s it..

#1 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rasarima: What are you talking about?

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the Martian Manhunter simply because he is green. He needs to get off his lazy ass in the JLA watchtower and get a job like a respectable human. These aliens think that they can come to Earth just because their planets suck so much... but they can GET OUT. There isn't enough work for the hardworking decent Earthlings like Batman with these metapowered freaks running around.

#3 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

I hate the Martian Manhunter simply because he is green. He needs to get off his lazy ass in the JLA watchtower and get a job like a respectable human. These aliens think that they can come to Earth just because their planets suck so much... but they can GET OUT. There isn't enough work for the hardworking decent Earthlings like Batman with these metapowered freaks running around.

#4 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to wonder, are there any black heroes or villains who has a code name that starts with the word White?

#5 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Perry White is Laurence Fishbourne. Not really a super hero, but the word White is there

#6 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

I have to wonder, are there any black heroes or villains who has a code name that starts with the word White?

LOL?

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

Ebony White from the Spirit? Although the way he's drawn is so f*cking racist.

#8 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@Steps said:

LOL?

He's making a very insightful point... to understand that point you should now ask yourself how many black heroes or villains have a code name that starts with the word 'Black'?

See what he's saying now?

#9 Edited by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, White is a color, Black is also a colour. Black super heroes are somewhat rare, so puting "white" in every caucasian hero is....you know.

Put "Black" is bad, i know, but not THAT bad, and i remember a talk about Mrs T and Black Lighting and the topic was exactly that.. "why BLACK Lighting ?"

#10 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

so where do Icon and Blue Marvel fit in on this then?

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@r3d_rob1n: LOL. What about those cursed kryptonions? They need to not have powers like the average human. GO BACK TO YOU"RE PLANET ALIENS!!
#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I never thought you were a racist, Prim... Tsk tsk! My lord Zod is gonna hear of this.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

When I saw this was in the Superman forum I was preparing to bring up Muhammad X

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

y is this in super forum though

#15 Posted by walmartian (6 posts) - - Show Bio

because they made a black superman based on barack obama

which is leftist pandering and leader worship material

race and modern politics shouldn't have a role in comic books

they do it on purpose and it's sickening

a superhero or villains race shouldn't be an issue if someone is white or black that shouldn't define anything about their character

the issue of racism is a never ending issue it's been around since all the different human's discovered each other

people act like it is only a modern problem but humanity has been facing the issue forever and it will never end

egypt and rome tried diversity and multiculturalism and it didn't work

china was a mono-racial society and isolated themselves because they knew the issue of race is a waste of time and money and they would rather be without it

that's why they built a great wall

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.