Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Pak's ParaSuper run continues.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one digging what Pak is doing in AC? Very supernatural, a genre that doesn't usually match up with Superman. I'm not happy with him neutering Lana to make Lois a more prominent character, but the guy isn't afraid to try out new things and take the mythos to places where they've never been.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm always exited. Although I wish they'd let him do a year one Superman comic, since that's where he shined best. Aside from that bring on the Superbeard adventures

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action Comics #36 interior art - Superman by Aaron Kuder *

Love this panel

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I think his next arc will deal with a magical foe.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@superguy1591: Its great now hes away from Doomed. Clark and Kara are actually acting like cousins which is nice.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord: To be fair, the guys who orchestrated Doomed are no longer on SM. Soule and Lobdell are out for Johns and, now, Tomasi.

I don't think we'll get another Doomed.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the horrorville stuff remind of that episode of the animated where the resident of smallville were taken over by some weird alien remind something Lovecraft would make up forgot the episode name anyway i always thought would be cool if superman would face more villain like that

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By redwingx

Jumping point? Is the SuperDoom stuff over?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I really don't get why is everyone so excited. I really haven't seen anything great or some cool news at this point :P

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Jumping point? Is the SuperDoom stuff over?

Yep

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Pak's run on Action Comics is by far my favourite in the New 52. His dialogue speaks volumes for how much he respects the characters.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't get why is everyone so excited. I really haven't seen anything great or some cool news at this point :P

Pak is love, Pak is life. Pak brings some fun to the title which the other New 52 Writers have lacked (except Morrison).

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I thought for sure you would like Pak what Pak did to Lois. Aren't you more a Superman traditionalist?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon: I thought for sure you would like Pak what Pak did to Lois. Aren't you more a Superman traditionalist?

Making a character more prominent doesn't mean much for me if the story doesn't captivate me :P I read the Doomed aftermath to catch up and see where the story was going but I wasn't really excited, I may like it again later but based on the solitics and the preview etc etc I don't see anything to be excited for :P To sum up I like Pak but I just don't see what the fuss is all about, but that might change depending on the next issue.
    I don't put myself in any party, I like what I like, I love Superman with Lois, Lana or with Wonder Woman as long as they are tackled by writers who know how to write those relationships, I love Morrison's and Pak's new 52 Superman but I also love Johns' and Rucka's Pre-52 Supes or even the good old Silver/golden/bronze Age classics(and yes there are good Silver Age stories). I guess I like everything as long as it is handled well and it doesn't go far from Superman's core. For example: I hate the SM/WW comic because it is shallow,yet I love the pairing.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When does this arc start

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By buttersdaman000
    Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak's run on Action Comics is by far my favourite in the New 52. His dialogue speaks volumes for how much he respects the characters.

The dialogue is actually the weakest part of his take on Superman so far, as he gave everyone this "hip" voice (Lana's was especially grating) in the beginning. Also, by his own admission before he started the run, he didn't actually know all that much about Superman. Hope he has eased into the gig by now, as Pak has all the makings of a great Superman writer.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me among those who digging it.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superguy1591

@self-dceit: He's more a Batman fan than a Superman fan. He reminds me of Bruce Timm: Pak can write a great Superman, but when Batman will one up Superman at every turn.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@superguy1591: How can you tell Pak is more of a Batman fan? And I've heard a few reviewers state that Pak's writing of Batman is much weaker than his writing of Superman. Pak's speciality is fixed much more on powerful characters with a heart to them. That's why his Marvel work on Hulk, Hercules and currently Storm has been well received. Especially his Hulk run.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for the next issues of AC, i find them more enjoyable than the Geoff Jhon's ones on Superman (it is not like that they aren't good but since now they haven't done anything special to me)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

I am not really fond of the direction he is taking with all of the supernatural stuff going on but I definitely like his portrayal of the character.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@toptom said:

I can't wait for the next issues of AC, i find them more enjoyable than the Geoff Jhon's ones on Superman (it is not like that they aren't good but since now they haven't done anything special to me)

Eh I think this is some of his weaker writing tbh. His Hulk and Hercules stories are much better than his Action Comics run. Johns is more interesting to me thus far, especially with recent developments. I feel the same way about Pak's Action Comics as you do about Johns' Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

I like the both for different reasons. But I do give the edge to Pak

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Superguy1591

@lvenger: Pak is eccentric. His Superman isn't like most other writer's Superman either. Every chance Pak gets to give Batman an edge on Superman, Pak takes it. I like his Superman run, but he's clearly a bigger Batman fan.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe its a hint to were Superman new powers are gonna go. Although magic would be by far the worst thing to add to his powers.

Add psychic, energy, but leave magic alone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superguy1591

@heavenlydarkdragon: nah, knowing Pak, he's trying to get Clark to meet up with Ma and Pa. I seriously doubt it is a power added by magic.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

Yeah I know. I'm just refering to 2015 costume and powers change that Superman gonna have. There's a lot of fans trying to guess if they're gonna do the energy powers comeback, or if it's something new.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the cover for January

Spooky

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.