Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

overzealous fanboys that don't have any information

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DRUDOX19

Using Batman fans has a example the ones that don't read the comics or have little to no information about batman and looked this up in a wiki page an only exposed to the media versions of the character.

1. They tell you Batman took out the JLA and has a Contingency Plan for every DC character probably they got this from JLA Doom or Looked up Tower of Babel on wikipedia

I respond "So batman can take out the JLA and thats proof he can take out the entire DC universe" ( back of my mind i am thinking he either looked up Frank Millers All Star Batman and Robin on Wiki also.

Ah Batman has no plan to take out Stormwatch, Doom Patrol, The Authority, Green Lantern Corps last time i checked Batman has never ever taken out a Supernatural being batman has no plan for John Constantine ( a dude that made batman look like a idiot in a crossover) or does he have a plan against the Spectre, Lucifer Morningstar. Yeah good look bats coming up with a plan to take a a dude who is the son of the Presence. Superman himself cant take out Supernaturals beings, they can easily kill him in a blink of an eye. This is my response to from what i have seen in the comics and how batman was tricked by John Constantine.

2. Batman is more popular then Superman and any other DC hero, OK i get it but that's more inline DCs fault for not having better writers on other DC characters but that's just how i feel about it that is all. So this is a response to this fanboys answer. Then i give him a reality check and tell him every hero has a struggle you saying Batman can do all of this kinda destroys the struggle he has to fight these villains of his cause by your logic he can take them out in a blink of an eye. I also told him i am not a superman fanboy either superman also has trouble taking out his villains and he struggles also a lot. If i where to portray Superman has superman prime or DC One Million version what is the point superman can take out his villains and make them look like jokes. Of course the fanboy that has little to no information on the DC universe said cause his Batman like usual.

I dont hate Batman i love the character i just feel that the fan-base can be very annoying, there are some superman fan-boys that try to say superman is just like the presence or some crap like that, always using DC One Million version of Superman for some reason in every Superman vs so and so character argument.

All i am saying is that each character has there own great things about him or her and bad things about them, like for example i love WW but i feel that the writers really dont know anything about Greek Mythology at all and the characterization of the Olympians are sometimes off. George Perez loved his WW stuff but it came off has Disney Greek mythology. Superman i feel writers just write him has a superhero first then Science Fiction character second in which IMO it should be the opposite.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Shouldn't this be in the Batman forum?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

FANBOY ALERT!!! I REPEAT, FANBOY ALERT!!! DO NOT POST SERIOUS ARGUMENTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FANBOY ALERT!!! I REPEAT, FANBOY ALERT!!! DO NOT POST SERIOUS ARGUMENTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

made my evening

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This is just spiteful

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters gon' hate, potatoes gon' potate.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No this isnt a hate forum i love Batman its his fanbase that get this out of hand, using batman defeated superman thus he can take out anyone in the DC universe.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These points are kinda......

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

1. Batman took out the JLA and has a Contingency Plan for every DC character

Yet he cant take out half his rouges gallery and a freaking clown ok

Ah Batman has no plan to take out Stormwatch, Doom Patrol, The Authority, Green Lantern Corps last time i checked Batman has never ever taken out a Supernatural being batman has no plan for John Constantine ( a dude that made batman look like a idiot in a crossover) or does he have a plan against the spectre, Lucifer Morningstar ( yeah good look bats coming up with a plan to take a a dude who is the son of the prescience)

2. Batman is more popular then Superman and any other DC hero, OK like recently cause last time i checked it was a shame to be a batman fan when Batman and Robin happened also Batmans boost in popularity was the Nolan films and thats just about it.

Why are some Superman fans so butthurt and insecure over Batman...

1. Yeah and Superman struggles with Toyman, and a bald guy in a suit does that mean I shouldn't take him seriously against Darkseid? The Flash's main villains are similar to Batman's, normal humans in gimmicky costumes, and he struggles with them at times. Guess that means The Flash is a joke. Plus Batman when in JL stories is different than Batman in Gotham, they obviously make him stronger when facing super powered people.

2. Yeah Nolan gave him a boost in popularity, the same way Christopher Reeves gave Superman a popularity boost in the 70's and 80's. Just like how Tobey McGuire and Raimi's films gave Spider-Man a boost in the 2000's, what's your point? Batman is popular WITHOUT Nolan, if he wasn't the Lego and Arkham games wouldn't be selling like they are. He's not Iron Man who clearly needs RDJ to be popular Batman is popular period it doesn't really matter who plays him as long as they're not completely awful.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is this a I hate Batman and his fans thread?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Man...... You are not helping Superman fans by making threads like this

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RustyRoy

This is made by a Superfan to defend Superman and let other Superfans see how to do it.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@rustyroy said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

This is made by a Superfan to defend Superman and let other Superfans see how to do it.

More like an example of how not to do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You Do what I should have done with this thread....ignore it and move on.....

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman sucks.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@reignmaker said:

@rustyroy said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

More like an example of how not to do it.

Pretty much.

But far be it from me to question an OP that doesn't know how to spell rogues.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow its funny how people think i hate batman, no i don't its his fan-base which has become kinda annoying that is all i am pointing out i made this thread after i watched Clevver Movies Fanboy face off between batman vs superman and things they were saying got to the point of absurdity. I literally had to defend the DC universe for that matter because the fanboys were saying stuff like Batman beats the entire DC universe. I was ok with it in till they started not only disrespecting superman but the JLA team and other DC characters. Sorry about my spelling i went to my car to get something. Anyways when i mentioned the whole rogues thing to one guy when it concern batman some dude said scarecrow is better then Flash.

Now when i heard this all i said was " This guys a troll" , don't mistake me guys i love Superman and Batman equally maybe i worded the post wrong but i love the characters, i was just angry that these guys went has far has to diss the entire DC universe just to put one character in the DC on a pedestal.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if anyone crosses the line and tries to say Superman is what everything should revolve around the DC universe screw Batman,Wonder Woman, Flash and other characters within the DCU then i will call them out on there BS. Guys i have defended people who got attacked by some Superman fans that took things out of proportion. Has much has i love my 5 big number one hero's Superman, WW, Flash, GL and Captain Marvel, i will not put them on this pedestal. I love the DC Universe including Batman's worlds, Superman's world, WW world, Flashes world. Just don't like it when some people take things too far with there love a character to simply make the other characters people like look like crap.

I wasn't a fan in the way Geoff Johns at times treated WW and Batman, Johns went out of his way to make batman look so stupid i didnt like it at all it wasn't fair that Batman was being treated like that. Yeah i know Superman's popularity boost in 70s 80s 90s. My fear for MOS film was that they were going to overrate superman the why DC does to Batman and have superman have out of nowhere 5 more comic book titles. Hell i thought they were gonna bring back old superman titles for no reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Well I'm a batfan and I know many batfanboys over here,when they begin to deify-lo.eu remind them that he is not perfect and not a god, just a human being is just improving itself through from their mistakes. But at some point I understand them, because many people often underestimate him and ridicules,because he was only a human being between gods and so on tend to exaggerate their achievements and methods

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The butthurt is strong on this one

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: Well I'm a batfan and I know many batfanboys over here,when they begin to deify-lo.eu remind them that he is not perfect and not a god, just a human being is just improving itself through from their mistakes. But at some point I understand them, because many people often underestimate him and ridicules,because he was only a human being between gods and so on tend to exaggerate their achievements and methods

But still,the arguments here are kinda weak. And calling joker a simply clown?

I mean,come on.... BUT I do recognize that Batman isn't a perfect Diety as many people claim he is,but at the same time he is not to be underestimated and taken for a joke...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Exactly. People do not tend to consider the Joker as a real threat because he is not a villain who usually is able to direct confrontation but more plans, diagrams and much more., but this is the biggest threat of the Joker, how you can defeat an enemy that knows everything about you, which can attack from anywhere, which could turn the rules against you,but how defeat it without stoop to his level, without having to succumb to your own dark side.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Exactly. People do not tend to consider the Joker as a real threat because he is not a villain who usually is able to direct confrontation but more plans, diagrams and much more., but this is the biggest threat of the Joker, how you can defeat an enemy that knows everything about you, which can attack from anywhere, which could turn the rules against you,but how defeat it without stoop to his level, without having to succumb to your own dark side.

agreed. Unlike Most of Superman's villains,most of Batman's are psychological.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

Meeeh... Significantly lacking in the credibility department. I'd rather read citizenbane's blog regarding Bats vs Supes. And he's an admitted Batman fan! You know he ain't being biased there.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@drudox19 said:

Wow its funny how people think i hate batman, no i don't its his fan-base which has become kinda annoying that is all i am pointing out i made this thread after i watched Clevver Movies Fanboy face off between batman vs superman and things they were saying got to the point of absurdity. I literally had to defend the DC universe for that matter because the fanboys were saying stuff like Batman beats the entire DC universe. I was ok with it in till they started not only disrespecting superman but the JLA team and other DC characters. Sorry about my spelling i went to my car to get something. Anyways when i mentioned the whole rogues thing to one guy when it concern batman some dude said scarecrow is better then Flash.

Now when i heard this all i said was " This guys a troll" , don't mistake me guys i love Superman and Batman equally maybe i worded the post wrong but i love the characters, i was just angry that these guys went has far has to diss the entire DC universe just to put one character in the DC on a pedestal.

You seem a really angry guy! These are only comic book characters, don't take it so seriously! (from a fellow Batman and Superman follower..)

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@veshark said:

and when haters gon' make fries, we're f****d.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

XD I am so freaking done!

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a fantasy fight on a forum dude is it really gonna kill you if some people think batman can beat superman as long as you think batman loses in whatever fight he may be in then he loses this is the exact reason why people make fun of comic book readers........

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Why do you keep making threads like this that show yourself up constantly? You really aren't helping yourself or the appearance of Superman fans frankly.

Nighttimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already been done multiple times in the past, use the search function

there is a good blog about it too

Mortifarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always was more of a Batfan than Superfan, because Batman is a regular man. He has no powers. But he can beat many people that do. In that way he is more powerful than anyone. Even though he could probably not win against Superman in a fair fight, he can beat him with preparation, and Superman is quite the power house. He cannot take on Darkseid on his own, so instead he finds people to help him, and then he beats Darkseid. In my experience of Batman, even if he doesn't win the battle, he will always win the war.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, WTF is wrong with these people, is just like another "Oh no, batman in MoS2 imma shoot myself" Im hoping you're 13 or so man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:
    Batman took out the JLA and has a Contingency Plan for every DC character

Did this happen in a comic?

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, he edited it. It makes more sense now. I guess I'll post a serious argument in a minute.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i did sorry guys for my post too much emotion was going in it i edited it for you

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a Batman fan that does read the comics and has a large amount of information on the character, and, to be honest, your points in this argument are weak. While I completely agree with your statement that these fanboys should not be listened to, some of your points on Batman in particular are false.

1: First of all, and note that I am trying to put this in a way that does not make me sound like an uninformed Batman fanboy myself, Batman is one paranoid dude. As far as we know, and that is a very important statement because it hasn't been fully explored in the comics, Batman has strategies and information on nearly every known superhuman in the DCU. Does this mean he can defeat anyone in the DCU? No, of course not. Though he may have plans to neutralize or incapacitate many characters, there are people in the DC Universe practically capable of making the world explode with a thought. People a man, no matter how intelligent or strategic, cannot defeat.

Also, if by the John Constantine thing you're talking about Trinity War, please don't spoil it as I have not read it yet.

2: This second point is completely your opinion on the character. Some people like Batman, some people don't. That has NOTHING to do with fanboys not knowing about the character. All that means is they like Batman. You like Superman. It's not a big deal.

The funny part about your second point, however, is you say that Batman (a normal man that has no superpowers whatsoever) has no struggle in his stories, while Superman (practically a god, has more superpowers than anyone else on the Justice League, one of the most powerful beings in the DCU) has struggle in his stories? And you back this up by saying that the fanboy argues the false logic I pointed out in the first point, that Batman can defeat anyone automatically with a contingency plan?

3: Never judge a character on their hardcore fan base. That's just a pathetic excuse to hate a character.

This entire article comes of as an upset Superman fanboy. I agree with the title statement, but otherwise this is very ill-informed.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, WTF is wrong with these people, is just like another "Oh no, batman in MoS2 imma shoot myself" Im hoping you're 13 or so man.

LOL! This made my day.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It goes both ways. All characters have "that" side of the fanbase

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: Ah i never said Batman has no struggles i was telling the fanboy that by his logic batman can take out anyone and shouldnt have no struggle what so ever , it was a example i never even said that, i meant that has a point that every hero has a struggle. I just told the guy him making seem batman is god and has no issue in taking pout his villains by that fanboys logic i kept it equal i wasn't being biased in my edited post. I said Superman fanboys that aren't informed themselves usually bring up Superman prime out of nowhere in vs arguments. i actually kept it equal when i changed my post.

Yes i get it batman is a paranoid guy but the fanboy i was talking to on you tube was not informed what so ever and took things out of proportion. I am not a superman fanboy i love all DC characters and respect them i edit my post cause when i posted it i was pissed off cause of how stupid this dude sounded. I didn't leave out Superman fans i included them in the post has well, did you not read my closing statement In my edited post i said each character has there greatness and some times some bad stuff.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19: Ok, that's cool. We all get angry by idiots sometimes.

And I did read your closing statement but chose not to respond mainly because I don't know very much about Wonder Woman's books.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please stop making threads

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Perezite

@drudox19 said:

Using Batman fans has a example the ones that don't read the comics or have little to no information about batman and looked this up in a wiki page an only exposed to the media versions of the character.

1. They tell you Batman took out the JLA and has a Contingency Plan for every DC character probably they got this from JLA Doom or Looked up Tower of Babel on wikipedia

I respond "So batman can take out the JLA and thats proof he can take out the entire DC universe" ( back of my mind i am thinking he either looked up Frank Millers All Star Batman and Robin on Wiki also.

Ah Batman has no plan to take out Stormwatch, Doom Patrol, The Authority, Green Lantern Corps last time i checked Batman has never ever taken out a Supernatural being batman has no plan for John Constantine ( a dude that made batman look like a idiot in a crossover) or does he have a plan against the Spectre, Lucifer Morningstar. Yeah good look bats coming up with a plan to take a a dude who is the son of the Presence. Superman himself cant take out Supernaturals beings, they can easily kill him in a blink of an eye. This is my response to from what i have seen in the comics and how batman was tricked by John Constantine.

2. Batman is more popular then Superman and any other DC hero, OK i get it but that's more inline DCs fault for not having better writers on other DC characters but that's just how i feel about it that is all. So this is a response to this fanboys answer. Then i give him a reality check and tell him every hero has a struggle you saying Batman can do all of this kinda destroys the struggle he has to fight these villains of his cause by your logic he can take them out in a blink of an eye. I also told him i am not a superman fanboy either superman also has trouble taking out his villains and he struggles also a lot. If i where to portray Superman has superman prime or DC One Million version what is the point superman can take out his villains and make them look like jokes. Of course the fanboy that has little to no information on the DC universe said cause his Batman like usual.

I dont hate Batman i love the character i just feel that the fan-base can be very annoying, there are some superman fan-boys that try to say superman is just like the presence or some crap like that, always using DC One Million version of Superman for some reason in every Superman vs so and so character argument.

All i am saying is that each character has there own great things about him or her and bad things about them, like for example i love WW but i feel that the writers really dont know anything about Greek Mythology at all and the characterization of the Olympians are sometimes off. George Perez loved his WW stuff but it came off has Disney Greek mythology. Superman i feel writers just write him has a superhero first then Science Fiction character second in which IMO it should be the opposite.

On the Greek Mythology stuff, go jump on a Zeus's engorged crank, would you?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

But still,the arguments here are kinda weak. And calling joker a simply clown?

I mean,come on.... BUT I do recognize that Batman isn't a perfect Diety as many people claim he is,but at the same time he is not to be underestimated and taken for a joke...

Unless you made a comic where goes up against someone who FAKES underestimating him and taking him for a joke, knowing what Batman would do next, and then COUNTERING what Batman was going to do just to prove how much of a joke Batman is compared to him.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cameron83

Yeah,you definitely seem a bit...fanboyish lol.

Now you've changed the title.. I'm gonna read this.....anyhow,I hope that arguing that your favorite character can win against another character is basically what you do all day......

And you make horrible assumptions about "Batman fanboys". While some may be ignorant of Superman,your argument isn't really broad or general. So it's almost as if you just make assumptions to close gaps. However,that is what it seems like. I can't say whether it is or isn't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.