Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Opinions on Camelot falls?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I think this is an EXTREMELY under-acknowledged Superman story. One of my very favorite, as a matter of fact. What do you guys think of it?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It's in my top ten for the Post Crisis era of Superman. Definitely underrated and under appreciated but I always viewed Busiek's run as highly under appreciated by many Superman fans.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By toptom

One of my favorite story arcs of all time: a beautifl story with beautiful art plus a powerful Superman . I love it as much i love All Star Superman and Birthright.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sog7dc: Damn I was going to do a blog on this very topic in the New Year but you beat me to it with this thread. I've reread it recently and come to really appreciate Busiek's take on Superman as well as see more merits in the story than I did before. I used to dislike it and it was the first Superman story I read when I became a serious comic book reader but with the New 52's treatment of Superman, I've come to appreciate it more.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you guys talking about this story? Should I read it?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Are you guys talking about this story? Should I read it?

Its considered very good and innovative in terms of characterazation. Here is a synopsis "It's "Must There Be a Superman" written large! The general concept deals with Superman and other alien super heroes having an effect on the earth's recurring cycles of peaking and destruction of society (such as rome, camelot etc...hence the name 'camelot falls'). By Kurt Busiek, Carlos Pacheco and Jesus Merino."

I haven't read it for quite a while but I definitely recommend it.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 2cool4fun

@squalleon: That sounds really interesting, thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to read it as soon as I can.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: yeah I feel the same way with regards to the new 52 and especially unchained. I think Camelot Falls does what Snyder intended to do in the way of putting Superman in a difficult moral dilemma.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so Camelot Falls is underrated story? The h…ck! Awesome … alright, I might be exaggerating, but still, it’s a very good story, nicely written and tagging pretty much all aspects of Superman’s personality and purpose. Definite “must read”.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Agreed, I came to that same conclusion too whilst I was reading it. And unlike the end of Unchained, Superman's solution doesn't force him to compromise any principles, the core of the character remains intact throughout.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@2cool4fun: No prob :)

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc: Damn I was going to do a blog on this very topic in the New Year but you beat me to it with this thread. I've reread it recently and come to really appreciate Busiek's take on Superman as well as see more merits in the story than I did before. I used to dislike it and it was the first Superman story I read when I became a serious comic book reader but with the New 52's treatment of Superman, I've come to appreciate it more.

Eagerly expecting your blog :)

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been hearing about this story for some time now.

How would you guys rate that story?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Will be working on it after a Legend of Korra blog in the New Year.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

I've been hearing about this story for some time now.

How would you guys rate that story?

I'd definitely rate it at least an 8 and personally I'd go higher for a 9/10. It's a really well told and fluid story, basically a much better Superman Unchained in terms of story and characterisation.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had a good story, and raised quite a number of interesting questions.

About how much good does characters like Superman actually do in world. Is he really helping mankind or simply crippling it because he doesn't let humanity solve their own problems and be themselves dealing with the problems for a change.

Camelot Falls changed my entire view about Superman and what he should really be doing. It was one of the few story arcs that actually focused on Superman and how far can one man, even if he's a superman, go before he's faced with a battle he simply can't win. And seeing how much humanity depends on him, if he loses, then humanity dies.

Not many stories had that level of impact.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this. This is a great story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.