Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Oldest Superman comic you own? What's one that you wish you owned excluding #1's?

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was recently looking on ebay for older Superman comics that are on the more valuable side, and it made me curious of other peoples collections and what others value.

I only started collecting/reading again about 4 years ago, but I had a few from my childhood (I was a child of the 90's, so nothing of real value) and have purchased other back issues along the way.

Sadly my oldest Superman comic is Superman #220 - Who Stole my Super-Powers?

One I've been looking at is Superman #53 - The Origin of Superman!

I think that would be a fun one to own that isn't astronomical in price. What do others on here think? I'm sure we'd all love to own the most valuable issues, but are there others that are more sentimental?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I think it was an annual and "For the Man Who Has Everything" was a story. I'd like that. Not that old really but still.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oldest i have is in form of Daily Comic strips from a magazine so the only old full chapter i have is action comics 242 the super duel in space

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be Trial of Superman (1995-1996) I do have Superman Chronicles (Golden and Silver Age) but those were reprints from a couple of years ago.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have some random ones from the 80s.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.