Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Off YOUR Mind: How Long Should Superman and Wonder Woman be a Couple?

robenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By robenson

They should stay together for as long as possible (years and years). As Jones and Lee mentioned, they expect some fans to be unhappy with this new status quo. Bottom line, change is never accepted by all even when proven that it is for the best. Hopefully those displeased fans will eventually realize that he can be Superman without Lois and will give this a chance.

Humorous note: As soon as I saw this link, I made a bet that one of the counter arguments against this change would be that Superman is "destined" to be with Lois. I'm happy to say that I won the bet...lol

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52  Edited By IronAngelX

I love the idea...I hope this stays a permanent change because it makes more sense to me. No healthy relationship is built on secrets. Superman and Wonder Woman can be that couple that explores the other side of that coin. Great idea for the new status quo.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KRYPTON

It should last forever, It's time for change and the New 52 has brought that change. (even though it's done before) what's the harm in letting Superman date WW, he and Lois have been dating/married since the late 1900's.

robenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By robenson

@captainspidey1: What some Superman fans don't seem to realize is when it comes to writing material, the sky is the limit. They have so much more to work with using this pairing as the new status quo.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#55  Edited By RazzaTazz

One panel

hobanho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hobanho

Love the idea!! It's about time really, they should run with it for awhile. I always envisioned Diana sort of "corrupting" Superman's views of the world and humans. Make him realize how superior he is...

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By UltimateSMfan

they shld have a good go at it,probably like Supes n lana,i dont want DC to make superman a one woman man from the get go,let him have a couple more,in a couple of yrs or so i'd love to see maxima,or any other damsels that can handle him before eventually getting with, in flash terms his lightning rod Lois lane, basiclly his tether to humanity after the loss of the kents, thts my belief n he's gonna need that at some point. personally i never want to see superman MARRY anyone other than lois lane.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Novemberx2

pretty sure that wonder woman would be the only woman on earth how could actually survive having sex with superman. lois lane would need a hip replacement

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Deranged Midget

Whatever.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#60  Edited By BlueLantern1995

This is wrong. Superman belongs with Lois Lane, Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor...its just how it is.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Godstaff

@Miss_Garrick said:

@ReganRuled said:

No Caption Provided

If Diana HAD to chose, I'd rather she did pick Bruce over Clark.

Nice picture.

How many more like this can you show me? Because I can show you at least fifteen of Supes kissing Wondy without digging too much into the archives.

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as the writers can come up with high quality stories involving the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship, I will give it a try.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Herx

A Fling. That's all i can really think of it. Sure the relationship has been explored in other books (elseworlds) but other than that WW and SM have a HUGE backlog of characters from their own books to hook up with with whom they have more chemistry with than eachother. Apart from having the same level of strength and working on the same team what do the 2 really know about eachother? It was mentioned in issue 11 of Justice league that the team doesn't know eachothers secret identities so this relationship won't be a DianaXClark relationship but a SMxWW one, which isn't a strong foundation at all. Take away that thrill of the work place relationship and what have they got? 2 compleatly different identities who'll most likely not attract one and other.

All i really think of this is that it's ticking off 2 boxes for Jones while writing Justice League. Box 1: Lets get the Superman Wonder Woman hook-up done and dusted. Now no one can say that we didn't do it at some point. Box 2: lets create that work place tentsion with these 2s relationship fucking up the status quo of the team (and stabbing that shard of glass even further into the heart of Steve Trevors.) Sure other incarnations of the league have had relationships between members, but that was back when the teams membership rotated members all of the time. This is an incarnation of the team that's had the same members for 5 years with no new members, so the relationship will just create a tension amongs the team which will involve all of the characters shouting at one and other (so no real change there).

But again, i can only see this as a short fling which will most likely (as have other elements shown in the justice league book) not translate into the characters individual titles. Having the same level of power and just so happening to be different genders doesnt make for a relationship that'll last throughout the ages.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#64  Edited By SC  Moderator

Until Wonder Woman finds Superman giving some of his Kryptonian heritage to Zatanna and Huntress at the same time. So after she finds him showing Big Barda and Vixen a tour of Smallville. I mean Superman should be the first one to cheat, cause he's the man duh, and it can totally be like Ross and Rachel and he can be like - Yo Wondy, we wuz on a break knowhatImean dawg? Except after the 8th time he gets caught cheating and after one too many times of Superman doing his best Shaggy "It wasn't me" impersonation he should dump Wonder Woman. I mean DC wants him to be edgy and cool right and give an even bigger vicarious thrill edge to the character right? Just make Superman into someone you would find in the Jersey Shore. It'll be awesome DC, chase that dolla dolla.    

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#65  Edited By Green ankh

never

Jmacq1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jmacq1

I think there's potential for an interesting relationship. Contrary to some of the complaints they're not "Too much alike."

I've also seen the worry that Superman dating Diana makes Superman "more distant" from humanity, but in all truth it could be the opposite scenario: One where he's helping HER to relate to humanity a little more. Plus there's no question that Diana has more of a ruthless side than Clark, which can also serve as a source of conflict.

I just think that obvious physical compatibility and attraction aside, there's a certain romance to the "Farmboy and the Princess" that could make the relationship reasonably compelling...for a time. While it would be nice to see something "different" that actually stuck in modern comics, the entrenched mindset of both many writers and many fans will prevent it from lasting beyond a few years at most.(and quite possibly not even that long, though I don't think this is another "one issue fake-out" and I DO think it will crossover into their solo titles eventually.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Darkus_99:

I think you missed what he was going for there.

Avatar image for superkamakasy64
    SuperKamakasy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SuperKamakasy64

If Wonder Woman and Superman start doing it in the sky the world will end... wait, that already happen! sort of.

Superman and Lois Lane, end of discussion.

robenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By robenson

@Darku@Darkus_99: Dude, you were way off.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LordRequiem

it shouldn't end with one cheating on the other, that's stupid, they're superheroes, and therefore supposed to be the best examples of us so they wouldn't cheat. If a writer makes that happen he's foolish also. It could be an everlasting relationship, after all Supes needs a strong female companion.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Godstaff

@Darkus_99 said:

@Godstaff: Yeah I'd rather see wonderwoman with Bats too... Superman belongs to LOIS not the amazon! If wonderwoman had to choose, Batman is the best!! ;))

Dude, have you read what I've wrote?

Avatar image for whirlnami_heroes
    Whirlnami_Heroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Whirlnami_Heroes

Superman should stick to Lois Lane. Wonder Woman don't need no man.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By soduh2

@Godstaff said:

I want this to last for as long as possible. Someone said a decade? Okay, I buy.

Why the hell everybody is so surprised (and many of you upset) about this couple is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

They have a lot of history together, a lot of hints and innuendo of a mutual romantic interest, and it's been 40+ years now. Where do you think all those images of they kissing and fighting together and each other, all made not by fans, but by great artists of the comic industry came from? Yep, from the comic books pages and covers. Every other Elseworld ends up with them together. And let's not forget Kingdom Come was canon before the reboot.

Let me remind all of you ranting about "Wonder Woman is Batman's girl" that, first of all, Diana is nobody's "girl", and that pairing was cooked by Bruce Timm for the Justice League animated series in the late '90s and the first years of the new century, there was no history before that. None of them had any romantic interest in the other. In fact, during the nineties, during George Perez take on Wonder Woman comic books, she was very much in love with Superman. Yes, even when the JL cartoons were being aired.

After the cartoon's first seasons, there were vague mentions of a romantic possibility between BM and WW in a few JLA issues, and one kiss during the Blackest Night Event. In JLA #90, Diana has an experience with a mind scanning machine, imagining her possible lives with Batman. After that, both of them agreed they were NOT meant to be. Period. The rest is fan-fantasy, nothing more.

As for Lois, well, their marriage is also a thing of the nineties, probably triggered by the short success of the TV show "Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman". Before that, she never had any interest in Clark Kent, only in Superman, she always treated Clark like an idiot. How can somebody say she loves a guy when she doesn't even know his whole person, it really escapes me. For years Superman had several romantic interest besides Lois: Lory Lemaris, Lana Lang, Cat Grant, etc. Even though Lois was a constant, it seemed to be an on and off kind of thing. The stupid notion that she "grounded" him, that she is his connection with humanity is disrespectful to the efforts of Jonathan and Martha Kent, the human couple who raised Clark, grounding him and teaching what being human means to an alien child.

Many, many times Lois prevented Superman to do his job because she was in some kind of crisis or a life threatening situation. Except that one time when she kept calling Superman to save her father, and he went to save someone else instead. Someone much more important to him and the safety of the world. Who? Good guess: Wonder Woman. That was during the "Our Worlds at War" saga. Did anyone say that they are boring because Diana would never be in danger of dying? Hm.

Lois is his destiny? She will die too soon, old and weak (but still annoying) and he will go on living for who knows how long without change. I'd say that an immortal Amazon is clearly the one he will settle down with, exactly like in Kingdom Come.

Destiny my "S", says Kal.

As you can see, there's nothing new about this.

Everything I've just said is FACT, so, unless you try to refute me with hard cold facts, please don't bother.

Leave this be. It only can be a good thing. Let the many of us who still enjoy and buy the New 52 books have our entertainment peacefully. Because that's what it is: a beautiful, funny and, some times, compelling entertainment. It's not a cause. It's not a crusade.

Let's hope DC writers do a good thing out of this. That's the only way it will last.

Agreed.

kimi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74  Edited By kimi74

12 months our time. Long enough to set it up, be happy, then go awkwardly wrong. Then break up and have some exploration of the end of it all. (I could see many writers using flashbacks to this period for many years.) Then set up the connection between Superman & WW that, long term, becomes a rock solid friendship based on their history & unique superhero background. I see this as a primary storyline that runs in their respective books but could easily work into one-shots and crossovers into other titles. I say let's do it. Let's see what can happen with this idea. It won't be forever but what a great concept to explore... And then what a way to get Lois back on the scene... Let's see what Diana & Clark can do as a couple. (Personally, I think it would never work. And I think Diana needs someone different to Clark). But would still love to see it tried...

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By the_fallen11

They won't last long. BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN FOREVER!!!!!

satankid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By satankid

Its that hot lava splash all over her....Ohh yeah

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mattydeNero

I think that it's great DC is taking advantage of this. This relationship should put many different groups at odds. Especially the government and Trevor. He's not going to be cool with this. On the other side is Lois. You know she won't be cool with it. With the Trinity War approaching, I don't see this withstanding a war envolving both Superman and Wonder Woman. They're bound to bump heads eventually.

edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By edtie97

I don't want them to be a couple for too long, because, I've never liked superman and wonder woman together. I always thought wonder woman was supposed to be with batman.

olympe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By olympe

Seriously, I think this depends on how well they're written. If they're written well as a couple and the writers also come up with a couple of interesting storylines, I don't mind them having a happy ever after with each other.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By jointron33

This is a moronic coupling if there ever was one. What, they should be together cus they have similar powers? Then why isn't she with Martian Manhunter? And for morons going, "New 52, start over", then why should we have Dick Grayson as Robin. I mean, that's boring, old, and played out? What was the point of deaging Steve Trevor again if you weren't going to use him? And WW/Bats is an exercise in unheard of levels of retardation.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever. They always just clicked as a couple to me and it always seemed that Steve and Lois were just stand-ins for their super heroic counterparts. I think the reason Superman and Wonder Woman seem to 'click', is because their backgrounds as 'aliens in a foreign country/world' are roughly similar, they have very similar views on how to do their jobs and ultimately, there is some spark in the occasional difference of opinion that comes about as a result of their different childhoods. These things give them an interesting dynamic: despite their similarities, they can have fundamental differences on where their extremes lie, in the same way a married couple does.

@Jmacq1 said:

I think there's potential for an interesting relationship. Contrary to some of the complaints they're not "Too much alike."

I've also seen the worry that Superman dating Diana makes Superman "more distant" from humanity, but in all truth it could be the opposite scenario: One where he's helping HER to relate to humanity a little more. Plus there's no question that Diana has more of a ruthless side than Clark, which can also serve as a source of conflict.

I just think that obvious physical compatibility and attraction aside, there's a certain romance to the "Farmboy and the Princess" that could make the relationship reasonably compelling...for a time. While it would be nice to see something "different" that actually stuck in modern comics, the entrenched mindset of both many writers and many fans will prevent it from lasting beyond a few years at most.(and quite possibly not even that long, though I don't think this is another "one issue fake-out" and I DO think it will crossover into their solo titles eventually.

I agree with a lot of your points. An added dynamic is the fact that she is more 'human' than he is, being created by divine beings that created humanity while he is not even a 'man' in the human sense - he is technically a Kryptonian male so physical similarities aside, he is not a human. Even so, the way human societies evolved from a rougher, more ruthless general societal schemes towards more governmental, mundane social mores somewhat reflects the lessons each can learn from each other. While each is teaching the other how to behave one way in a certain situation, the other could teach the opposite in another situation. Superman needs a ruthless side against more powerful opponents and Wonder Woman - well, not sure what she can learn from Superman - she seems more level-headed in general!

skillin villin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By skillin villin

@soduh2 said:

@Godstaff said:

I want this to last for as long as possible. Someone said a decade? Okay, I buy.

Why the hell everybody is so surprised (and many of you upset) about this couple is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

They have a lot of history together, a lot of hints and innuendo of a mutual romantic interest, and it's been 40+ years now. Where do you think all those images of they kissing and fighting together and each other, all made not by fans, but by great artists of the comic industry came from? Yep, from the comic books pages and covers. Every other Elseworld ends up with them together. And let's not forget Kingdom Come was canon before the reboot.

Let me remind all of you ranting about "Wonder Woman is Batman's girl" that, first of all, Diana is nobody's "girl", and that pairing was cooked by Bruce Timm for the Justice League animated series in the late '90s and the first years of the new century, there was no history before that. None of them had any romantic interest in the other. In fact, during the nineties, during George Perez take on Wonder Woman comic books, she was very much in love with Superman. Yes, even when the JL cartoons were being aired.

After the cartoon's first seasons, there were vague mentions of a romantic possibility between BM and WW in a few JLA issues, and one kiss during the Blackest Night Event. In JLA #90, Diana has an experience with a mind scanning machine, imagining her possible lives with Batman. After that, both of them agreed they were NOT meant to be. Period. The rest is fan-fantasy, nothing more.

As for Lois, well, their marriage is also a thing of the nineties, probably triggered by the short success of the TV show "Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman". Before that, she never had any interest in Clark Kent, only in Superman, she always treated Clark like an idiot. How can somebody say she loves a guy when she doesn't even know his whole person, it really escapes me. For years Superman had several romantic interest besides Lois: Lory Lemaris, Lana Lang, Cat Grant, etc. Even though Lois was a constant, it seemed to be an on and off kind of thing. The stupid notion that she "grounded" him, that she is his connection with humanity is disrespectful to the efforts of Jonathan and Martha Kent, the human couple who raised Clark, grounding him and teaching what being human means to an alien child.

Many, many times Lois prevented Superman to do his job because she was in some kind of crisis or a life threatening situation. Except that one time when she kept calling Superman to save her father, and he went to save someone else instead. Someone much more important to him and the safety of the world. Who? Good guess: Wonder Woman. That was during the "Our Worlds at War" saga. Did anyone say that they are boring because Diana would never be in danger of dying? Hm.

Lois is his destiny? She will die too soon, old and weak (but still annoying) and he will go on living for who knows how long without change. I'd say that an immortal Amazon is clearly the one he will settle down with, exactly like in Kingdom Come.

Destiny my "S", says Kal.

As you can see, there's nothing new about this.

Everything I've just said is FACT, so, unless you try to refute me with hard cold facts, please don't bother.

Leave this be. It only can be a good thing. Let the many of us who still enjoy and buy the New 52 books have our entertainment peacefully. Because that's what it is: a beautiful, funny and, some times, compelling entertainment. It's not a cause. It's not a crusade.

Let's hope DC writers do a good thing out of this. That's the only way it will last.

Agreed.

True

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By Omega-Man

Really it should only stay a couple issues in Justice League, since I find it odd that Diana doesn't know Superman and Clark Kent are the same person (It stated in Justice League not all of them are aware of each team member outside of the Justice League) And pretty much in Superman comics isn't Clark kind of Flirting with Lucy Lane? or it could be the other way around.

Plus even though they are both really strong characters they are very different from each other, WW is willing to Kill, Superman isn't. Even the new way of thinking Wonder Woman's world is far different than Superman's. As in Clark still likes to be human he still wears the guise of Clark Kent hell he has helped more people as Clark than as Superman even Batman stated this to him that he did more good as Clark. Wonder Woman on the other hand walks down a street with a sword in her hand and is willing to cut off anyones head she's a demi goddess and pretty much shows she's proud of that aspect of where she comes from, she doesn't hide who she is or what she is.

Even Though superman is powerful, he still sees himself as Human alot of the time, even in the new 52 he maybe more alone than he used to be pre reboot but he still sees himself as human.

But one thing I don't get is why reintroduce Steve Trevor into modern comics only to kill him off? He's always been a love interest to classic Wonder Woman, but pre reboot didn't have Steve involved or if he was it was brief and never stuck.

Really for me they can stick it to a few issues in Justice League for a few weeks but I already know it won't work, Diana isn't going to be willing to dress up in normal clothing just to show up with Clark to prove that he's seeing someone, and Lois seems to have a habit in Superman comics of setting up dates for Clark (Her sister Lucy) Plus Diana isn't aware that Superman has a secret identity. It's only Batman and Superman who know each other out of costume. (Hal Knows Bruce is Batman but doesn't hang with him out of costume)

I find it amusing alot of people who read comics don't know the first thing about the characters here in question how they act and what they would do, I think Wonder Woman wouldn't be too fond of Superman having a double life of Clark Kent and she wouldn't be willing to do that for him since she's too fond of being what she is an Amazon Warrior and demi goddess.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Crash_Recovery

They should be a couple as long as it makes for good stories. That seems like the obvious choice here.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Barkley

for as long as they can tell good stories

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Mbecks14

Ideally it wouldn't be happening at all. Next to that, one issue would be preferable.

I try to console myself that this Superman/Wonder Woman nonsense won't last by reminding myself that Superman and Lois ARE inevitable.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Barkley

the fact that everybody is talking about means the relationship has already worked..it was on the news...DC isnt stupid the know what they are doing and give them all the respect to have the Balls to change the the status quoe...Good job...now maybe marvel can get storm and Black panther back together and Mary Jane and Spider-man married again...have She-Hulk and Hulk hook up...no wait there cousins that would be sick...lol...Thor and She-Hulk...awesome

spinningwebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By spinningwebs

In my opinion Superman shouldn't be with Wonder Woman. Yet Wonder Woman should be with Superman. If that makes any sense.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Barkley

@FanofUltraman: gross

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Barkley

@Nantucket: if you so stuck in your ways why do you read comic books anymore?just asking how do you know what will happen have you read a single issue yet?...im sorry that people are predicting what they think will happen the truth is nobody knows..not even me

TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#91  Edited By TerryMcC

Until at least one kid.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mbecks14

Superman and Lois Lane. The greatest love story in comics. A love that has lasted over 70 years. They may just be fictional characters but the love between Clark and Lois is inspirational and with the recent developments in Justice League, I feel like it’s history is not being respected. This is why I believe Superman and Lois Lane need to be together.

Superman is more than just a hero. He’s also Clark Kent. A regular very human guy with a good heart and a passion for justice who just happens to have super powers. And Lois Lane is a take no bullshit kick ass woman with the same passion for justice and the truth.

Superman gives Lois the hope that there is good and decency in the world, that someone else can stand up and do something for what’s right. Everything that’s great about Superman inspires Lois and that’s why she falls for him. Lois believes in exposing the truth and what’s fair. Clark is the guy who always loved her, never gave up on her and shares her passion for fairness and justice. He’s the dependable guy who has always been there.

Lois may just be a “mere-human” but that is exactly what Superman needs. A human woman to ground him and keep him from floating above us as some unreachable god. People say that Superman isn’t relatable because he’s “too powerful” but that’s because they don’t understand the character. He’s the most human character I know without even being a human. He’s the nerd in all of us, the nerd who gets to live out the ultimate fantasy. He’s a son with a family, he’s the coworker, the outsider that we can all relate to. He’s the shy good guy who longs for the beautiful coworker who always fell for the jock and finally wins her over.

Superman/Clark doesn’t need a super powerful demi-godess. He needs another human woman who is always there to remind him of his humanity. Lois is his anchor. They don’t need to fight crime together to be heroes together. They are the ultimate team. Lois Lane gets to be the kick butt reporter who’s always getting into trouble because Superman is always there to pick her up.

Lois Lane is the biggest part of the Superman mythology. Except for maybe his superpowers. Without Lois, there isn’t really much Superman. I can’t think of any other pair of characters so co-dependent on each others’ existence to make them who they are. Batman doesn’t always need Robin or Alfred. But Superman will always need Lois Lane.

Yes Superman and Lois are great and strong characters, and Lois doesn’t need to be in every Superman story ever all the time. But she helps make Superman who he is and that’s why she will always need to be there for him.

Wonder Woman is a beautiful strong character too. And while she may be a physical match for Superman, they are still very different characters. Wonder Woman may be a hero who fights for truth and justice, but it’s not the same. She’s a warrior and a princess and essentially a goddess. She’s a great hero and I love her too but she’s not at all a good match for Superman. They can be great friends, but they don’t have that same chemistry. As a woman, Diana is just too much for Superman. Her and Lois are both very independent women who don’t need a man to be successful, but Superman completes Lois just as Lois completes Superman. Where as Wonder Woman is complete on her own, which may be why she’s never had a strong long time love interest beyond Steve Trevor. Also, Superman’s mythology just doesn’t blend well with Wonder Woman’s where as Superman and Lois are part of the same corner of the DCU.

Overall I believe that DC has totally dropped the ball on new 52 Superman. Morrison’s Action Comics is pretty good, but a little disappointing and confusing. But the Superman title? Utterly one note boring and chaotic. Even Supergirl and Superboy are kinda lame. Superman hasn’t felt like Superman, in Justice League he’s just thing quiet angry guy who hits things. And the comment from the Superman editor who doesn’t see Superman and Lois as inevitable just shows how the current DC staff doesn’t understand Superman.

They were literally created for each other. Superman and Lois Lane ARE inevitable.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By fodigg

I'm more upset about poor Steve Trevor than Lois. I don't know why that is.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#94  Edited By TheCannon

@fodigg said:

I'm more upset about poor Steve Trevor than Lois.

This.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By redwingx

@Mbecks14 said:

Superman and Lois Lane. The greatest love story in comics. A love that has lasted over 70 years. They may just be fictional characters but the love between Clark and Lois is inspirational and with the recent developments in Justice League, I feel like it’s history is not being respected. This is why I believe Superman and Lois Lane need to be together.

Superman is more than just a hero. He’s also Clark Kent. A regular very human guy with a good heart and a passion for justice who just happens to have super powers. And Lois Lane is a take no bullshit kick ass woman with the same passion for justice and the truth.

Superman gives Lois the hope that there is good and decency in the world, that someone else can stand up and do something for what’s right. Everything that’s great about Superman inspires Lois and that’s why she falls for him. Lois believes in exposing the truth and what’s fair. Clark is the guy who always loved her, never gave up on her and shares her passion for fairness and justice. He’s the dependable guy who has always been there.

Lois may just be a “mere-human” but that is exactly what Superman needs. A human woman to ground him and keep him from floating above us as some unreachable god. People say that Superman isn’t relatable because he’s “too powerful” but that’s because they don’t understand the character. He’s the most human character I know without even being a human. He’s the nerd in all of us, the nerd who gets to live out the ultimate fantasy. He’s a son with a family, he’s the coworker, the outsider that we can all relate to. He’s the shy good guy who longs for the beautiful coworker who always fell for the jock and finally wins her over.

Superman/Clark doesn’t need a super powerful demi-godess. He needs another human woman who is always there to remind him of his humanity. Lois is his anchor. They don’t need to fight crime together to be heroes together. They are the ultimate team. Lois Lane gets to be the kick butt reporter who’s always getting into trouble because Superman is always there to pick her up.

Lois Lane is the biggest part of the Superman mythology. Except for maybe his superpowers. Without Lois, there isn’t really much Superman. I can’t think of any other pair of characters so co-dependent on each others’ existence to make them who they are. Batman doesn’t always need Robin or Alfred. But Superman will always need Lois Lane.

Yes Superman and Lois are great and strong characters, and Lois doesn’t need to be in every Superman story ever all the time. But she helps make Superman who he is and that’s why she will always need to be there for him.

Wonder Woman is a beautiful strong character too. And while she may be a physical match for Superman, they are still very different characters. Wonder Woman may be a hero who fights for truth and justice, but it’s not the same. She’s a warrior and a princess and essentially a goddess. She’s a great hero and I love her too but she’s not at all a good match for Superman. They can be great friends, but they don’t have that same chemistry. As a woman, Diana is just too much for Superman. Her and Lois are both very independent women who don’t need a man to be successful, but Superman completes Lois just as Lois completes Superman. Where as Wonder Woman is complete on her own, which may be why she’s never had a strong long time love interest beyond Steve Trevor. Also, Superman’s mythology just doesn’t blend well with Wonder Woman’s where as Superman and Lois are part of the same corner of the DCU.

Overall I believe that DC has totally dropped the ball on new 52 Superman. Morrison’s Action Comics is pretty good, but a little disappointing and confusing. But the Superman title? Utterly one note boring and chaotic. Even Supergirl and Superboy are kinda lame. Superman hasn’t felt like Superman, in Justice League he’s just thing quiet angry guy who hits things. And the comment from the Superman editor who doesn’t see Superman and Lois as inevitable just shows how the current DC staff doesn’t understand Superman.

They were literally created for each other. Superman and Lois Lane ARE inevitable.

Fact is, no one gives a damn about Lois nowadays. Most people think her name is Lana Lane, thanks to Smallville.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Mbecks14

@redwingx said:

Fact is, no one gives a damn about Lois nowadays. Most people think her name is Lana Lane, thanks to Smallville.

Your ignorance is almost not even worth responding to. But people love Lois Lane. She's the oldest female character in comics and is probably a lot more widely recognized than you'd think. Besides even with Lois not currently dating Superman, Wonder Woman is still a terrible match for Superman. Just as bad as Superman is for Wonder Woman. She doesn't need the only man in the DCU who can over shadow her as her leading man. They're bad for eachother. And those who don't see that don't understand the characters, story telling, or romance.

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Eivion

Honestly I hope it doesn't last longer than a year. Outside being the strongest man and woman in DC, they don't really match up well to me. I also don't think it meshes with what Azzarello has been doing with Wonder Woman which I find far more interesting than any relationship between WW and SM.

MisterMxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MisterMxy
    No Caption Provided

Trevor Barnes wants another chance with Wonder Woman.

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By Utandi

What makes you so sure that this is definitely going to be happen? Just the cover?

The issue isn't even out jet and covers can be deceptive and sometimes doesn't match with the content.

Did I missed something in the comics? I really try to keep up to date with most of the DC story's.

So I really wanna know! :O

Fudgie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Fudgie29

I don't want it to be forever but if its going to happen might as well make it good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.