New Superman, Supergirl And Superboy Redesign Images Revealed

Posted by G-Man (18924 posts) - - Show Bio

We've already had today's announcement for the next batch of DC revamp books (are they really calling it DCnU?). Over at Bleeding Cool, some new images for what we were all expecting to see tomorrow have surfaced. While this is not part of the officially released information from DC, it is out there (on the internet) so let us take a look and see what we can expect.

The rumors state that Superman will be by George Perez, possibly writing and drawing. The Action Comics rumor has Grant Morrison steering it along.

Supergirl is rumored to being written by Michael Green and Mike Johnson who did some cool Superman/Batman arcs and have also worked on early episodes of Smallville.

Superboy has been confirmed as being written by Scott Lobdell in an interview at Newsarama the other day. He does have a different look than what we've seen in the artwork for Teen Titans. Some members of Teen Titans appear to be new. Could we possibly have two Superboy characters?

You'll also notice that it appears DC characters will not be wearing skirts anymore. Actually I suppose I should clarify that as the female characters since the male ones pretty much haven't been wearing skirts. I wonder if Superman's costume design has anything to do with the recent legal matters between the Siegel and Shuster heirs. As iconic and important as his original costume is/was, I am totally fine with a redesign. The shorts on the outside just don't work and have always looked odd. We've just been used to it all these years.

Check out the looks of Supergirl and Superboy below.

== TEASER ==

Tomorrow we should get official confirmation on who the creators will be.

#1 Edited by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

Is superboy a machine now? 
Don't like the new Superman look but oh well... :( 
Supergirl looks neat.

#2 Edited by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Supergirl's costume. I liked Superman's more in the other pic. Is that Superboy robotic?

#3 Posted by Man of Lengend (997 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good to me

#4 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's boots look ridiculous...Supergirl's is actually kind of cool....why is that Superboy different than the one we saw on yesterday's Teen Titan covers?

#5 Edited by roboticjesus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

No major changes to Superman except losing the red underoos. I am really not impressed with the Supergirl redesign, but like what I have seen of Superboy from this image and the Teen Titans one.

Really interested to see what Grant Morrison does with Action Comics.

#6 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy just needs to go back to wearing jeans and a S Sheild shirt....
#7 Posted by Outside_85 (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg Superboy and tall boots with exposed knees...jeez.

#8 Posted by roboticjesus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark5: Didnt even notice that till I read your comment, but it looks like he at least partially is a cyborg. He was a clone before, so maybe this is a different twist on the character?

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Supergirl's costumes I could get used too. Terrible art on Supergirl though. Looks more like Power Girl with less boobage. 

#10 Posted by Adnan (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Remember that tattoo the TT Superboy had, which looked suspiciously barcode-ish? I'm thinking there is a lot more to post-FP Superboy than these covers are showing us.
#11 Posted by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Superman look like Superboy Prime?

#12 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Power-Girl? Looks kinda lame, except Super-Girl, she looks interesting.

#13 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
@danhimself: Remember that tattoo the TT Superboy had, which looked suspiciously barcode-ish? I'm thinking there is a lot more to post-FP Superboy than these covers are showing us.
yeah I'm thinking that we'll see a different origin for him....the Death of Superman arc may be retconned all together
#14 Posted by chitakiamaro (4 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#15 Posted by VanTesla (511 posts) - - Show Bio

The robo Super Boy is just asinine...
#16 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate when websites put up there own logo if they have it it is not long before the company releases more images. Superman's design looks fine I just do not like the image. Superboy I think looks better than any of his old lame costumes. Supergirl has a good costume but I loved Turner's design I also liked the idea of Superman Wonder Woman and Batman teaching her and it will be sad to see it go. I really hope the rumors of Morrison on Superman are true if he is leaving Batman Inc for a few months then it better be for a good reason.

#17 Posted by sj_esposito (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy's redesign is very disappointing -- awful. Supergirl looks the best out of the three.

#18 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

they look good, but the Teen Titans Superboy looked way better, this one looks weird
#19 Posted by Osiris1428 (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think you can make Superman's costume look cool.

#20 Posted by JDevil (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Supergirl costume, but why is the Superboy costume so different from the Teen Titans Version?

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really not liking the new Supergirl look. That cape looks like it's strangling her. Supes' is fine, just now what we're used to. 
Conner's will need a better view.

#22 Posted by Transmetal (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's look isn;t good...though I really dont mind it, Supergilrs outfit actually looks more kryptonian to me though the actual artwork needs work...with Superboy I just want to put a bullet in my head...jeez its bad
#23 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all three of these designs Supergirl's is the best her design is fashionable and modern

#24 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy's and Supergirl's kinda suck
#25 Posted by G-Man (18924 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Hopefully tomorrow we'll find out about Power Girl.

How many titles are left? Is there still a chance for a Red Robin solo book? What about Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown. This is what I wanna know.

#26 Posted by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:

Actually that's something i noticed too. He really does look like the emo boy doesn't he.? 
Don't like where DC is going with this,
#27 Posted by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans new look won't last

#28 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

@comicdude23: Hopefully tomorrow we'll find out about Power Girl. 

I hope she keeps her Earth Two origins. 

How many titles are left? Is there still a chance for a Red Robin solo book? What about Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown. This is what I wanna know. 

Same here, I wanna know what happens to Tim, except for Steph.
#29 Posted by yeopop (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl looks great.

#30 Posted by RareCheshire (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Supergirl's look the most!

#31 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio

If this Superboy is robotic, then the other Superboy in the Titans could be a robot that went rogue and this one being employed by its creators.

#32 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I want her boots!

#33 Edited by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark5 said:

@azza04 said:

Actually that's something i noticed too. He really does look like the emo boy doesn't he.? Don't like where DC is going with this,

Yep. If the post hadn't said it was Superman, I would have actually though it was Superboy Prime.

I think they should have maybe added some yellow into the belt or gone with something a bit like this.

#34 Posted by MrFantastic (225 posts) - - Show Bio

<sigh> 

Doesn't DC remember New Coke?  Don't they remember Marvel's Heroes Reborn?  Can't they see the train wreck that is Marvel's Ultimate Universe?

#35 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy will be a cyborg? WTF? I'm sorry DC but the more I knew about your reboot, the more I hate it! ... 

Why can't this world only another world of the Multiverse? I guess that would be great ... but not as the new mainstream.

#36 Posted by Decept-O (7295 posts) - - Show Bio

Thankfully, Superman is now wearing pants.

These look good and I am curious about Superboy.

#37 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Supergirl's looks best. I don't mind Superman, they can't change it too much after all. Superboy I'm not certain yet. I'll have to wait and see what it looks like without all the technical junk, I'm kinda assuming that's the cloning rig or something. I wonder if they're going to go with the Young Justice version of Superboy. Brand new and angsty.

#38 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Girl looks like Power Girl.  Just putting it out there.

#39 Posted by obscurefan (273 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked some of the redesigns at first, but now, for crying out loud, what is up with all the lines on the costumes? It's making them look like you have to assemble the costumes piece by piece.

#40 Posted by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  Super Girl looks like Power Girl.  Just putting it out there.
Maybe that's DC's tribute to Power-girl who will probably no longer exist.
#41 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
If this Superboy is robotic, then the other Superboy in the Titans could be a robot that went rogue and this one being employed by its creators.
This will just be a prequel to the Titans stuff I'd imagine. Notice we couldn't see Conner's front in the Titans promo?
#42 Edited by azza04 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

@Amegashita said:

Super Girl looks like Power Girl. Just putting it out there.

They may have sort of merged PG and SG into one character, so there aren't two Kara's running around.

#43 Posted by Herx (372 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm already missing the red breiffs worn on the outside. 
Supergirl's is actualy not bad. 
Conners........... well alli can say is that he can now go back to playing streetfighter and stealing his fasion sence from there.

#44 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these look good, but Superman's looks the least bad. I don't know why it looks armored, he's super strong and invulnerable, he doesn't need armor.  

Call me old fashioned, but I thought Supergirl really pulled off the skirt/sundress look. I don't like the red underpants on the classic Superman look, but the only thing MORE ridiculous is her red umm, half-panties. Boots with missing knees are stupid. I do like the cape look for her. If they gave a similar cape to Kal, it wouldn't work. 

Superboy... just no. It's like they're making Superboy the Hank Henshaw.

#45 Posted by dewboy01 (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

they look like...

#46 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: That's true.
#47 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE SUPERGIRL'S, but not crazy about superman's

#48 Posted by Arevish (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy looks like a red lantern + Forge (marvel universe)

#49 Posted by HubrisRanger (139 posts) - - Show Bio

There is something about the way Supergirl's cape clasps around her neck that I'm really into...that sounded creepier out loud than in my head.

#50 Posted by ImperiousRix (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, Supergirl looks awesome. 
Not crazy about Supes and Connor, though.  Supes just looks like he's missing something without his red underpants, and Connor just looks over-designed right now.  I'm sure they'll iron out the costumes as the series get underway. 
Just don't change Supergirl's!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.