#1 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting.

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read it if DC puts it in print.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really looking forward to this

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this controversial cause the anti-gay author of Ender's Game would be writing it? I'd still read this, though. I love Orson Scott Card's writing, even though I hate his views regarding equality.

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Isn't this controversial cause the anti-gay author of Ender's Game would be writing it? I'd still read this, though. I love Orson Scott Card's writing, even though I hate his views regarding equality.

i dont understand why there is a controversy about it.

Are people going to ask DC not to hire any christians and mormons who believe that homosexuals is a sin as according to the bible?

If thats the case I think alot more people should get fired.

#7 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't be giving that homophobic douchebag a penny of my money.

#8 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@skooks: Exactly the same reason why I'll never be picking this up. The guy is allowed to have his own views but when he uses the money from his sales to help fund anti-gay activism then I'm out.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@callsignneptune said:

@skooks: Exactly the same reason why I'll never be picking this up. The guy is allowed to have his own views but when he uses the money from his sales to help fund anti-gay activism, then I'm out.

That raises an interesting question

#10 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: I wonder if people would be as quick to buy it/express interest in it if Card was to put his earnings into racist activism etc.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

@callsignneptune said:

@KnightRise: I wonder if people would be as quick to buy it/express interest in it if Card was to put his earnings into racist activism etc.

I'd be interested to hear the response too.

Part of me hopes this is all just a bad publicity stunt to promote the series, the Superman film, and the Enders Game film. Announce a controversial decision, get loads of publicity, then announce that he'll be taken off the project, even though he might never have been on it. I'd still be disappointed, but maybe slightly less than if they actually go through with it.

#12 Posted by SmashBrawler (5739 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we talk about the actual series instead of this crap with Card?

Joshua Hale Fialkov writing Superman. That's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.