New SUPERMAN: BRAINIAC animated movie

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Here you go

There wasn't a Castle panel at Comic-Con this year, but that didn't stop self-proclaimed fangirl Molly Quinn (Alexis) from heading down to San Diego for the geek fest. And she couldn't contain her excitement over a new project that will endear her even more to future Con crowds: The 18-year-old actress is voicing the role of Supergirl in an upcoming animated project based on a popular DC Comics storyline. "I'm so excited to be a part of the DC family, not to mention helping Superman fight crime," Quinn told TV Guide Magazine. "Yes, I am a supergirl!"

The as-yet-untitled project, the latest in a successful series of DVD movies from Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, adapts a 2008 story by Geoff Johns featuring Superman's nemesis Brainiac and the bottle city of Kandor, which survived the destruction of Krypton, Superman's home planet.

Quinn was at Comic-Con to support costar Nathan Fillion, who appeared on Firefly's 10th anniversary panel (not to mention TV Guide Magazine's Fan Favorites event). "I'm thrilled about our 'Super' project," she said of the movie, which will be released in 2013. "And that my character happens to be named Supergirl? Well, that's just a bonus."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Molly-Quinn-Supergirl-1050007.aspx?rss=news&partnerid=spi&profileid=05

Wow I'm totally psyched about this.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! :D

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time Brainiac got in on the action. I hope they don't mess up the animation.

#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

They never do. Its Warner Brothers animation.

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah....But look of how goofy The Elite animation was...

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

For the crap people give The Elite, the story was really good. It's seriously way too underrated.

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@SandMan_ said:

For the crap people give The Elite, the story was really good. It's seriously way too underrated.

yes it was still awesome.
#8 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE Molly Quinn, so if this wasn't a must see already then it would be now. :)

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they would animate Clark to look more like Henry. Have you guys seen this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NeRHxo64R2U/T_wI1OTIiQI/AAAAAAAAQaw/X_9ChnDy8qk/s1600/smvls11_cv6_02.jpg

#10 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope the animation looks like Gary Franks art work!!!!

#11 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the comic, I will probably love the movie as well, but I am still waiting on a Flash movie.

#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't we already have a movie called Superman: Brainiac?

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Yes, but this one is based on John's run.
#14 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Didn't we already have a movie called Superman: Brainiac?

Brainiac Attacks, yes, though it was based in the DC Animated Universe.

#15 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@SandMan_ said:

The only thing that bugged me was the art style, otherwise everything else was good.

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

It was the lowest selling DCAM.

#17 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than Superman's chin, the animation in Superman vs. the Elite was fine.

Also, Brainiac Attacks is not based on the DCAU, it simply uses their art style and some of the voice actors. Bruce Timm and the DCAU people were not involved at all.

#18 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a fan of the art style in Superman vs Elites either. I liked most of the animation in Justice League: Doom, too bad the movie wasn't all that great.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the movie to be good.

#20 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

My worst fears come to life. DC won't you animate someone else for the sake of the species? Superman is my favorite her, but even I get tired of watching movie after movie starring the same two guys. Oh well, I'm still gonna cop a copy when it comes out.

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:Why must we waait for the awesome :'(

#22 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like the animated films to come out in the UK again the last 2 and All-Star Superman didnt

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: bcos its awesome. LOL.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

Other than Superman's chin, the animation in Superman vs. the Elite was fine.

Also, Brainiac Attacks is not based on the DCAU, it simply uses their art style and some of the voice actors. Bruce Timm and the DCAU people were not involved at all.

Yeah thats true.

They only started to get their act right when they formed warner premier and the first DTV was the Superman Doomsday one.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (18485 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooh great news! Another one of my favourite Superman stories is being adapted into animation. Warner Bros ought to do this story justice as well!

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant news, excellent story arc and a great choice for an animated film. Definitely looking forward to this.

#27 Posted by CrimsonCake (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good along with the dark knight returns.

#28 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: The'll be making Flashpoint soon.

#29 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Yes! :D
#30 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: They are making a flash movie and they tried that with green lantern and Wonder Woman. Green lantern sales were bad and Wonder Woman sales were slow, if people bought wonder woman faster then batgirl year one would have came out and probably a sequel.

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14525 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh,Brainiac is one of the blandest villains ever,mind you not bad but he just bores me to tears.

Power set BLAND

Personality BLAND

Visual BLAND(or atleast that holds true for the Johns version).

Honestly the only reason he's so well liked is cause Superman fans want to see Kal finally punch an intergalactic threat.

#32 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Makes sense. Still... =(

#33 Posted by Squalleon (4198 posts) - - Show Bio
Art by Francis Manapul.

@entropy_aegis said:

Visual BLAND(or atleast that holds true for the Johns version).

0_o We won't agree in anything

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (14525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: I stand by what I said,he looks like any other alien.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.