Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

New 52 Superman is most probably gonna die

• 60 results
    Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Calling it now, New 52 Superman is gonna die and New 52 Lois along with him and the ACTUAL Lois and Clark are gonna take their place. Why would I say that? Let's look at the facts.

1: New 52 Clark's identity is public and he's no longer ANYWHERE near as powerful as he once was and even after Truth? That's gonna be the case. With his breed of enemies it's only a matter of time before he shuffles off the mortal coil.

2: BECAUSE he clearly isn't as powerful anymore and people SEE him die? They will accept it this time as him being dead as it's been stated he's "died" before.

3: This allows for one Clark Kent to slip into the world easily enough along with Lois. How so? Pre-Flashpoint Clark is a LOT smarter than New 52 Clark and? Could easily set up a foolproof identity for himself and his family. Hell with people knowing he's Clark Kent? He could claim "Superman" asked for his identity to use and he let his family live in peace as far as that goes.

4: With New 52 Superman clearly dead? This allows the actual Superman to slip in as Superman as well. How so? I doubt anyone would mistake a man in his mid to late 30's dressed in a skin tight super suit with bright red trunks on the outside of it for a guy in his mid to late 20's dressed in battle armor?.

I honestly think this entire Lois and Clark series is DC doing an experiment to see what sells better. THIS Superman or the New 52 Superman and which people would actually want, after all sales are what get DC's attention.

And if this is a success? I wouldn't be surprised to see OTHER New Earth refugees coming in.... And their less interesting New 52 selves biting the big one in some way or in some cases? Retconned into being the Pre-Flashpoint versions and just had amnesia.

Keep in mind at one point they stated New 52 Barry was in fact the ORIGINAL Barry Allen. Only reason he doesn't seem like it being his inexperience in using time travel to change things leaving him with no memories of the original.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While I would very much like this too be true, I just do not see it happening. Unless DC felt the NEW 52 Superman was a broken boat with no chance of repair they would not kill him. They spend a long time developing him and to kill him only to reintroduce Pre 52 into his role and have to clear it all up across the verse just seems like a lot of effort.

DC will continue to use and abuse NEW 52. Hopefully Pre 52 Superman can avoid that in this Lois and Clark series and actually be a Superman book worth reading. Time will tell. (Dreading the idea of a Pre vs. New 52 Superman fight even if that really would not work right now.)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SanoHibiki

Not sure if you're actually serious...

Pre-Flashpoint Clark is a LOT smarter than New 52 Clark

Really debatable. They both have history of been incredibly smart and then suddenly going incredibly stupid.

a man in his mid to late 30's dressed in a skin tight super suit with bright red trunks on the outside of it for a guy in his mid to late 20's dressed in battle armor

Pre-Flashpoint Superman gonna wear silver-black capeless costume, at least for some time.

Following the epic events of CONVERGENCE, here are the adventures of the last sons and daughter of the Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own. But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can this Superman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois’s discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? What will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents? Make way for the original power couple, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do them part!

With teaser like that makes me wonder if that will be Pre-New-52 Superman who will inspire his younger counterpart and then die heroic death (imo likely though that they both will remain on the same Earth or Pre-Flashpoint Superman will be transported to another part of Multiverse).

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CurrentThor2015

Probably will happen.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NA I don't see them killing N52 Supes any time soon.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not I love both of them.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd rather see PCSM teach N52SM how to be a leader and what it means to be Superman

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've actually has similar thoughts along those lines with a few differences. Though I didn't voice it because it was just far out speculation.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude:

I'll give you credit for one thing. You know how to get attention. Great title for your thread!

That being said... I only got this to say.

If DC pulls that move, I'll drop DC Comics forever.

It's already a dick move to do what they're trying to do. See which version is gonna win in the sales, when we have a Superman that's not even Superman. Less alone use it to make such a move, like the rest of the world would not note the difference between one and the other. When one is clearly older than the other. No makeup disguises that.

And you can quote me on this, if it ever arrives to the point where what you said actually comes true.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that they will merge the two Supermen and Loises together. The result will be a Superman whose secret ID is still there, in between their ages with Lois and Clark married.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really debatable. They both have history of been incredibly smart and then suddenly going incredibly stupid.

Post-Crisis has more feats in that regards due to being around longer. This isn't even remotely debatable.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Unlikely

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem isn't n52 Superman it's sh*tty writers. If they decide to kill off n52 Supes because they can't write him well, it's only a matter of time before their writing ruins post-crisis and we're facing another crisis/flashpoint. So, yeah, with that being said, if DC does pull this move, i'll just drop their comics altogether :/

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'm interested to see how old school supes interacts with new school supes. But if they kill off Post-Flashpoint supes, that's really gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth. Why kill off a character when you can simply make them better with good writing?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My worst fear is somewhere down the line they will kill of both Pre 52 Clark and Lois and give their son to someone else to give that character some parenting angst while make their son rebellious and powerful. Urgh God that sounds so cliche.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My worst fear is somewhere down the line they will kill of both Pre 52 Clark and Lois and give their son to someone else to give that character some parenting angst while make their son rebellious and powerful. Urgh God that sounds so cliche.

Like what happened to Kal-l :(

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

The problem isn't n52 Superman it's sh*tty writers. If they decide to kill off n52 Supes because they can't write him well, it's only a matter of time before their writing ruins post-crisis and we're facing another crisis/flashpoint. So, yeah, with that being said, if DC does pull this move, i'll just drop their comics altogether :/

I'll most likely do this as well. It's sad cus I did enjoy some of the aspects of Truth and thought it was taking some risks which a franchise needs after 75 years (the implication that Superman's ID was gonna be outed for a long time and not temporarily). But this event has really meandered. Action COmics had an interesting start but then took a turn thereby dropping the topical plot point it had, Superman went from okay to bad, Batman/Superman has been bad this entire arc and SM/WW .... eh. I honestly think either Pak stops doing events or he moves on from Superman, which hurts me to say cus he's the only writer aside from Morrison who wrote him with this youthful, down to Earth vibe but also made him feel real. No other New 52 writers or even those few stories I read from Pre 52 have had that spark for me.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

Like what happened to Kal-l :(

The fact you can list a previous example of such a thing makes me even more worried. I really do not need to see Pre 52 Clark and Lois die, just so some other character can have an arc or two profiting from their deaths just so the son can die or be forgotten about.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude:

WTF is going on in comics? Geezus Kryst...

I still need to buy Superman #44

And now there's another Superman series coming out? And apparently people are gonna die? WHAT??? WHERE AM I???

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

As limited affection that I have towards New 52 Superman, I don't think killing him off will solve DC's problem of how to treat Superman right. Nor would putting the Pre Flashpoint Superman into the spotlight despite how much I like this version of Superman. The Pre Flashpoint Superman worked best in the Pre Flashpoint universe where he was beloved and trusted by New Earth's population and respected and admired amongst the superhero community for what he stands for and what he's done. Essentially, Pre Flashpoint Superman works best when in the Pre Flashpoint universe. Although Lois and Clark will be enjoyable for Pre New 52 Superman fans, it is still cut off from the world Superman once inhabited and the dynamics between the New 52 characters won't work nearly as well should New 52 Superman be killed off and Pre Flashpoint Superman steps up.

The OP might be right in DC attempting a sales experiment to see whether a Pre New 52 Superman comic can outsell the New 52 Superman comics. Evidently it will do so initially but whether Lois and Clark can consistently stay ahead remains to be seen. It would surely be embarrassing if the Pre New 52 series outsold all the New 52 Superman comics for the forseeable future. But if anything, I'm beginning to think that Lois and Clark might be introduced partially to rectify the plot hole that Truth has set itself without a mind wipe from Martian Manhunter. Pre New 52 Clark might impersonate Superman so that New 52 Clark has an actual alibi as to regain his secret identity since the previous Clark looks the same and might be biologically the same as New 52 Clark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As much as I hate this stupid truth story line I do not want it to lead to Supes' death. It wouldn't serve anything and in all honesty if they only continue with the Convergence Superman title, I'd probably have to drop DC all together. But if they want to fix it, they can't go down the route of one more day or something like that shtick. Something involving MM or Pre 52 Supes will help enormously. Honestly I just want my Superman back, fully powered and ready to help. This Truth thing has been one giant excuse for writers to be lazy and it's getting old.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@lvenger said:

The OP might be right in DC attempting a sales experiment to see whether a Pre New 52 Superman comic can outsell the New 52 Superman comics. Evidently it will do so initially but whether Lois and Clark can consistently stay ahead remains to be seen. It would surely be embarrassing if the Pre New 52 series outsold all the New 52 Superman comics for the forseeable future. But if anything, I'm beginning to think that Lois and Clark might be introduced partially to rectify the plot hole that Truth has set itself without a mind wipe from Martian Manhunter. Pre New 52 Clark might impersonate Superman so that New 52 Clark has an actual alibi as to regain his secret identity since the previous Clark looks the same and might be biologically the same as New 52 Clark.

I'm just saying that that's how I see this eventually going. Could be wrong, but my gut makes me think I may be right. I heard a rumor of an alternate ending for Infinite Crisis was to have Earth-Two Superman AKA Kal-L actually been about the same age as New Earth Superman, physically at least, revealing he had been using hair dye and specialized make up to appear older than he actually was to keep up his Clark Kent identity and of course make it easier for Lois with him not aging at the same rate.

The actual fallout of this replacement, such as where that would leave the younger New Earth Lois, and so on was deemed too confusing... BUT I think something similar since the only difference is here there is a lot less to actually worry about in terms of what the potential fallout could be.

Also I still say an amnesiac to the previous timeline Barry Allen is ALSO still a possibility and they could even TIE IN all of this to Barry being the source of Pre-Flashpoint/New Earth Clark and Lois being here. How? While Prime-Earth is now the center of the universe the Barry we've been seeing is not native to it in the slightest and merely folded over INTO this new Barry's life VIA the Speed Force. And because of this OTHER potential New Earth survivors could have done the same thing due to a bleed effect.

Why do I bring up Barry Allen? Morrison's next Multiversity is called "The Multiversity Too: The Flash" so something tells me that could be closer to being the case than anything else for HOW these two are here.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Odds are one of them is either going to turn evil or become misguided because those are 2 of the only 5 stories that the apparently imagination free editorial staff will let them do with Superman anymore.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By STELIOS23

Well that will be a cop out and essential solve nothing in the long run, the state of superman comics has everything to do with the writers and editors right now. So until better more imaginative stories are told Pre-Flashpoint supes won't help Jack, as for the Lois bits,hopefully never again.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new 52 superman is not going to die any time soon. He is young but still pretty powerful .

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Not gonna happen. Many reasons why not.

And personally, I don't want to either.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I highly doubt it.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toptom

Not sure if you're actually serious...

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the movie suits for the comics

as for the topic...even the old stories can be better than the new ones... everything in comics is about the stories... if you like earth 2 then buy earth 2... if you like new 52 then buy that...if you like birds of prey then buy that or if you only like batgirl then that.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

I'll most likely do this as well. It's sad cus I did enjoy some of the aspects of Truth and thought it was taking some risks which a franchise needs after 75 years (the implication that Superman's ID was gonna be outed for a long time and not temporarily). But this event has really meandered. Action COmics had an interesting start but then took a turn thereby dropping the topical plot point it had, Superman went from okay to bad, Batman/Superman has been bad this entire arc and SM/WW .... eh. I honestly think either Pak stops doing events or he moves on from Superman, which hurts me to say cus he's the only writer aside from Morrison who wrote him with this youthful, down to Earth vibe but also made him feel real. No other New 52 writers or even those few stories I read from Pre 52 have had that spark for me.

All these. If they kill off New-52 Supes and replace him with PFP Supes, I'm calling it quits with DC on the comic side of things, through-and-through.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be a cop-out of epic proportions.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@buttersdaman000 said:

I can't believe I am saying this, but it is not Pak's fault that Superman is event plagued. Its the direction the editorial has taken since the early 00s.

If you want Superman to become better, that's who should leave first.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @buttersdaman000 said:

I can't believe I am saying this, but it is not Pak's fault that Superman is event plagued. Its the direction the editorial has taken since the early 00s.

If you want Superman to become better, that's who should leave first.

Yup. Eddie Berganza needs to go. Move Pak and Kuder to main title if that's the best talent they can find. Make Action Comics a title where rotating creative teams tell short arcs, one shots and get rid of other 2 titles.

Avatar image for youngman_logan96
    youngman_logan96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will he get his powers back ?

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I think DC learned it's lesson.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he will be killed off. I just think that there will be a hell of a ride involved before the story arc as it is wraps up. I just hope Superman doesn't have to do the "deal with the devil" like Spider-Man did in One More Day with Mephisto as a conclusion. I just hope that maybe Superman wakes up from a dream or the source of what is going on is some kind of reality manipulation that he needs to defeat and overcome.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the sales of Lois and Clark book come in then we shall talk. Until them let me say DC making a huge mistake dragging in this old Superman who sits on his butt for 10 years while the young one struggles to do what is best and there have been many many casualities maybe he could have helped stopped with all the events we have had so far.

He is far from the best Superman. Go back to old canon and see the crap happens because of him from World of New Krypton to Identity Crisis to Sancrifice to Infinite Crisis to Grounded. That Superman was rebooted for a reason and DC is being ridiculous to try to send a message that they want to undermine or do away with the rebooted one for him.

You want to give clois fans or old fans nostalgia...give them a digital title based on that Lois and Clark or place them on another earth. Why the hell are we suddenly having 2 Supermen? There is a multiverse now. But nope. The guy did nothing for this earth and you have writer like Jurgens daring to come and undermine all the new 52 Superman has been though? That is BS.

And undoing his memory or making a deal with devil so he can have a secret ID is just stupid. It undermines all he's been through. Having an outed Superman could actually really be interesting. He can still have a job and still have humanity's trust...but nope writers seem blinkered and refuse to evolve the character. Old stale troupes abound that was the reason the character's sales fell in the last 10 years. They say they committed to DCYou, then be comitted to building your young social crusading Superman and don't back pedal on him. I predict they will be in a worse place than before because they dragging in elements from Convergence an event that was badly received as seen by feedback from retailers. Notalgia is what it is. You can say your good bye and let it rest and focus on the future.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DieHard200904

@johnqestion said:

When the sales of Lois and Clark book come in then we shall talk. Until them let me say DC making a huge mistake dragging in this old Superman who sits on his butt for 10 years while the young one struggles to do what is best and there have been many many casualities maybe he could have helped stopped with all the events we have had so far.

He is far from the best Superman. Go back to old canon and see the crap happens because of him from World of New Krypton to Identity Crisis to Sancrifice to Infinite Crisis to Grounded. That Superman was rebooted for a reason and DC is being ridiculous to try to send a message that they want to undermine or do away with the rebooted one for him.

You want to give clois fans or old fans nostalgia...give them a digital title based on that Lois and Clark or place them on another earth. Why the hell are we suddenly having 2 Supermen? There is a multiverse now. But nope. The guy did nothing for this earth and you have writer like Jurgens daring to come and undermine all the new 52 Superman has been though? That is BS.

And undoing his memory or making a deal with devil so he can have a secret ID is just stupid. It undermines all he's been through. Having an outed Superman could actually really be interesting. He can still have a job and still have humanity's trust...but nope writers seem blinkered and refuse to evolve the character. Old stale troupes abound that was the reason the character's sales fell in the last 10 years. They say they committed to DCYou, then be comitted to building your young social crusading Superman and don't back pedal on him. I predict they will be in a worse place than before because they dragging in elements from Convergence an event that was badly received as seen by feedback from retailers. Notalgia is what it is. You can say your good bye and let it rest and focus on the future.

I don't mind him playing a game with Mr. Mxyzptlk, because even that would be better than what happened with Spider-Man in One More Day. However, there's a problem when people don't view you as an ordinary guy, they simply talk and say things to you differently, and honestly, asking Wonder Woman to lasso people all the time is rediculous, because that's forced truth right there, that's tyrannical. And without the secret identity, that's the exceptional reaction that people see you as a peer, and not the rule. Even if he does get his ID back, I want him to remember the entire experience and remember how much it all mattered to him, remember how much it all hurt. I want it to run for him with no secret ID for a while to get the point across. IIRC, I was was one who sat through with Superman as a lightning bolt Superman Blue, being married, seeing him run out of stories with Lois Lane as his wife, etc. IMHO, this is something that would be monumental to the character's development, yet at the same time, not just another Death of Superman, he would suffer and make a comeback, but not in the same manner as he did over 20 years ago.

I can kind of understand the old Superman being undercover though, he has a son. He doesn't know how vulnerable his son is, and he and Lois want to raise the child and handle being a family for a while. Doesn't really work when you have targets painted on you and your child and your wife too well, does it? But they had no other choice back in Convergence as to which universe they could go to travel, at least theirs was gone, so they're stuck here in the Main Universe.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngman_logan96: Eventually yes, but I believe that they will go with the low powers and no SID for at least through the end of this year.

ianrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op didn't even give good reasons for his horrible prediction.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ianrogers: No he didn't Mr. Mxyzptlk, or even pre flashpoint Superman impersonates the new 52 Superman as a way of making it that Clark is not Superman. We don't need another Death of Superman, but at least make him suffer from loss of identity and/or powers.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not gonna happen. If the pre flashpoint Superman takes over in the new Universe, Any story that has to do with Krypton or Superman's family and past would have no gravitas as it would be a totally different person. Also the whole supporting cast like Jimmy and Lana would be rendered moot.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't see it happening, honestly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm just saying that that's how I see this eventually going. Could be wrong, but my gut makes me think I may be right. I heard a rumor of an alternate ending for Infinite Crisis was to have Earth-Two Superman AKA Kal-L actually been about the same age as New Earth Superman, physically at least, revealing he had been using hair dye and specialized make up to appear older than he actually was to keep up his Clark Kent identity and of course make it easier for Lois with him not aging at the same rate.

The actual fallout of this replacement, such as where that would leave the younger New Earth Lois, and so on was deemed too confusing... BUT I think something similar since the only difference is here there is a lot less to actually worry about in terms of what the potential fallout could be.

Also I still say an amnesiac to the previous timeline Barry Allen is ALSO still a possibility and they could even TIE IN all of this to Barry being the source of Pre-Flashpoint/New Earth Clark and Lois being here. How? While Prime-Earth is now the center of the universe the Barry we've been seeing is not native to it in the slightest and merely folded over INTO this new Barry's life VIA the Speed Force. And because of this OTHER potential New Earth survivors could have done the same thing due to a bleed effect.

Why do I bring up Barry Allen? Morrison's next Multiversity is called "The Multiversity Too: The Flash" so something tells me that could be closer to being the case than anything else for HOW these two are here.

Your rumour is correct as I have heard the same one. COIE's alternate ending had the Earth 1 Superman sacrifice himself to defeat the Anti Monitor and the Earth 2 Superman stepped in to replace him. He removed the white part of his hair dye and revealed that he indeed hadn't aged physically more than the younger alternate Superman had so he could have replaced the other Superman without the public knowing. A neat ending but it would have created plenty of problems come to think of it in the way that this replacement of Superman and Lois would not.

I agree there is less potential fallout in the story at least to Pre New 52 Clark and Lois replacing New 52 Clark and Lois but the real life fallout would be immense and potentially devastating. Especially on forum boards like these. I know fans who dislike the New 52 Superman wouldn't approve of it and there are some New 52 Superman fans who would swear off DC for doing what you theorise if they did do it. Jurgens' comment on Lois and Clark being a 12 issue series makes it unlikely though.

As of what I saw in Lois and Clark #1, sadly your interesting and surprisingly novel idea doesn't seem to work. Jurgens has mentioned in interviews that he's had ideas about what to do with Barry and Supergirl and how to use them in his stories. Nothing concrete yet but you might get your chance to see an older version of Barry Allen again.

Cool I hadn't heard Morrison's next Multiversity story was called The Flash though I'm not sure if Morrison will connect Multiversity to what happened in Convergence. Still, Morrison's someone who knows how to work with the concept of the Flash in thought provoking and mind boggling ways.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent: The way that I see it is that there is going to be another multiversal crossover where things get changed up again, or where Pre-Flashpoint Superman finds his home Universe, or some other crazy idea like that.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude:

So it seems that luck, fate or whatever is shinning your way.

After seeing January cover of Action Comics, it seems that Superman cure for his powers will be the same thing that threatened to kill him so many times.

Kryptonite!

Take a look...

No Caption Provided

I would find it ironic if the cure for his power drain, would be the same thing that he feared for so long.

And it kinda makes senses in a way. We know that in the past there were ocasions when Superman had to use kryptonite to ride himself of some alien virus or something that his body could not shake off because it fed on his own powers. And because kryptonite basically causes a biological malfunction of how his body processes the solar energy it absorbs, it could may well be the key to fixing his powers.

Now all we gotta do is wait.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

As limited affection that I have towards New 52 Superman, I don't think killing him off will solve DC's problem of how to treat Superman right. Nor would putting the Pre Flashpoint Superman into the spotlight despite how much I like this version of Superman. The Pre Flashpoint Superman worked best in the Pre Flashpoint universe where he was beloved and trusted by New Earth's population and respected and admired amongst the superhero community for what he stands for and what he's done. Essentially, Pre Flashpoint Superman works best when in the Pre Flashpoint universe. Although Lois and Clark will be enjoyable for Pre New 52 Superman fans, it is still cut off from the world Superman once inhabited and the dynamics between the New 52 characters won't work nearly as well should New 52 Superman be killed off and Pre Flashpoint Superman steps up.

I am still saying a merger between Pre and Post Flashpoint Supermen and Loises. The Secret ID gets restored. Clark and Lois are at the beginning of their marriage . Clark's personality will be somewhere in the middle of the two Supermen. And Johnathan Kent becomes the new Hyperman.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw pre 52 supes and Lois are going to die and there son will be the new Superboy prime trolololol

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DieHard200904

@heavenlydarkdragon: Yep, wait it is, although I have kind of grown fond of Superman meeting Mxyzptlk though, to reset a whole lot.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.