Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

New 52 Superman: Bring back Maxima

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RelloMan

If you already heard about some kind of inevitable storyline that plans to introduce (or already did introduce) Maxima, stop reading now, and just let me know in a reply. If not, please continue :)

What do you all think about the idea of bringing back Maxima? I always liked the character, she had (at least in the beginning) an interesting character arch.

She starts off as a villain, wants to bang Superman, gets rejected, gets pissed, turns good at some point (IDK when).

Not only would bringing back the character make ME happy, but they even have a perfect setup that they didn't have when they originally introduced her. Superman's dating Wonder Woman.

At the time they introduced her (if I'm not mistaken) Superman only had a crush on Lois, so when he denied her advances, it didn't have any other connotation other than "she's bad, Superman's good, so of course he wouldn't date her PLUS he's suppose to love Lois"... In other words, they were just following his established persona in a very bland and boring way (I mean, why wouldn't he at least get his dick wet, know what I'm sayin)

Now Superman is actually in a relationship, AND he's dating someone almost as powerful as he is. Not only does it set up a nice triangle love story-storyline between the 3, but we're also looking at a potentially EPIC battle between Maxima and Wonder Woman to conclude the story.

It doesn't have to be a big event. I just want that beloved character returned in the more contemporary storyline that is New 52 Superman

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She was epic in STAS, she had crazy eyes even in such a kiddy animation style.

I know Supes and Diana are going to call it quits, but I so don't want him back with Lois. Superman needs a dynamic cast and Lois, Perry and Jimmy just don't cut it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

Eh I never felt Maxima and Superman would work in a couple personally. Just like his current relationship with Wonder Woman, Maxima would only serve to alienate Superman from humanity which is why a Superman romance works better with a human love interest. Having said that, Maxima should be back in the New 52 as part of his supporting cast. Maybe this new Superman Doomed event will introduce Maxima to the New 52 again.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

I've only ever heard ONE decent argument for why Maxima as a character even needs to exist, and that was more as how Clark reflects against her than anything about her by herself. Most of the time she's just painfully embarrassing to read when you realize her sole goal in life, literally the only thing she wants out of life, is to have Superbabies.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Too busy concerned with the aesthetics, not the potential of a personality. Just like how some Batman fans can't understand that not being born on Earth doesn't mean Superman isn't human, you can't seem to understand that a human relationship can be had by two non-human characters.

Humanity is much more than biology, it's ideology.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: Characters evolve, Batman fan. You should check out Silverage Lois Lane and Lana.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like how some Batman fans can't understand that not being born on Earth doesn't mean Superman isn't human,

@saren: Characters evolve, Batman fan.

Curiosity: what was it like when Batman stole your prom date?

I can only assume there's an understandable reason between this silly fit of internet teeth-gritting.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@saren said:
    @superguy1591 said:

Just like how some Batman fans can't understand that not being born on Earth doesn't mean Superman isn't human,

@superguy1591 said:

I can only assume there's an understandable reason between this silly fit of internet teeth-gritting.

Loading Video...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: He stole my lunch money, too. Anyway, no beef with Batman, but it is his fans that can't conceptualize Superman's humanity.

It's always "Batman is cool because he's the most human, Superman wasn't even born on this planet."Batman fans paint Superman as the "other", it's true.

Like I said though, don't hate Batman, if I ran DC I would just choose to not have them interact a lot. =)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: He stole my lunch money, too. Anyway, no beef with Batman, but it is his fans that can't conceptualize Superman's humanity.

It's always "Batman is cool because he's the most human, Superman wasn't even born on this planet."Batman fans paint Superman as the "other", it's true.

Like I said though, don't hate Batman, if I ran DC I would just choose to not have them interact a lot. =)

No one even mentioned Batman before you decided to blurt his name out for whatever reason. If not hate, you have an odd obsession with him, and I'm not really sure which is better. What does this topic even have to do with Batman? Are you all right? Do you need to sit down?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Cause I remember you from the Batman boards. =D

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12 frozen  Moderator

Isn't Maxima known as 'the alien whore'?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Cause I remember you from the Batman boards. =D

I see. So you're just a little bit insane? Not altogether there when it comes to Batman, even if Batman's not the subject of discussion? I say this because I'm trying my level best to understand what about Batman would seemingly drive someone so completely off the deep end. It just doesn't seem right.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I don't know how you mixed her up. She looks nothing like Starfire.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saren: Batman hate? It's common on this sub-forum.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@saren said:
    @superguy1591 said:

@superguy1591 said:

Loading Video...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

@frozen said:

I don't know how you mixed her up. She looks nothing like Starfire.

Mmmh, I forgot about Starfire...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

I was never really that interested in Maxima and I wouldn't want her to get involved in the "romance" between Superman and Wondy.The whole relationship thing is already bad enough to get even more complicated,ricilous and bad.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Again, I didn't even hate on Batman. I just remembered we had a discussion in the Batman boards so I called you a Batman fanboy. Reread everything I wrote.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frozen  Moderator

@superguy1591: You called him a Batman fanboy because you had a discussion with on the Batman forum?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: So can you help yourself with your constant bashing of my opinion and posts or is this just an inferiority complex thing?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Superguy1591

@frozen: We gots into a heated debate, he knows what I'm saying.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I wasn't bashing, I was debating. You can say why I'm wrong, or am I only allowed to agree with you, Lvenger.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@superguy1591 said:

@frozen: We gots into a heated debate, he knows what I'm saying.

Heated because of his statement on Maxima? For what it's worth; it's true. Her main objective does put her as as an alien-whore.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Nope, Batman and Luthor and the hypocrisy.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I do agree that two nonhumans can have a human relationship. I don't really see how having him date a nonhuman separates him from humanity. That's tantamount to saying making him too powerful makes him unrelatable.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Oh I'm fine with people disagreeing with me. What you've said to me in the past though kinda crosses the line of what counts as 'disagreement.'

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren

@saren: Again, I didn't even hate on Batman. I just remembered we had a discussion in the Batman boards so I called you a Batman fanboy. Reread everything I wrote.

What discussion? You kept babbling the same thing over and over again, I kept pointing that out to you, and you came back with more babbling with the addition of some attempts to refute arguments I never even made. It was a mindless, meandering mess that I have just elevated through alliteration. I don't think there has ever been a point in human civilization where that would qualify as a discussion. Not even in caveman times where the only words available were "ooga" and "booga", if I am correctly informed.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: Sure? Anyway, I didn't hate on Batman, so let's not go around claiming I'm a Batman hater solely because I don't worship him like everyone else does.

Now Spider-Man, Spider-Man I hate... Wolverine too. Not afraid to say when I hate a popular character.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SanoHibiki

Considering that Clark now in an actual relationship, I fully expect even more flat “no” about making little Kryptonian-Almerac hybrids, but anyway…

There always was something so fun and amusing about this obnoxious, bland red-head powerhouse. Through I would like (if DC decide to return Maxima in New-52) to see her with more character depth

P.S. I never bought in idea that Superman apparently needs to date a human to maintain his humanity. Meh…

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@superguy1591 said:

@saren: Sure? Anyway, I didn't hate on Batman, so let's not go around claiming I'm a Batman hater solely because I don't worship him like everyone else does.

Funny; I never called you anything of the sort. You just did your darnedest to try and make people believe you hate Batman by randomly calling them Batman fanboys in a discussion that A) had nothing to do with Batman and B) featured no mention of Batman by the people you were calling Batman fanboys. If people call you a Batman hater, it is largely because of your irrational ramblings on the subject more so than anyone holding your preferences against you.

Now Spider-Man, Spider-Man I hate... Wolverine too. Not afraid to say when I hate a popular character.

Bucking the trend! That takes guts. That takes integrity. That takes backbone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren:

1.) You asked if Batman stole my prom date because of my "silly internet teeth-gritting". Maybe I'm not reading it right, but in layman's, it sounds like "quit hating".

2.) I used an ANALOGY that all Superman fans can easily relate to because at one point in time they've dealt with a Batman fan telling them that. I also used the word SOME to make it clear I meant--not all. If it doesn't apply to you, you had nothing to worry about.

3.) Not really, people call me a Batman hater for calling out Batman's hypocrisy as a character that's supposed to be a ordinary man who trained to become extraordinary, but he's surviving punches from the super-strong and outsmarting the super-smart.

4.) Once again, it's an analogy to prove that I'm not afraid to ruffle feathers by saying I'm not a fan of a popular character.

Put drums away, chief. We're not heading for way.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when Maxima was the only other person other than Superman (and I guess Bloodwynd for a little while) that gave Doomsday a beating during the Death of Superman Storyline? That's what really made me like her so much... Everyone else got demolished, but not her

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

1.) You asked if Batman stole my prom date because of my "silly internet teeth-gritting". Maybe I'm not reading it right, but in layman's, it sounds like "quit hating".

You're not reading it right. In layman's speak, it sounds like "grow up".

2.) I used an ANALOGY that all Superman fans can easily relate to because at one point in time they've dealt with a Batman fan telling them that. I also used the word SOME to make it clear I meant--not all. If it doesn't apply to you, you had nothing to worry about.

The real crime here is that the federal government doesn't recognize Superman fans as an oppressed minority, nor has it ordered Batman fans to pay reparations for these injustices.

Seriously: grow up. No one above the age of 12 should devote this much time to some fictional clash of ideologies between fans of fictional characters.

3.) Not really, people call me a Batman hater for calling out Batman's hypocrisy as a character that's supposed to be a ordinary man who trained to become extraordinary, but he's surviving punches from the super-strong and outsmarting the super-smart.

Hard knock life you've got there, yessiree.

4.) Once again, it's an analogy to prove that I'm not afraid to ruffle feathers by saying I'm not a fan of a popular character.

Can you prove you're not afraid of learning what an analogy is?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: What's amusing is that you accuse me of starting a fight, but you're the only one throwing all the punches.

I didn't bash Batman, most Batman fans or even you. I said some Batman fans are guilty of something. The same can be said for Superman fans who want Superman be all powerful, all fan bases have their extremes. It was a discussion between two Superman fans using an analogy (Saying Superman needs to be with a human being to be relatable is like some Batman fans saying Superman is not relatable because he wasn't born on Earth)--My expensive NYU degree put to good use. The me saying I hate Spider-Man and Wolverine is me comparing an open declaration to my Batman comment about hypocrisy BTW. If I hated him, I would say, but I don't.

It was one of the easiest ones I could use, sorry about not using Lord Batman's name in a favorable light. Someone else used one that was just as easy for Superman fans to relate to, but I chose this one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Congratulations, you put your NYU degree use on an Internet comic book forum. A clear example of money well spent. And way to take my example out of context, I said specifically that Superman being with a non human love interest alienates him, not that Superman needs a human love interest to become relatable. Frankly, your antagonism and outright rudeness doesn't make for the most pleasant posts on topics like this when you needlessly escalate them with your angry and childish ranting.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Lvenger, I didn't antagonize you, I simply disagreed with you and you drew inference from our prior engagement. I was told not to act acrimoniously towards you because it was against the ToA, I simply disagreed with you.

How does a non-human lover alienate him from humanity?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I really don't see how a non human romance alienates him from humanity. A nonblack romance doesn't alienate me from other black people lol

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All opinions wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.