Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

My thoughts on Man of Steel (Spoilers)

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The Good:

Okay, I just watched the movie an hour ago... Honestly, even I have to admit it is better than Iron Man 3. The characters development in the film is good, Zack did shows us how Clark made that though decision to kill Zod...that may be the explanation why Superman don't kills. Besides, they did shows us more about his home planet Krypton, and I like how their technology looks like some kind of nanotechnology stuff. Although some very baffling creatures like those Flying dragon. Especially the end action sequence, which is epic! and I LOVE how Zack make those "boom" sound when the Kryptonian punches. The visual is great, the plot is okay, the cast is near perfect, Henry Cavil kills as Superman ( I don't know all how you Supes die hard fans think, but he looks perfect for Superman). I had spotted at 5 easter eggs!:

1. Lexcorp truck when Clark returns home

2. Smallville banner on the water tank (don't know if that count)

3. Wayne Enterprise satellite damaged when Zod and Supes fought in space.

4. Lexcorp tower when the satellite pieces fall back to Earth.

5. Lexcorp truck destroyed when Zod kicked Supes.

The Bad:

The movie structure is a little weird, keep shows us the flashbacks, I think it's cool, very interesting way to tell a back story without making it boring. But I don't think those non-Superman fans would understand (for instance, my mom couldn't understand, so I have to explain to her every 5 mins!). Beyond that, everything seems perfect for me (except they don't have end credit scene, which I hope they at least show us that Batman or Lex is watching over the news or something like that to led up to the sequel).

Conclusion:

I don't know how you guys think, I'm a Marvel fan, die hard Iron Man fan....but I'm totally surprised after watching this film. Maybe because I have low expectation over this than Iron Man 3, but I have to agree that Man of Steel is > Iron Man 3....I would give this movie a 8.5/10

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By buttersdaman000

You missed another major Easter egg - The soldier who said Superman was hot, her last name is Ferris

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You missed another major Easter egg - The soldier who said Superman was hot, her last name is Ferris

oh, I did missed it... thanks...

but isn't Ferris is the girlfriend of Green Lantern?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

oh, I did missed it... thanks...

but isn't Ferris is the girlfriend of Green Lantern?

Yeah, but still, that counts for something.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't she a pilot or something?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

@goddamnironman: Yes she is. Guess Hal is the Lantern that they're using for the DCCU.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how you guys think, I'm a Marvel fan, die hard Iron Man fan...

Die hard enough to say that Whiplash and the Living Laser were TOTALLY not boring villains before the film series came out and that Ironman was TOTALLY always like RDJ before the movies came out?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Isn't she a pilot or something?

Yes, she is. Her father also owns an aeronautics company called Ferris Aircraft.

Also, I don't think this is an Easter egg, since her name was spelled with an A.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@perezite said:

Die hard enough to say that Whiplash and the Living Laser were TOTALLY not boring villains before the film series came out and that Ironman was TOTALLY always like RDJ before the movies came out?

Iron Man 2's Whiplash is not like what he is in the comics, and RDJ's Tony Stark is not like the comics either (well, but he is more humorous, and less alcoholism, work on the big screen).

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

Iron Man 2's Whiplash is not like what he is in the comics

I know. Iron Man 2's Whiplash had a much greater potential to be a much more interesting and memorable villain than the one trick D, C, or B lister he ever was in the comics. However, since I don't think Iron Man 2 is on anyone's best super hero movies of all time list, I think we both know how that turned out.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Perezite

Also, are you a big enough Marvel fan to tell me where my avatar is from?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By batmannflash

@buttersdaman000: whoaa Ferris?? I did not catch that. if that is Carol, idk if I would like her to play Carol in a future green lantern movie...she seems kinda immature and unprofessional based on that one line

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Perezite

@buttersdaman000: whoaa Ferris?? I did not catch that. if that is Carol, idk if I would like her to play Carol in a future green lantern movie...she seems kinda immature and unprofessional based on that one line

Farris. Not Ferris.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have noticed there are a lot of people claiming to be huge Superman fans that are forgetting some fairly significant parts of the characters development in their opinion that the Superman in the movie did something to Zod that he would never do to anyone in the comics despite the fact that he has actually done it on a few occasions.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By UltimateSMfan

I have noticed there are a lot of people claiming to be huge Superman fans that are forgetting some fairly significant parts of the characters development in their opinion that the Superman in the movie did something to Zod that he would never do to anyone in the comics despite the fact that he has actually done it on a few occasions.

i think that'll help weed out the imposters.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_

Indeed. Hypocrisy?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: I already explained what happened to the first evil Kryptonians Superman ever met in the comics (He killed them with a box of kryptonite) but the so called fan ignored the fact and kept arguing his point.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@joshmightbe: been happenin alot lately,IGN's editor Joey i think wrote a really good article on that ending, you should give it a read. theres also a really good review by Marc Pritchard on the superman homepage dealing with similar topic that people arnt getting

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: I'll check it out, all this newby spotting has made me feel like a crotchety old man and I could use a break from it.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

You wouldnt believe all the people I had to correct on that matter lol

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: I'll check it out, all this newby spotting has made me feel like a crotchety old man and I could use a break from it.

You're not talking about me, are you?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I loved the movie.....I'm watching it again tonight with the girlfriend.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I've been arguing about this with about a dozen or so people since yesterday. The one that really got to me was a guy talking about 1987 as if you'd need an archaeologist to find out what went on then.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I've been arguing about this with about a dozen or so people since yesterday. The one that really got to me was a guy talking about 1987 as if you'd need an archaeologist to find out what went on then.

So...not me?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@perezite: Its not about anyone specifically, I would have called you out on it if so.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Hum, humh hum, you forget to talk about the Lex Luthor cameo!!!!

Loading Video...

You can se a bald guy with glasses in the movie watching the destruction

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the man of Steel plots are based on : Earth One, Birth Right and they also took some of the story and technology of the Kherubim with their "world engine" Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning wrote also the same thing on Majestic in his second solo adventure "Planet-Shaper" where Javen needed Majestros DNA as a template for it but in the end Majestros was not feat for it and he decided to use his majestic's daughter Savant. Exactly what Zod intended to do with Kal El

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

Also, are you a big enough Marvel fan to tell me where my avatar is from?

IIRC, that is Phil right? a journalist... lol, and why are you trying to test me?

well, obviously I am not Supes fan... all I know is Superman don't kill, so abit surprising to see Superman kills Zod in the movie

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Hum, humh hum, you forget to talk about the Lex Luthor cameo!!!!

Loading Video...

You can se a bald guy with glasses in the movie watching the destruction

Lex? I thought they havent cast him yet? when does he appears? I think it's some random bald guy, cuz it's must be awful less amount of screen time for us to identify him as Lex. I hope they put him in the end credit scene.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Superman has killed before, in fact he has killed Zod before, twice.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: There is no extra scene, also is obvious its a reference to him, also he gets a reference by the fact Clark saves the school bus like he saved Lex on Smallville, also that is a small cameo dont mean they will cast him as Lex, is just a small cameo, like Boba Fett who was in the lost scenes of the Episode 4, i mean Aquaman gets a reference by Plato, who talked about Atlantis.

Heck there is a reference to Chloe Sullivan in the movie and the founder of Smallville shop can bee seen, i dont think that was an accident.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.