Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

MoS The Batman: Begins of Supes?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In terms of quality, would you say Man of Steel is the Batman Begins of Supes?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@perezite: nah. Batman Begins is a masterpiece and MoS isn't...

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Perezite

@extremis said:

That's because Batman Begins is a more in-depth character study that really dives into the Psyche of Batman. Not to say that there isn't any glimpses of that in MoS, just that, a bit more time was spent in Batman Begins seeing Bruce's development from scared kid in alley to vigilante crime fighter and a bit more spent on gothic shadows and theatricality.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: well you just pointed out the problem yourself: MoS didn't have enough character development.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: well you just pointed out the problem yourself: MoS didn't have enough character development.

Nah...it just didn't focus on what made him tick as much.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: do you not understand that what makes a character 'tick' is all part of character development? It's just an excuse for poor characterization. BB is in a completely different class. I wouldn't even mention them together outside of this thread.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Perezite

@extremis said:

@perezite: do you not understand that what makes a character 'tick' is all part of character development? It's just an excuse for poor characterization. BB is in a completely different class. I wouldn't even mention them together outside of this thread.

Like you wouldn't mention Iron Man 2 in this thread?

Well, if you want, we could go through a detailed analysis of how their characters developed and compare and contrast notes.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: why are you bringing up Iron man 2? It's completely irrelevant. And no Im not going to compare 'notes' with you. I was just answering your question. It's obvious you'll defend your beloved MoS tooth and nail so why would I bother convincing you when you're so stubborn right out the gate?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: why are you bringing up Iron man 2? It's completely irrelevant. And no Im not going to compare 'notes' with you. I was just answering your question. It's obvious you'll defend your beloved MoS tooth and nail so why would I bother convincing you when you're so stubborn right out the gate?

I'm not denying Batman Begins is a good movie. All I'm getting at is that, you seem willing to defend it pretty tooth and nail and seem to be dismissing MoS because of that. If I did try and convince you of anything, it'd be that the two films are closer than you might think. Just that.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I don't see it that way though. I've told you the reasons why in my first post haha

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilben42

At first I didn't think MoS was even close to Batman Begins. But as I watch MoS again its closer than I think. They are both amazing starts to trilogies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Both are great in my opinion, and yes, Man of Steel serves the same role as BB does, though I like BB more.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It was the origin story of Superman, but otherwise, Batman Begins was totally different. Especially because Batman Begins had a great plot.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In terms of quality, no. In terms of them both being stepping stones for sequels that are leaps and bounds better than the first film, I hope so.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I personally believe Batman Begins was the best film out of the trilogy and a magnificent origin story.

In terms of comparing the two films, Begins is a better made film, although I prefer Man of Steel more.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched Man of Steel and I thought it was great. I usually hate Origin stories but this one was done well.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know they're tonally similar but Man of steel is definitely a sci-fi and alien invasion movie as opposed to man with a mission in BB and both big starting points to their respective franchises. they both kind of ended in a big way for origin movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

Ya, Batman Begins I felt had superior character development. I honestly felt MoS did a better origin story for Zod than Superman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.