MoS clears 589 million at the box office!

• 114 results
#101 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I'm confused. Could you shed some light on what you're talking about? Cause right now I'm making a derp face. Yeah, I'm that clueless.

So, you haven't been stalking me around these forums then?

#102 Posted by drgnx (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@perezite: I'm confused. Could you shed some light on what you're talking about? Cause right now I'm making a derp face. Yeah, I'm that clueless.

#103 Posted by ssejllenrad (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Not that I know off... I could place you in the short list if you like. Nyehehehehe!

#104 Posted by ssejllenrad (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars reviews destroy Jake Lloyd life, many of you have to remember he was Anakin Skywalker in Episode 1, many crittics decide tobe mean with him and blame him for all the movie mistakes, people blame Jake Lloyd all his Newsweek and other attack him, they attacked a kid and no one saw there was something wrong with that, they call him Mannequin Skywalker, this cause people blame him in his everyday life even when they should had blame Lucas for all this crap.

Haters detroy a life, he is very damn mad at this point and he is very damn violent about Star Wars, he used to love Star Wars, but thanks to the reviews, he got bullied with Mannequin Skywalker thing, people attack him because the reviewer said he was the guilty one.

Did he have any movies after Ep1? Come to think of it, I don't think even Hayden Christensen had a project after SW.

#105 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Star Wars reviews destroy Jake Lloyd life, many of you have to remember he was Anakin Skywalker in Episode 1, many crittics decide tobe mean with him and blame him for all the movie mistakes, people blame Jake Lloyd all his Newsweek and other attack him, they attacked a kid and no one saw there was something wrong with that, they call him Mannequin Skywalker, this cause people blame him in his everyday life even when they should had blame Lucas for all this crap.

Haters detroy a life, he is very damn mad at this point and he is very damn violent about Star Wars, he used to love Star Wars, but thanks to the reviews, he got bullied with Mannequin Skywalker thing, people attack him because the reviewer said he was the guilty one.

Did he have any movies after Ep1? Come to think of it, I don't think even Hayden Christensen had a project after SW.

Actually, he WAS in a movie. A heist movie.

#106 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: @ssejllenrad: He used to love Star Wars, George Lucas ruin Star Wars for him.

He said: 'Other children were really mean to me.

'They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad.'

'My entire school life was really a living hell — and I had to do up to 60 interviews a day.'

Lloyd felt so much anger towards the George Lucas directed film that he destroyed all of his Star Wars memorabilia, and only reprised his role as Anakin for five video games.

The youngster decided to take early retirement from acting as he was no longer able to fit in at school.

He said to a magazine: 'I've learned to hate it when the cameras are pointed at me.'

Jake, whose mother is an entertainment agent, admitted in an interview Scifitv.com that he doesn't like wacthing the film anymore and he blames George for that.

He said: 'When you have something like that there's a lot of expectations for it to meet the standards of the public and I don't think George did that.

'For me to go back and watch it now would be kind of creepy.'

#107 Posted by ssejllenrad (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: But why blame Lucas for his life being ruined. Lucas failed to bring a decent film. I don't think he's liable for the flaws of the immature society. Haters are to be blamed here IMO, not Lucas.

#108 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Becuase he put a kid in a position no kid should be put, not only that he never did anything to stop this.

#110 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Becuase he put a kid in a position no kid should be put, not only that he never did anything to stop this.

I'm sorry, but, WHERE were his parents during all of this? If you ask me, they should be brought into this blame game too.

#111 Edited by ssejllenrad (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

586 Million? That's a significant slow down from last week... I think it'll peak with 600 Million. So much for my 800 Million expectation...

#112 Posted by Bezza (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

I think anything less than the 750 million dollars that the Amazing Spider man took last year for a re-boot just 10 years after the first Spiderman film, must be viewed as a failure, tbh. Hopefully by the end of the summer it will push up towards the 800 million mark and we will get more Superman films!!

#113 Posted by Strongarm (5523 posts) - - Show Bio

Eat that batman begins

#114 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I'm sorry, but, WHERE were his parents during all of this? If you ask me, they should be brought into this blame game too.

Thats fair, but George was the directors and producer of the movie, they could stop the bullying in his personal life, but George did nothing to stop at the crittics, bloggers and reviewers that decide attack the kid.

As a producer and director he should try to do something, i mean if this immature posture of the crittic was stopped i am sure his personal life would had being so rough.

#115 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

586 Million? That's a significant slow down from last week... I think it'll peak with 600 Million. So much for my 800 Million expectation...

It took TDKR 2 and a half months to reach a billion, it took Skyfall 2 and a half months as well to reach a billion. And finally, it took the Hobbit over 3 and a half months to reach a Billion... Keep in mind that MOS had competition. WB should have released it in July.

#116 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

I think anything less than the 750 million dollars that the Amazing Spider man took last year for a re-boot just 10 years after the first Spiderman film, must be viewed as a failure, tbh. Hopefully by the end of the summer it will push up towards the 800 million mark and we will get more Superman films!!

Considering how recent and how popular the original Spider-Man trilogy WAS in comparison to the Amazing Spider-Man...not really...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.