MoS clears 589 million at the box office!

#51 Posted by Eternal19 (2161 posts) - - Show Bio

Now we can have the DC cinematic Universe begin

#52 Posted by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

@_black said:

Why are we fighting? =( This should be good news!

You know what?

I AGREE!!

#53 Posted by SuperEnd (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! that Means there would be a sequel!! ^^

#54 Edited by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

@superend said:

Yay! that Means there would be a sequel!! ^^

This first movie did amazing! I just hope they don't rush the sequel. I don't know why people are complaining that we don't see more of Clark/Lois! We're going to see them in the sequel,aren't we?!

I just hope they don't rush it (although I doubt they will) and perhaps we'll see Lex. I may be in the minority with this,but I don't think it would really do well to have someone as big as Braniac in the 2nd movie....probably in the 3rd.

#55 Edited by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why any DC fan would be mad about this since it opens the door for that Justice League movie people have been practically begging for. I promise you if this movie had tanked we may have never seen another non Batman DC movie for quite some time possibly decades if ever.

#56 Posted by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why any DC fan would be mad about this since it opens the door for that Justice League movie people have been practically begging for. I promise you if this movie had tanked we may have never seen another non Batman DC movie for quite some time possibly decades if ever.

yup

#57 Posted by CharlieJade (442 posts) - - Show Bio

its an ok movie but could have been much better, its box office is over now

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/6978/d2sd.jpg

http://gnnaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/World_War_Z_Poster_3_24_13.jpg

#58 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade: It was still number 1 world wide so MOS is still going pretty strong. And I personally consider number 1 in the entire world as a much bigger achievement than number 2 in the US. Superman >Zombies sorry

#59 Edited by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news for MOS...Keep it up

As for everything else in here

Reaction GIF: nope, Jensen Ackles, Dean Winchester, Supernatural
#60 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is my parade? I mean I singlehandedly saved that movie... If not for me, that film would have been 8 dollars short of what it had grossed by now.. So yeah.. You're welcome...

Oh and I did a pretty convincing fist shake at my colleague who wanted to download a copy of MOS. Yes, again, you're welcome. So ummm.... Where's the thread dedicated to my heroics and contribution to MOS success?

#61 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Bezza (4658 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, why are so many people on this thread so angry? Is it not ok to be happy that MOS is doing well and actually like the Avengers and Marvel as well? DC and Marvel are not mutually exclusive. People need to chill out, its only comics we are talking about..!

#63 Edited by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: I like both DC and Marvel also Marvel movies are currently treating their characters with more respect than the actual comics are

#64 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: 500 million...who knows...it might make it to a billion or close....Just look at the Hobbit.

#65 Edited by Stormbox (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

...so slightly more than Superman Returns.

Adjust that for inflation and account for inflated 3D ticket prices, and by the time this is over it's really no more successful. Especially considering the reviews.

520 million

And movie's not even out of theaters yet

#66 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox: Its only been like, what? 15 days???

#67 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway,really good movie!

I don't know why people b**** when Superman has to make a difficult choice.I guess people only like seeing the Big Blue Boyscout.

Also....

I just hate when every time a DC movie comes out,DC fanboys feel the need to compare to make themselves feel better....just the fanboys.Not the fans themselves (being that I am a DC fan).Anyway,Man of Steel,in my opinion,was actually MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

I love this pic. Bwaha.

#68 Edited by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Inflation or not; The Man of Steel is a success.

I'm glad it is and will happily wait for and then watch it's inevitable sequels.

#69 Posted by Farkam (5576 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

I don't know why people b**** when Superman has to make a difficult choice.I guess people only like seeing the Big Blue Boyscout.

Also....

I just hate when every time a DC movie comes out,DC fanboys feel the need to compare to make themselves feel better....just the fanboys.Not the fans themselves (being that I am a DC fan).Anyway,Man of Steel,in my opinion,was actually MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

I love this pic. Bwaha.

Me too :)

#70 Edited by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright :P

#71 Posted by JLDoom (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent news!

#72 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I don't particularly like Avengers vs MOS memes but this is funny as hell!

#73 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

What....You can now edit you Thread title.

#74 Edited by ShowboatingPenguin (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade: Watched it.

Wasn't even that good. It's pretty mediocre.

#75 Posted by Jpgman (75 posts) - - Show Bio

That seems to be everyone's opinion on that movie lol Makes me wonder why they'd choose it over MOS but whatevs

#76 Posted by lilben42 (2686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgman: Two words Zombies and Brad Pitt

#77 Edited by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: I like both DC and Marvel also Marvel movies are currently treating their characters with more respect than the actual comics are

Quoted for truth.

On that note, is Iron Man REALLY deciding if worlds live or die in Guardians of the Galaxy?

#78 Posted by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpgman said:

@showboatingpenguin said:

That seems to be everyone's opinion on that movie lol Makes me wonder why they'd choose it over MOS but whatevs

I think it's because of the hype and what it represents more than what it actually is that people like it so much. Granted, I wouldn't call it mediocre. It's certainly above Average and worthy of some of the praise it's gotten...but some of that praise really needs to be toned down a bit...

#79 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (14785 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by RustyRoy (14858 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news. As I said before it will make 700-800 mils max, not bad.

#81 Edited by drgnx (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@cloudzackvincent said:

@drgnx said:

@cameron83 said:

Also....

The avengers actions cause property damage too, At the end of transformers, the whole army and the autobots seemed to gather around while Sam was kissing Carly, now I would like to believe they came to see the defeated enemy leaders but why? They only need 1 person to confirm his death. Dumb dramatic stuff like that happens in movies but I don't recall it being such a monumental issues before.

All these movies have issues, it is just when something that is overlooked in previous movies suddenly becomes such a large issue for Superman, is the issue with the fans or the nit-pickers?

yes, this is exactly what i have been saying... why is it a issue only when Superman does it...

If you only focus on Superman and the critics,then that's why. It's always happened.

Do you think that this wasn't questioned in The Avengers,Transformers,Thor (when fighting on Earth),etc etc...?

Is it only when Superman faces criticism do we pay attention?

Actually the main complaints about transformers was the stories, forms, and Optimus being darker to a degree (which was primarily sounded in the 2nd movie). I don't recall this magnitude of people complaining about the Autobots not running around checking buildings to save people or trying save buildings... In all Transformers movies there was plenty of collateral damage on the highway scenes, the biggest complaint I heard in all the movies was that Bay used EDITED clips from the Island for the TF3 highway fight.

This is the kind of nonsense that spouted up for transformers! Oh Bay used of few seconds of edited footage of his own movies! He plagiarized!!! Worst director ever!!!

And regarding, Thor fighting on Earth in Avengers, yes that didn't make sense he was a hothead in Avengers (fighting Tony for instance). Though his situation in THOR was understandable..though I would be interested in hearing what those precise complaints were. But my question would be; did it get the same level of controversy that MOS did? Because that is what we are talking about.

Second there are very important nuances when looking at some of these complaints. With Thor and Optimus, it it appears some of their actions were driven because of actual character changes, like Thor being a hothead when he initiated the events that started the Ironman fight, and Optimus being much more ruthless killing already downed enemies. The issue with Superman is people are using situation driven events to impose character change when all evidences shows he was trying to save as much lives as possible, but couldn't save them all. I think someone also pointed out that Zod was the one punching him though buildings.

And yes, while I'm sure there were some complaints in the other movies for the big 3 SM critic issues, it was not to level that Superman is getting where almost every critic is resounding the same 2-3 major complaints! The only one I could honestly see being up there was Optimus being ruthless!

#82 Posted by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Actually,he killed a lot of people.May not have been on-screen,but he most certainly did in the deleted scenes.

And I don't really get it,Loki planned on conquering the world for The Other,didn't he?

.....kinda leaves out a lot of details....

Anyway,MOS is expected to get 700 mil worldwide (Woo!)

#83 Edited by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we just focus on the success of MOS?

Can we not compare completely irrelevant movies that rely on lack of data,ignorance and inaccuracies to make comparisons with other movies?

It just seems like something fans do as a natural response to make themselves feel better.Not you guys (most of you,anyway) but I mainly mean like Youtube people.Anytime a movie comes out,they find the natural need to compare it with a far more popular movie...it greatly pisses me off

#84 Edited by drgnx (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Thor realizes Loki just wanted a hug!

What was supposed to happen!
What really happened!

Ten minutes later

Now that thou have bested Thor, I hereby change my will!

#85 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay people, let's just drop the whole fanboy vs. fanboy thing.

It's getting old.

If you like the movie, like it, if you don't, don't. Making silly memes, digging through the internet for websites that support your opinion, and continuously arguing is now annoying and silly.

I have problems with the movie, and none of you will change my opinion. Just as I suspect your opinions on why you think the movie is great isn't going to change.

#88 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I hoped this thread would tell me how much the "Man of Steel" has made up to this point but apparently it's been hijacked.

#89 Edited by GeoKnowsBest (38 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by Telcalipoca (981 posts) - - Show Bio

i know i know, not about this film but someone mentioned GL film so they did it first

i would like to see a new GL movie but this time center around sinestro i loved him in the movie and think he deserves his own tittle.

#91 Posted by drgnx (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting old.

If you like the movie, like it, if you don't, don't. Making silly memes, digging through the internet for websites that support your opinion, and continuously arguing is now annoying and silly.

I have problems with the movie, and none of you will change my opinion. Just as I suspect your opinions on why you think the movie is great isn't going to change.

Hm..I agree with this.

However,I don't exactly get the controversy over his decision in the film,and hopefully someone will explain it,but whatevs....

#93 Posted by The Stegman (28056 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting old.

This is the internet, what you speak of is impossible here. One does not simply use logic on the World Wide Web.

#94 Edited by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Says biteme_FANBOY... :D

#95 Edited by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Yes, the irony is indeed palpable...

Hey...you haven't been stalking me and seeing what I've posted elsehwhere, right?

#96 Edited by drgnx (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Hey...you haven't been stalking me and seeing what I've posted elsehwhere, right?

a name like "perezite" warrants stalking!

#97 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

I only stalk hot girls. And seeing you through my binoculars from that window of yours, you're not that hot. Plus your daily schedule is a pain.

#98 Posted by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

I only stalk hot girls. And seeing you through my binoculars from that window of yours, you're not that hot. Plus your daily schedule is a pain.

No, I meant on these forums brah.

#99 Edited by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I'm confused. Could you shed some light on what you're talking about? Cause right now I'm making a derp face. Yeah, I'm that clueless.

#100 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (14785 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars reviews destroy Jake Lloyd life, many of you have to remember he was Anakin Skywalker in Episode 1, many crittics decide tobe mean with him and blame him for all the movie mistakes, people blame Jake Lloyd all his Newsweek and other attack him, they attacked a kid and no one saw there was something wrong with that, they call him Mannequin Skywalker, this cause people blame him in his everyday life even when they should had blame Lucas for all this crap.

Haters detroy a life, he is very damn mad at this point and he is very damn violent about Star Wars, he used to love Star Wars, but thanks to the reviews, he got bullied with Mannequin Skywalker thing, people attack him because the reviewer said he was the guilty one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.