MoS clears 589 million at the box office!

• 114 results
#1 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

As of SUNDAY MoS has CLEARED the 589 million dollar mark in total box office intake!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2012.htm

W00t!

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

crap sells. look at transformers movie. and then at MoS. ta da!

#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

And watch Avengers!!!!

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: you still exist? damn you nature. take your course already.

I dont know, i will ask Batman if i am real.

Batman say is hard to belive in reallity and That Avengers was Tranformers just you have to change Superheroes and Villain with giant robots.

#6 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good.

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

It will probably make 700-800 mils.

#8 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thetimestreamer said:

And watch Avengers!!!!

Didn't Avengers make more than 1 billion?

EDIT:

Scratch that...I hate all fanboys. Marvel/DC/Image,etc.

I think Superman fanboys are the worst,however.Worse than Batman Fanboys.....no wait,all fanboys are equal.

#9 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway,really good movie!

I don't know why people b**** when Superman has to make a difficult choice.I guess people only like seeing the Big Blue Boyscout.

Also....

I just hate when every time a DC movie comes out,DC fanboys feel the need to compare to make themselves feel better....just the fanboys.Not the fans themselves (being that I am a DC fan).Anyway,Man of Steel,in my opinion,was actually MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32192 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman fanboys.....ugh.

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thetimestreamer said:

And watch Avengers!!!!

EDIT:

I think Superman fanboys are the worst,however.Worse than Batman Fanboys.

Image has fanboys?

#11 Posted by warlock360 (27957 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by RDClip (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

Superman fanboys.....ugh.

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thetimestreamer said:

And watch Avengers!!!!

EDIT:

I think Superman fanboys are the worst,however.Worse than Batman Fanboys.

Image has fanboys?

Yeah, dude. Just wait until the Youngbloods movie comes out. :)

#13 Edited by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Have you noticed you almost never see any major Dark Horse fan boys, not once have I seen anyone who claims Hellboy could beat everyone like fan boys for pretty much every Marvel/Dc character have said.

#14 Edited by flameboy298 (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

This fanboy crap is so annoying

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32192 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Have you noticed you almost never see any major Dark Horse fan boys, not once have I seen anyone who claims Hellboy could beat everyone like fan boys for pretty much every Marvel/Dc character have said.

Yea, maybe because everybody starts with Marvel/DC so the readers are younger?

#16 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4391 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice I loved the movie.

#18 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

...so slightly more than Superman Returns.

Adjust that for inflation and account for inflated 3D ticket prices, and by the time this is over it's really no more successful. Especially considering the reviews.

#19 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: It did less that the 2 billion 700 millions bucks Avatar did, but to be honest i like more to talk about tickets sells.

Also, you talk crap about fanboys that do the same thing that you just did at the end.

Beside Nolan time is over, please let this hate against him go, does he look he cares anymore, he leave the past in the past, why he is the only person with the mature response in life?.

76,768,200 The Avengers Ticket Sales

74,455,400 The Dark Knight Ticket Sales (Batman is just one heroe, you do the maths)

Good Story comic book Fans, But Star Wars is still the King!!!

178,119,600 New Hope

98,180,600 Empire

94,059,400 Return

90,312,100 Episode 1

59,324,600 Episode 3

53,468,500 Episode 2

Star Wars Rules The Universe!!!!

All Hail Lord Vader!!!

#20 Posted by Arinya (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh....well I hope the sequel is better.

#21 Posted by jumpstart55 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised Its the perfect blockbuster, but any one whose foolishly expecting this to be the definitive Superman will most certainly be disappointed.

#22 Posted by Arinya (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised Its the perfect blockbuster, but any one whose foolishly expecting this to be the definitive Superman will most certainly be disappointed.

Nice...do you call everyone that disagrees with you foolish? On another note I hope the CG house that made this film get a cut of z millionz and can go on to do the sequel. The film was gorgeous!

#23 Edited by jumpstart55 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@arinya: Now i'm not saying anyone who disagrees with me is foolish. I'm saying peoples expectations were set high for this film, I knew this film probably wasn't going to meet all the high expectations that were set for it especially in the way of story, but i knew it was going to one hell of an action ride. anyone who walks in the Man of Steel hoping to see the definitive Superman movie is being foolish. I learned my lesson when i was sorely disappointed by Iron Man 3,after which i swore to myself to never set my expectations for a film to high, well for a superhero film two at-least. One so i wont be disappointed and two so i can allow myself to get blow away. And at the end of the day most of the time Hollywoods first priority and main goal is to make decent profit, story comes secondary, when concerning these big budget high end Superhero or Action films.

#24 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@cameron83: It did less that the 2 billion 700 millions bucks Avatar did, but to be honest i like more to talk about tickets sells.

Also, you talk crap about fanboys that do the same thing that you just did at the end.

Beside Nolan time is over, please let this hate against him go, does he look he cares anymore, he leave the past in the past, why he is the only person with the mature response in life?.

76,768,200 The Avengers Ticket Sales

74,455,400 The Dark Knight Ticket Sales (Batman is just one heroe, you do the maths)

Good Story comic book Fans, But Star Wars is still the King!!!

178,119,600 New Hope

98,180,600 Empire

94,059,400 Return

90,312,100 Episode 1

59,324,600 Episode 3

53,468,500 Episode 2

Star Wars Rules The Universe!!!!

All Hail Lord Vader!!!

I don't think that you can possibly be serious.....You say that it's only 1 hero,do the math?!

He still did less....even though I dislike the Avengers movie.But he still made less.Him being 1 hero doesn't mean anything.If anything that makes his movie easier being that they only had to focus on 1 character. He should've made much more then since they didn't have to juggle characters.

They didn't go see the Avengers movie because of the popularity of each individual character!

If that's the case then maybe I should see how Iron Man 3 did.....

ugh....I don't even like Iron Man 3!

#25 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

This fanboy crap is so annoying

I f*cking agree.

#26 Posted by Arinya (409 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: Oh I see. Well look at it from this perspective. I was not prepared for how much I would love Dark Knight. In fact I really like all of Christopher Nolan's films. The man has a proven tract record. So it's not that far fetched for a guy to have some moderate level of expectations for his films. Granted he didn't write or direct it but I was at the very least expecting to walk out if the theatre happy. Instead of tired and confused by the level of suckage. The Nolan to suckage ratio is completely off! Nothing makes sense anymore! You got gender swapped Jimmy and Superman making out over the ashes of Metropolis. I'm all torn inside! =P

#27 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@arinya: Um... Jenny wasn't Jimmy, she isn't named Olsen. She's not even a photographer.

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: So far Ironman 3 has sell les ticket that Rises, again the number looks so big because of the 3D, its around the 50 millions tickets.

Rises sold 57 millions.

No, it means he need less movies to make enough hype to make that much of tickets, not only that is evidence Marvel heroes by themselves dont sell that much.

The Incredible Hulk failed at making money and Captain America did money thanks to the 3D, and didnt do that much, so far Thor and Ironman are the only big money makers for Marvel that why they wanted Ironman 4.

#29 Edited by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

I don't know why people b**** when Superman has to make a difficult choice.I guess people only like seeing the Big Blue Boyscout.

Also....

I just hate when every time a DC movie comes out,DC fanboys feel the need to compare to make themselves feel better....just the fanboys.Not the fans themselves (being that I am a DC fan).Anyway,Man of Steel,in my opinion,was actually MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

The avengers actions cause property damage too, At the end of transformers, the whole army and the autobots seemed to gather around while Sam was kissing Carly, now I would like to believe they came to see the defeated enemy leaders but why? They only need 1 person to confirm his death. Dumb dramatic stuff like that happens in movies but I don't recall it being such a monumental issues before.

All these movies have issues, it is just when something that is overlooked in previous movies suddenly becomes such a large issue for Superman, is the issue with the fans or the nit-pickers?

#30 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@cameron83: So far Ironman 3 has sell les ticket that Rises, again the number looks so big because of the 3D, its around the 50 millions tickets.

Rises sold 57 millions.

No, it means he need less movies to make enough hype to make that much of tickets, not only that is evidence Marvel heroes by themselves dont sell that much.

The Incredible Hulk failed at making money and Captain America did money thanks to the 3D, and didnt do that much, so far Thor and Ironman are the only big money makers for Marvel that why they wanted Ironman 4.

So....he needs less movies to make enough hype to make that many tickets....and that is evidence that Marvel heroes by themselves do not sell?

Didn't he have 2 movies before that in order to make that much hype?

But yeah...Marvel fails at movies and DC is superior,right?

Lol

Well,I guess that that means that DC also fails at Movies because of Catwoman,Green Lantern,Watchmen,etc.....right?

To be honest,I really don't get your point..... You seem to have really bad logic that The Nolan Franchise (much hated,btw) was more popular than Avengers simply because of....?

You completely forget that The Avengers,Iron Man 3 and others dominate him at the Box Office nonetheless.

And where are you getting this ticket stuff from,anyway?

The Avengers and other Marvel movies dominated them,so does that mean that they "fail to sell"?

How about all of the hype that the Superman and Batman movies got?

I really don't get this....

#31 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Rises sold 57 millions.

So....he needs less movies to make enough hype to make that many tickets....and that is evidence that Marvel heroes by themselves do not sell?

Lol

Well,I guess that that means that DC also fails at Movies because of Catwoman,Green Lantern,Watchmen,etc.....right?

No, because watchmen was amazing

Ultimate cut ftw

#32 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox said:

@cameron83 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Rises sold 57 millions.

Lol

No, because watchmen was amazing

Ultimate cut ftw

Isn't that a matter of opinion?

#33 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

How did this turn into a Marvel vs DC thread?

#34 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

How did this turn into a Marvel vs DC thread?

...it didn't really

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thetimestreamer said:

And watch Avengers!!!!

EDIT:

I think Superman fanboys are the worst,however.Worse than Batman Fanboys.....no wait,all fanboys are equal.

No take backsies! You already said we were the worst! We shall keep that title cause you already gave it! We ain't sharing the title! We ain't giving it back! Superman fanboys FTW!!!! And by that I mean "For the worst"... >:D

#36 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

XD

If you insist.....but it may upset the bat fanboys

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Avengers was the combined success of IM+CA+Thor+Hulk fans, it was the biggest movie crossover ever, the build up started from IM 1 to CA, Thor, IM2, it was a 3D movie and didn't have to deal with a tragedy in the opening day.

#38 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@cameron83 said:

Also....

The avengers actions cause property damage too, At the end of transformers, the whole army and the autobots seemed to gather around while Sam was kissing Carly, now I would like to believe they came to see the defeated enemy leaders but why? They only need 1 person to confirm his death. Dumb dramatic stuff like that happens in movies but I don't recall it being such a monumental issues before.

All these movies have issues, it is just when something that is overlooked in previous movies suddenly becomes such a large issue for Superman, is the issue with the fans or the nit-pickers?

yes, this is exactly what i have been saying... why is it a issue only when Superman does it...

#39 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad the movie is a financial success. It deserved it.

#40 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

This escalated quickly.

Still, happy for the movie.

#42 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@cameron83 said:

Also....

yes, this is exactly what i have been saying... why is it a issue only when Superman does it...

If you only focus on Superman and the critics,then that's why. It's always happened.

Do you think that this wasn't questioned in The Avengers,Transformers,Thor (when fighting on Earth),etc etc...?

Is it only when Superman faces criticism do we pay attention?

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83: Avengers was the combined success of IM+CA+Thor+Hulk fans, it was the biggest movie crossover ever, the build up started from IM 1 to CA, Thor, IM2, it was a 3D movie and didn't have to deal with a tragedy in the opening day.

At the same time it DID have 2 movies before it and think of how awful Avengers could've turned out since they did have to juggle so many characters in a film.

However,are we still going to pretend like Green Lantern never existed? Does that mean he is a bad character? An unpopular character?

Nope.

What about Iron Man compared to Batman Begins in ticket and in gross?

Spiderman 1?

And I say Iron Man did pretty well...I didn't even expect a movie so many people called bad (it wasn't the best or even good really) to do so good.

At the same time,I notice many people try to make some pretty weak comparisons.....

#43 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad the movie is a financial success. It deserved it.

It did.I honestly thought this was kinda like Superman's version of the Nolan movies (I mean that in a good way,considering the success and the realistic touches on the character....not like the comic book character already doesn't have those realistic emotional impacts and then some).

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

At the same time it DID have 2 movies before it and think of how awful Avengers could've turned out since they did have to juggle so many characters in a film.

However,are we still going to pretend like Green Lantern never existed? Does that mean he is a bad character? An unpopular character?

Nope.

Spiderman 1?

And I say Iron Man did pretty well...I didn't even expect a movie so many people called bad (it wasn't the best or even good really) to do so good.

At the same time,I notice many people try to make some pretty weak comparisons.....

• Yeah and Avengers had 5 movies before it and everyone would've seen Avengers even if it was awful , it was the first Superhero crossover. Avengers always had more advantage.
  • GL flopped because of bad decisions and poor marketing effort and to the general public he was fairly unpopular.
  • Its not too far behind. But you should compare Batman 1989 to Iron Man and Spider-Man 1, its ahead of those two and almost comparable to Avengers and TDK in terms of ticket sales.
  • Everyone loved Iron-Man 1. It was far better than its sequels.
  • Like?

#45 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83 said:

@rustyroy said:

Nope.

Spiderman 1?

• Yeah and Avengers had 5 movies before it and everyone would've seen Avengers even if it was awful , it was the first Superhero crossover. Avengers always had more advantage.
  • GL flopped because of bad decisions and poor marketing effort and to the general public he was fairly unpopular.
  • Its not too far behind. But you should compare Batman 1989 to Iron Man and Spider-Man 1, its ahead of those two and almost comparable to Avengers and TDK in terms of ticket sales.
  • Everyone loved Iron-Man 1. It was far better than its sequels.
  • Like?

Avengers was still a success that could've ended just as bad as Green Lantern.And again,I can argue the exact same for Batman.But he still did more than others,didn't he?

It could've failed to juggle the many characters (characters that the general public isn't really that familiar with) and fail as a movie. Although I can see your point with the hype,but given the expectations for the Avengers movie and The Batman movie,I don't really consider it that bad. Even given characters that the General public vaguely even knows...

Green Lantern was about as popular as Iron Man and he has A LOT of fans and popularity. And again,the movie still flopped nonetheless. But it doesn't mean the character is unpopular.This reflects more on the movie,not really the character. You can have someone as popular as Batman and have it end up like the Joel Batman and Robin movie.

You do know that I am referring to the latest movie,right ("I didn't expect a movie so many people called bad...").I am referring to Iron Man 3 in this sense,and when I compare to Batman Begins,obviously I am referring to the first movie.

And again,Iron Man 3 isn't too far behind.....didn't become more successful,but not bad for a mediocre movie.......Point still stands that they were very successful and even more successful than some...and they can also be put against different movies,but even still that doesn't necessarily reflect on the character,just the movie...

That last part wasn't for you (obviously) -___-

Can we stop derailing this thread? Because I don't even know what the point of this argument is exactly...please tell me.Avengers was more successful than the Nolan movies in ticket sales,so was Spiderman 1,etc etc...And TDK and TDKR made more than ASM. I don't exactly see what the point of this is,exactly?

If this argument is regarding the success of Marvel movies compared to DC movies,then I could also argue that Marvel's Iron Man isn't really as popular as Superman or Batman. But he still made more than Batman begins (Man of Steel is coming). There are movies from Marvel more popular than DC movies and DC movies more successful than some Marvel movies...just that Marvel has more. And that says a lot given that Superman/Batman are the most iconic superheroes.In this case,Batman (since Superman isn't really done,yet).

More importantly,it doesn't necessarily reflect on the character.However,if this is about the success about the movies,there is no debate...Avengers was more popular because of said reasons (and ones you stated,like it being a superhero crossover,5 movies leading up to it,etc),same with some Marvel and some DC movies.so let's only compare the Avengers fairly to the soon-to-be JL movie,okay?

This doesn't really mean anything against the character,more on the movie itself. So please,how about this just ends,no more argument.

Unless I have to bring in a mod or something,but we're both mature to not let that happen,right?

#46 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers was still a success that could've ended just as bad as Green Lantern.And again,I can argue the exact same for Batman.But he still did more than others,didn't he?

It could've failed to juggle the many characters (characters that the general public isn't really that familiar with) and fail as a movie. Although I can see your point with the hype,but given the expectations for the Avengers movie and The Batman movie,I don't really consider it that bad. Even given characters that the General public vaguely even knows...

Green Lantern was about as popular as Iron Man and he has A LOT of fans and popularity. And again,the movie still flopped nonetheless. But it doesn't mean the character is unpopular.This reflects more on the movie,not really the character. You can have someone as popular as Batman and have it end up like the Joel Batman and Robin movie.

You do know that I am referring to the latest movie,right ("I didn't expect a movie so many people called bad...").I am referring to Iron Man 3 in this sense,and when I compare to Batman Begins,obviously I am referring to the first movie.

And again,Iron Man 3 isn't too far behind.....didn't become more successful,but not bad for a mediocre movie.......Point still stands that they were very successful and even more successful than some...and they can also be put against different movies,but even still that doesn't necessarily reflect on the character,just the movie...

That last part wasn't for you (obviously) -___-

Can we stop derailing this thread? Because I don't even know what the point of this argument is exactly...please tell me.Avengers was more successful than the Nolan movies in ticket sales,so was Spiderman 1,etc etc...And TDK and TDKR made more than ASM. I don't exactly see what the point of this is,exactly?

If this argument is regarding the success of Marvel movies compared to DC movies,then I could also argue that Marvel's Iron Man isn't really as popular as Superman or Batman. But he still made more than Batman begins (Man of Steel is coming). There are movies from Marvel more popular than DC movies and DC movies more successful than some Marvel movies...just that Marvel has more. And that says a lot given that Superman/Batman are the most iconic superheroes.In this case,Batman (since Superman isn't really done,yet).

More importantly,it doesn't necessarily reflect on the character.However,if this is about the success about the movies,there is no debate...Avengers was more popular because of said reasons (and ones you stated,like it being a superhero crossover,5 movies leading up to it,etc),same with some Marvel and some DC movies.so let's only compare the Avengers fairly to the soon-to-be JL movie,okay?

This doesn't really mean anything against the character,more on the movie itself. So please,how about this just ends,no more argument.

Unless I have to bring in a mod or something,but we're both mature to not let that happen,right?

Avengers was going to be a success just like TDKR was, it never would've bombed, the opening weekend is the proof of that. TDKR had one movie before it that made more than the other Marvel movies and it came out 4 years prior to the movie wile Marvel released 5 movies in that time all of which were tied to Avengers. By the time Avengers came out everyone knew about CA, Iron-Man, Thor, Hulk, Fury, Hawkeye, BW and Coulson.

Green Lantern flopped because of poor marketing and bad reception, Iron-Man's marketing was far better and it was a critical hit and fans loved it while GL is considered one of the worst CBMs. Batman and Robin wasn't actually flop but very poorly received by the public. It isn't actually far behind Begins in terms of ticket sales.

IM 3 was riding on the success of Avengers, that's the main reason it did good, if it came out before Avengers than it would've made no more than 700 mils with this kind of reception.

Ok.

I agree right now Marvel movies are more successful but that's because DC can't still figure out what to do with characters outside of Batman and Superman.

Iron-Man did more than Batman Begins for several reason (And as I said before its much ahead of BB) :

• When Begins came out when Superhero genre wasn't that popular as a hole. Movies like X-Men and Spider-Man were the only popular CBMs.
  • Begins was coming off from Batman and Robin, so Batman was at his all time low at that time.
  • The last Batman movie came out nearly a decade ago.
  • The marketing was not nearly as good as Iron-Man.
  • A relatively unknown director. RDJ more likable than Bale.
  • IM was Batman with a better gadget and a cooler attitude to the General Public.

If you want to compare Iron Man 1 with a Batman movie then compare it to Batman 1989 then see the difference.

Did I offend you in any way? I was just replying to your points. Anyways I'm out of this conversion if you like that.

#47 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: They build Avengers, is not his own movie, would you think it would had being such a huge hit without the past movies?, it was an amazing clever marketing technique,they said they destroy the records, that was the movie you have to see in your life, pretty much destroy any real reviews.

It sold more tickets, but still they did more marketing job and the movie was never sold by itself, Ironman, Thor, Captain America and Hulk sold you the movie, TDK depends on Batman and Batman only.

Also, you talk about making money maker movies, Hulk failed at making any money and Captain America would had fail without the 3D.

Captain America

Gross:

$176,636,816

Budget:

$140,000,000

Hulk

Gross:

$134,518,390

Budget:

$150,000,000

Marvel is not as great and amazing and perfect as people want to belive.

People can hate Nolan all they want, but they cant refuse he make people care about Batman again, even the people that works in the Marvel Cinematic Universe talk well about his job.

Also RDJ image is better that Bale one, is more easy to people like RDJ and this was his huge comeback at being the king, Ironman would had never fail, people wanted him to be back at the top.

I like Anne Hattaway, she sucks at playing the fame game, Jennifer Lawrence is a good player, but i can notice she plays the game, Bale image is bad, because he is not playing the fame game, JGL is the best player with RDJ, both know how to sell themselves and being caught in camera to look amazingly funny and down to earth.

@rustyroy:Yeah, but saddly nerds dont care for this movie, even when is amazingly good and the example how epic a production could be, i mean the scenes are bigger that life without cgi, they filmed bigger that life shots without computers, the production values are stil top notch and some shots are so amazing.

But you know people here, belive old movies suck and would fail today.

#48 Posted by Farkam (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Property damage is just an aspect of the action-adventure genre Superhero movies are apart of. Also it isn't limited to just super-powered characters. Such as Bat's in TDK blasting lines of cars in a parking lot away with his cannons despite not knowing whether they were occupied or not. However, Superman does need to/and has the power to save people. Take the second to last brawl between Superman and Zod & co. While he did cause some damage it wasn't directed at anything where humans would normally be and he managed to fight off the bad guys all at once (before getting tired out) as well as cockblocking most of Zods efforts and saving tons of people. Even going somewhere else, away from the people. For me, that is how Superman should operate.

#49 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

Besides what I already stated to this guy there is nothing to add here...Some of your points I agree with.

@deathpoolthet1000

I also love how you use certain movies to make your point. There are DC movies that flopped just as bad and many Marvel movies that did far better than that. I already said a few in case you missed them.There are also DC movies that exceeded some Marvel movies. Some were already stated.

Did I say they were perfect? But DC isn't the best at Movies either....can it be??? GASP

SOMETIMES DC MAKES BETTER MOVIES THAN MARVEL AND SOMETIMES MARVEL MAKES BETTER MOVIES THAN DC?!?!

I THOUGHT BOTH WERE PERFECT!

-________-

Didn't Iron Man 2 do bad?

But...the movie being a Superhero crossover actually guarantees that the movie sells by itself.Like the other guy said.....

Also learn to read/write well since I said it is better to compare a whole team of superheroes in a movie to another,okay?

Green Lantern

= Worldwide: $219,851,172

Domestic Total Gross: $116,601,172

Production Budget: $200 million

Sometimes,companies make mistakes.....

I simply don't like the Nolan movies,are you fine with that? How the hell is that "hate"?

.....The Dark Knight had a lot of Marketing involved.That's how you do things if you want the movie to be as much as a success as possible. Just look at that "Why So Serious" crap that it started.It Had a ton of Viral Marketing and Merchandise involved....that's how you do things. Superman also has a lot of marketing involved.Especially with those Gilette "how does he shave" things. But that's how you do things...That's how you make movies successful....

As I told the other guy,this thread has been derailed enough.So this argument is done,any further reply (that is an argument) and I may have to bring in a mod. This argument is not only done,but it is pointless.

#50 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are we fighting? =( This should be good news!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.