Man of Steel Trilogy Villains

• 80 results
#1 Edited by Ammo_Baba (10 posts) - - Show Bio

So Man of Steel will probably have itself a trilogy to implement itself for a broader justice league film, the question is who will Superman be facing off against? We've already got Zod ( and Faora,not known yet if Ursa will complete the set), but who can we expect next, Bizarro, Lex Luther, even DarkSeid ?

As a side note if they do appear will Snyder/Nolan edit them and if so how?

#2 Edited by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be safe to say that Luthor will appear in the next movie or for suspense purposes, he would appear towards the end of the trilogy.

I'm hoping to see Parasite in the next one. Haven't heard from this guy in a while now. If not Parasite, then Metallo would be cool too.

#3 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Phantom Zone villains. 2. Brainiac and Lex. 3. Doomsday.

#4 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling it now...Metallo will be the villian in the next movie

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want MOS to tie into a justice league movie but I wouldn't mind if they got Henry cavil to reprise his role as supes for the a JL movie

#6 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel- ZOD

Last son- Brainiac

Man of tomorrow- Lex and Metallo

Yeah i think the names and villians of the sequels should be like that

#7 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor will probably play a hand here!

#8 Posted by Nightwing4 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Man Of Steel 2 (Or Man of Tomorrow, whatever it'll be called) will probably set up for Justice League 2, I'd expect a bigger scale villain. Possibly Lex to tie into a Cadmus Story.(which was introduced in Green Lantern) If it was me, I'd have Lex doing whatever and have the creation of Metello as a side story like TDK had Dent becoming Two Face. My gut tells me the third in the trilogy will an adaption of Death of Superman.

#9 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how I want the movies to go in order.

MOS: Zod features a john Blake batman camio

JL: Then darkseid john Blake Batman doesn't really know how to act

WW prequel against ares or cheeta

A batman prequel in a no mans land like state with john Blake just putting on the bat suit and meeting a person who calls herself bat girl.

Flash prequel against reverse flash

GL 2 sinestro corps war

MOS 2: Lex Luther makes superboy. but it sets up for justice league 2 with brainiac

JL2 fight brainiac but Barry dies

Batman 5 he fights the jokers, learns Bruce had a son Damian wayne. And hooks up with bat girl. At the end Bruce and cat women come back and reveal they have a daughter name Helena. Bruce becomes batman and john Blake becomes nightwing. Helena becomes huntress and Damian be comes robin.

Flash 2 Wally takes Barry's place and has to fight mirror master.

GL3 hal goes crazy and becomes parallax(because in justice league 2 brainac destroys coast city) he kills the entire GLC but kyle stops him.

WW2 she fights hades we also get a glimpse of wonder girl Cassy.

MOS3 new krypton

JL3 fight helspont.

Then after these we get teen titans and static shock and blue beetle movie

#10 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. ZOD and Lex (cameo)
  2. Lex (non-direct fighting) and Metallo
  3. Lex (armored suit - preferably) and Brainiac
#11 Posted by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos Zod

Mos 2 Brainaic and lex

Mos 3 Doomsday and Bizarro

#12 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

Mos Zod - Lex (Cameo)

Mos 2 Doomsday and Bizarro - via Lex Luthor

Mos 3 Brainaic and lex

This would make more sense IMHO, Lex working with (being manipulated by) Brainiac behind the scenes to make Kryptonian clones to take out Superman. Doomsday has generally been used as a tool, so I think the person pulling his strings should be faced last. Brainiac could have followed Zod to track down Superman, or he could be Zod's 'present' after his defeat.

Bizarro could be a 1st attempt at cloning, and Doomsday the second. It would be nice if Bizarro takes Superman's place and sacrifices himself to stop Doomsday, to show he is more than just a failed clone.

They could also use this to launch a Cyborg Superman appearance for a JLA movie (this would be an added scene shown in the JLA movie). A flashback of Brainiac's attempt to clone Superman's DNA onto Kryptonian Tech.

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel - Zod

Man of Steel 2 - Brainiac and Metallo (like Superman and the Men of Steel)

Man of Steel 3 - Lex Luthor, full on warsuit.

#14 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Lex would still need some guys to keep us entertained before the final showdown, or else we are stuck with another movie of Superman flying around saving people from ..the random acts of disasters ...

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I know so well this will be far fetched but a man can dream

MOS 2 - The Elite backed by Luthor. Much like Action Comics 775 but culminates in a slugfest between armored Lex and Supes. Lex gets incarcerated. No more Luthor for the next films.

MOS 3 - My dream for this is big. Opens up with a Doomsday fight leading to his death. Then a Cadmus/Star Labs made Bizarro/Cyborg counterpart takes his place and goes out of control then government unleashes their "controlled" Doomsday who would beat the Bizarro/Cyborg Supes. But Doomsday evolves out of their control and goes on a rampage again where a revived Superman can beat his a*s!

#16 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

2. Lex Luthor, Metallo

3. Parasite, Atomic Skull, Lex Luthor

#17 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as I see Brainiac I'll be happy.

#18 Posted by oppagangnamstyle19 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Zod 2. Brainiac and darkseid ( brainiac dies and darkseid survives) 3. Darkseid and doomsday

#19 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

beast idea

i want to see brainiac and darksied though

#20 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go like this:

1. Zod with Lex as a background character
  2. Lex and Bizarro (the failed clone version)
  3. Doomsday

As an aside, I would seriously pay like 3 times the normal price to see a movie with Bizarro.

#21 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

As iconic as Lex is...I wish they would use somebody else. I'd love to see metallo and parasite actually be used. Bizarro would also be pretty cool.

#22 Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Lex Luthor.

#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone that isn't Lex Luthor. 

We have:
Brainiac
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Bizarro
Darkseid
Doomsday
Metallo
Preus
Gog

And many more. Why not use them? And if you are gonna use Lex, have Bizarro or Metallo as the physical and main villain of the movie.

#24 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (80 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Zod, introduction of Luthor

2. Luthor, Brainiac

3. Darkseid, maybe Doomsday (put Luthor in there just to be snuffed out by darkseid)

You have to have Lex Luthor, even if it's just in a minor capacity.... he is a constant adversary for Superman, and deserves to be a part of the show.

#25 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel 1 - Zod

Man of Steel 2 - Brainiac with Lex in the background, tease Doomsday

Man of Steel 3 - Doomsday and Lex.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Man of Steel - Zod with Lex/Lexcorp hinted at
  2. Man of Steel 2 - Brainiac
  3. Man of Steel 3 - Lex in warsuit backed by Metallo or Parasite
#27 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

what about Darkseid? i think keeping him for a JLA movie is not the right idea at the moment and in Superman trilogy he could be a great ultimate enemy.

#28 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid would always be wasted on a Superman movie. Superman's story is not the story Darkseid was created to tell.

#29 Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk hope they use Lex Luthor in 2nd movie.

#30 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want Hank Henshaw at some point.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod is going to appear in the first,in the second maybe Lex and in the third Doomsday or Cyborg Superman.

#32 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

Man of steel- ZOD

Last son- Brainiac

Make that last one Lex and Bizarro and you've got an okay from me. Seriously, Bizarro would be epic!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19556 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Someone that isn't Lex Luthor.

That sums it up..

But I'd like to see doomsday as well.

#34 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: i@MB25 said:

I'm calling it now...Metallo will be the villian in the next movie

I have to say I hope not. Its got to be Lex and Braniac, then Doomsday. Its just got to be.

#35 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Mate Lex has to be a villain in the Man Of Steel in the tone the film is going. It will be completely different from what we´ve seen. Lex is so cool in the comics as well, he´s a must for me. Especially a team up him and Braniac.

#36 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Zod & Lex.

2. Lex and Bizarro.

3. Brainiac.

#37 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping for Lex Luthor, Brainiac and possibly Doomsday.

#38 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac is long overdue

#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@jphulk26: Zod is going to be the villain in Man Of Steel my friend. I don't know, I don't want Lex Luthor to appear in this franchise unless its Metallo or Bizarro in the main villain seat. AND he should appear only in 1 movie if he has to. A lot of people are sick of him and really would like to see other villains in the movies.
#40 Posted by SoA (5135 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod

Lex- creates parasite to fight supes

Lex through cloning (obtained data and sample from last movie/fight)cretaes a opponent for supes ,so bizzaro or doomsday-like being

#41 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@jphulk26: Zod is going to be the villain in Man Of Steel my friend. I don't know, I don't want Lex Luthor to appear in this franchise unless its Metallo or Bizarro in the main villain seat. AND he should appear only in 1 movie if he has to. A lot of people are sick of him and really would like to see other villains in the movies.

Yeah i meant in the sequels. I´m sorry but I can´t see how a true superman fan can really say that for two reasons. 1. Lex has never been in the movies. That crap character that Donner portrayed or the last movie was not Lex Luthor from the comics. 2 Lex Luthor is badass in the right hands. Its basically a situation like Batman vs Superman. Batman can´t fight Lex head on, he needs strategy, that can be good it just depends on the writer. As for him being the main villain, I agree there, I w ould want an equal pairing between Lex and Braniac in MOS 2, then yeah once he´s defeated, MOS 3 won´t be about him. I just think the Lex hate is cause he´s been portrayed wrong.

#42 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Man of steel- ZOD

Last son- Brainiac

Make that last one Lex and Bizarro and you've got an okay from me. Seriously, Bizarro would be epic!!!!!!!!

I don't think he'd apply to live action movies well...non comic readers would call him a "hulk ripoff"

#43 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Man of steel- ZOD

Last son- Brainiac

I don't think he'd apply to live action movies well...non comic readers would call him a "hulk ripoff"

He talks backwards and has all the powers of Superman. Yeah, he's totally a Hulk rip off. That's like saying people would assume Deadpool is a Spider-Man rip off

#44 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

That's like saying people would assume Deadpool is a Spider-Man rip off

THEY DO !

also i was talking about NON comic readers. Y'know the type of people who'd be like

"Hey have you heard of X-men ? Saw it on tv last night."

#45 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Even if he is done wrong, its time for him to take a seat, he's been over exposed long enough and let other Superman villains shine. Hank Henkshaw, Mongul, Preus, Brainiac, ect.

#46 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope for Brainiac then Doomsday, save Darkseid for the mythological JLA movie.

#47 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

1st: Zod

2nd: Lex Luthor/Bizarro

3rd: Brainiac/Doomsday

#48 Edited by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I think:

1) Zod

2) Lex/Doomsday

3) Brainiac

#49 Posted by lightsout (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think if Doomsday involves a "death" of Superman, he should be saved until the 3rd movie. I'd be hard pressed to exclude either Lex or Brainiac though, so unless 2 villains can be worked into 1 movie, those should be the main focus of any MoS #2 & 3.

#50 Posted by stevenjaber (6 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my theory

Man of Steel - General Zod

Man of Tomorrow - Brainiac / Lex Luthor

Last Son - Doomsday

Doomsday should come last because he kills Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.