Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Man of Steel's Tribute to Action Comics #1

Supermang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Supermang

Here is a cool video pointing out a subtle tribute to the first Superman comic in Man of Steel!

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holy crap that was amazing

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Very vague similarities. I mean one of them is "there is music in the bar" :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It did start out pretty vague, but it finished good. 7/10

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

The end is the only thing remotely similar. The others are very vague to take into account.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:

The end is the only thing remotely similar. The others are very vague to take into account.

The little stuff is not important, the big stuff like the dudes bothering a chick and Superman smashing their car and the telephone pole are what matter.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Squalleon

@saintwildcard said:

The little stuff is not important, the big stuff like the dudes bothering a chick and Superman smashing their car and the telephone pole are what matter.

It is a very vague similarity to say it is inspired by AC 1. Plus you threw out like 70% of the vid.

I could see it been done on purpose, but meh,the setting is very common so there is that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

It is a very vague similarity to say it is inspired by AC 1. Plus you threw out like 70% of the vid.

THe minor stuff yes, the big stuff not in my opinion. If you remove that scene it doesn't make or break the movie. Snyder is smarter than what you people give him credit. The scene where Clark has the cape as a kid is a prime example. Everyone was confused as to why Clark would have the cape on and questioned who he was copying. The genius part is, that he's copying no one. He is the first superhero and therefore he came up with it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Squalleon

@saintwildcard said:

THe minor stuff yes, the big stuff not in my opinion. If you remove that scene it doesn't make or break the movie. Snyder is smarter than what you people give him credit. The scene where Clark has the cape as a kid is a prime example. Everyone was confused as to why Clark would have the cape on and questioned who he was copying. The genius part is, that he's copying no one. He is the first superhero and therefore he came up with it.

I don't disagree. But if he did it on purpose I feel he would have "leaked" it until now, on a commentary or something. He would have pointed out.

I think this is un-deliberate at best.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

I don't disagree. But if he did it on purpose I feel he would have "leaked" it until now, on a commentary or something. He would have pointed out.

It think this is un-deliberate at best.

Well this scene isn't a mind boggling as that cape scene. Maybe he did say something about it, I'd have to watch the play by play video that's on the Blu Ray that I have..... I really don't wanna do that, it was so boring. I kinda wish they had just done a commentary track for the movie T-T

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this scene isn't a mind boggling as that cape scene. Maybe he did say something about it, I'd have to watch the play by play video that's on the Blu Ray that I have..... I really don't wanna do that, it was so boring. I kinda wish they had just done a commentary track for the movie T-T

What is that?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

What is that?

Basically the cast and Zack Snyder talk about scenes in the movie by saying what happened during the shooting and how they did things.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

What is that?

Basically the cast and Zack Snyder talk about scenes in the movie by saying what happened during the shooting and how they did things.

Oh, thanks. Sounds boring.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:

What is that?

Oh, thanks. Sounds boring.

As someone who loves the movie I couldn't even get past 10 minutes. They kept saying "what's interesting about this" every 2 minutes. I bought the Blu Ray for a commentary track and deleted scenes, I got neither. F**KING GYP! And yet if they came out with a new Blu Ray with deleted scenes I would buy it.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nice

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By 2cool4fun

What's the song that starts playing at 1:00?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the song that starts playing at 1:00?

"Seasons" by Chris Connell

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People speaking in MoS. They did it in Action Comics too!

Lois speaks to Clark. Holy crap what an amazing coincidence that it happens in both the movies and the comics!

Superman shows up in both! Mind blown.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

@risingbean said:

People speaking in MoS. They did it in Action Comics too!

Lois speaks to Clark. Holy crap what an amazing coincidence that it happens in both the movies and the comics!

Superman shows up in both! Mind blown.

The broad strokes are, Clark flirts with Girl, jerks come in and start hassling her. Girl doesn't approve and slaps them. guy gets even more handsy, Clark tells them to stop but isn't taken seriously, Clark leaves and wrecks the dudes car.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Didn't roughly the same series of events occur in Friday the 13th part 3?

Trade out Clark for Shelly, the waitress for Vera and the trucker for the bike gang.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Didn't roughly the same series of events occur in Friday the 13th part 3?

Trade out Clark for Shelly, the waitress for Vera and the trucker for the bike gang.

paranoid animated GIF

So either Friday the 13th copied Superman, or MoS copied Friday the 13th.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Well MoS copied F13. But maybe F13 copied Action Comics. Or maybe it's independent and parallel storytelling and us conspiracy theorists are getting worked up over nothing.

Or maybe it's Batman prep so we're all too confused to complain when he fights Clark in BvS:DoJ the movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.