Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Man of Steel Reviews Are in: Flop?

• 118 results
    LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@amazingangel: No. No more Batman. No more Bruce Wayne. Just Superman. Only Superman. That's it. No more Batman movies.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By AmazingAngel

@nerx: I know one you can shoot.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Man Of Steel is so damn good shows Rotten Tomateos real face, showing how useless selfcentered obnoxious arrogant and mentally challenged those guys are.

Rotten Tomatoes brainwashes people, see how reviews everywhere just repeats what they say and people belive what they say is the truth.

I just hope this evidence Rotten Tomatoes is going to die and we will never see them again.

Seriously, Return got higger reviews, a movie that show Bryan Singer was living in the past and dont understand today society and see a senlessles society thatt is not real and is not there anymore.

Not seriously, see the critics, is because they dont see Christopher Reeve's Superman, they say is a bad movie, how childish and stuck in the past you must be to keep wanting this.

The whole they changed that means it sucks now thing, is very normal thing ask Nolan for all the hate he gets for Batman.

Rotten Tomatoes overrates and underrates movies, everything is black and white for those guys.

They are biased to some genres, studios, actors and directors.

They make The Avenger looks like if it was The Citizen Kane of the 21 Century, based on what hype and a market campaign, yeah they have no real opinions or no real arguments with this movie.

They state their opinions of a movie as absolute fact, if you dont belive the same you are an imbecile fool in their eyes, their opinions is the only one, this is how dellusional those arrogant pricks are.

This guys dont understand the Snakes on The Plane Theory, about knowing what market is going and what is the job the movie has to do, they are horribly biased to "author" movies, but horrribly hypocritical abouu what that means, they like artistic movies that have nothing of art and are just arrogant pretentious movies and hate the ones are honest movies.

They even fail to judge movies by their budget, if a movie cost 1 million buck and gets the same result one that cost 90 millions, it shows how bad the 90 millions buck movie is.

The Internet Movie Database 99.99% of users sucks, but there is a 0.1% that understands this theory and know how actually review a movie unbiased and in a neautral way to see thing.

They belive unnecessarily complicated difficult to understand = Author film and Artistic film,even whn actually is a poorly executed film for an arrogant guys like them.

They are the reason why people belvie critics are nothing more that failed filmakers, that hate movies because they failed and they have to give their hates to people that actually makes movie and never failed in their dream.

I could be a useless selfcentered obnoxious arrogant guy most of the time, i can belive people is stupid for watching movies like Resident Evil, but that dont change i understand the Snakes on The Plane Theory, i understand it goes for a market and is made to work in some way, judge movies based on this and their budgets, i know what movies have failed at doing their job and what movies dont and i dont belive movies like the Hurt Locker are great just for the fact are made so people win awards, i actually belive that is killing the movie industry and is a cancer that it should be destroy.

I like all type of movies, dont matter the budget or the genre i love movies, thing that Rotten Tomatoes dont, so the only thing i have to say to Rotten Tomatoes is EAT SHIT!!!!

Also The Hurt Locker Sucks was the only movie Nominated Worst that Avatar.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By CharlieJade

it has made a lot for WB and DC

http://actionbash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-The-Mask-money-pants.jpg

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#107 k4tzm4n  Moderator

It may have mostly mixed/negative reviews from critics and has divided comic fans on forums (even then I see far more positive than negative), but it brought in a lot of cash and the general audience definitely seems to like it:

• 82% from users on Rotten Tomatoes
    • Poll on CBR was widely positive (75% gave a B or above)
    • 8.4 user score on metacritic
    • 8.2 on IMDB.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I read as well that it already made its budget back in domestic alone.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ciriel

There are many reasons why I do not like this movie. I did not like the characters; they were very bland. There was no purpose for half of them. Flashbacks can be out of order, but I did not like how this movie handled them specifically. I did not get a good feel of character development. I'm feeling rather blah about everything but the action(I actually support the special effects, how else could you do it?), and one extra aspect that I like about it. I like the concept that his powers are like a schizophrenia for him until he learns to control them. Blah blah blah. I could go on

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at me thinking a 72% (at the time), was a flop. Has dropped to a 56% since then. Truly shows how high the hype was for this movie. Honestly thought it could be the greatest cbm ever. I don't agree with RT all the time, but I do on this occasion.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: I gotta ask, did you see it for a second time? It flows better in the second viewing.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#113  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Truly shows how high the hype was for this movie. Honestly thought it could be the greatest cbm ever.

I don't see how critics not liking it should be attributed to the hype instead of their personal gripes. Having some expectations are understandable, but letting strong ones dictate your review seems like a flawed approach to me. What I mean by that is if a critic goes in expecting it to be the best CBM and hates it because it's not, then, in my opinion, they're not doing their job right. But hey, to each their own, I suppose.

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this movie is already the best non Nolan DC movie ever, I'd say that's not a flop. I would say I liked it better than Iron Man 3 but not as much as The Avengers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flopping only means it failed at the box office. Which, as far as I have seen it didn't. It has been reviewed poorly though. Not like I care about what critics think.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally hate both of those sites.

Metacritic is from anyone. Rotten Tomatoes is with a bunch of people with their head too far up their ass with expectations to give any fun movie a fair chance. No thanks.

I enjoyed Iron Man 3 for what it was, even disregarding that twist everyone hates for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'll absolutely have fun, and love Man Of Steel. Hell, my friends will probably enjoy it too.

Why? Because we're not pricks like the "professional reviewers" at Rotten Tomatoes. That's why.

I applaud you sir, couldn't of said it better myself.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines: I gotta ask, did you see it for a second time? It flows better in the second viewing.

I've seen it twice. Wasn't better.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Truly shows how high the hype was for this movie. Honestly thought it could be the greatest cbm ever.

I don't see how critics not liking it should be attributed to the hype instead of their personal gripes. Having some expectations are understandable, but letting strong ones dictate your review seems like a flawed approach to me. What I mean by that is if a critic goes in expecting it to be the best CBM and hates it because it's not, then, in my opinion, they're not doing their job right. But hey, to each their own, I suppose.

I meant how high my own hype was for the movie. Should've clarified.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...If anything the movie is not a flop and looks like its on its way to a billion. Hopefully the second one will be better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.