Man of Steel - 'Fate of Your Planet' Trailer

• 184 results
#151 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Rich711, wow so much wrong with that post. You do know in the world of comics, games and animation DC stomps Marvel right? lol Avengers took mutliple heroes to break the DK record which consisted on one character...nuff said. Wait until JL comes out, it will break your Avengers...MOS will be so much better then Avengers.

@jamdamage said:

@turoksonofstone:

desperation???? I see nothing but epicness.

I agree, this movie is going to stomp Wolverine...lol and I want to see both movies but I agree, this movie looks nothing but good. The trailers alone were better then the entire Superman Returns movie...lol

#152 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the best trailer I've seen thus far in this year!! Whoa! I cannot wait to see that movie.

Trailer = 10/10!!!

#153 Posted by Polemicalhero (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Referencing the "Ratchet Girl Anthem": "Got it, bout to put this thang on twitter"(My ADV. Ticket).

#154 Edited by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

My only real fear for the film at this point is that it may get lost in the amount of information its going to need to put all of these events and characters together. While its good in a way that we don't know how Krypton is destroyed (if it even is, according to rumors, however I wouldn't really be upset if Krypton wasn't destroyed but somehow everyone on it killed, same by an Eradicator weapon or something similar, and all that is left of the planet are crumbling ruins which could make for an interesting backdrop in a later film) because that leaves something for the film to explain it just seems like there is going to be an information and Kryptonian mythology aspect to this film that is either going to be quickly glossed over or talked about too much, both of which could bring the film down overall. Hopefully that won't happen.

I'm also not thrilled by the look of Zod and his soldiers, mostly because the armor doesn't look advanced enough for the type of culture Krypton was. I feel like it should look sleeker, slimmer, more body forming and not so much like ancient armor given some wires and tubing. It looks a bit too Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout than what I would expect Kryptonian armor to look like.

But, I do like the look of the ship and what we've seen of Krypton so far. Getting tired of seeing the crystal look in each interpretation.

At the end of the day though this film is going to shine on performances, just as the Superman: The Movie did, and if I have high confidence in anything its the assembling of amazing actors and actresses that have been given such iconic roles. When I rewatch Superman: The Movie, while that film definitely excelled because of the fun and thrill it brought, some of the stuff in it would have been really bad (such as the Luthor and Otis specific scenes) if not for Reeve, Hackman, Brando, Kidder, Cooper, Ford, and the others who really brought those characters to life and were able to convey some bad dialog and carry some awkward scenes so marvelously that the movie just moved and flowed perfectly. I think Cavill can give us a great Clark Kent and Superman cause he's been great in everything I've seen him in so far and when you add to that such powerhouses like Costner, Crowe, Adams, Lane, Shannon, and Fishburne I think we're going to be in for a treat and even if some of the scenes and some of the dialog falter with this talent I think its going to work.

#155 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

The initial video pic looked like Doomsday in my feed reader.

I had mixed feelings about that...until I expanded and saw that it wasn't him. :-)

#156 Edited by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Zod is an actor hired by Lex Luthor to bring out Superman.

Funny, I actually wouldn't mind that one bit. Probably would like it actually.

I guess I don't care, at all, if they change villains. Well i can't say that. I don't care, at all, if they change villains I don't care about.

As long as Supes delivers a beat-down, I'm good :-)

His comic is called Action Comics for a reason. Well if this movie doesn't deliver I can always watch Fast 6 for my action fix.

#157 Posted by trebean (647 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that this has been long who where in Zod's freaking army again?

I confused the names of Ursa (The girl) with Non (The giant dude).and other than Faura, who else is there?

#158 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

NERDGASM!!!!

#159 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Superman sinking into a pit of human skulls was intense. I'm looking forward to this more and more, but I don't want any more trailers. At this rate, we'll see the whole thing before June 14.

#160 Posted by Cyborg6971 (192 posts) - - Show Bio

The Zod actor also has an ugly face which might turn off lots of movie goers.

Full retard much?

#161 Edited by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hell, I don't actually give a shit. Gay or not; you're all just a bunch of money mouths. Just walking around talking and eating..." LOL

#162 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gosh. So much name-calling and nonsense in this thread.

It seems either you fall in line and support the movie or something is wrong with you.

lol, sure DC fanboys Whatever u say.

#163 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

First movie of my summer. Cant wait.

#164 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Nope.Zod is a drunk actor from krypton whowas hired by brainiac :P

What?!?! No! Zod is the guardian of Faora who happens to be the daughter of Lex Luthor (aka the real Brainiac) who Superman killed in Superman Begins before he went into hiding! That's why Faora (real name Ursa Brainiac) orchestrated the siege of Earth. As a form of revenge for killing his father.

#165 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

What?!?! No! Zod is the guardian of Faora who happens to be the daughter of Lex Luthor (aka the real Brainiac) who Superman killed in Superman Begins before he went into hiding! That's why Faora (real name Ursa Brainiac) orchestrated the siege of Earth. As a form of revenge for killing his father.

It seems she will break Superman's bank account then.

#166 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

First trailer I have seen for the movie and for me, it looks kinda cool. I don't read Superman (at least, not until recently) so maybe that's a good thing since I don't have any expectations outside of a good story with lots of action.

#167 Edited by trebean (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

And all of this happened because Superman told the Kryptonians over by telling them his address.

#168 Posted by The Stegman (24344 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Only after Zod breaks the Superman, and kidnaps him, dropping him into a cave where he has to overcome his fear and climb up a tall wall only then to realize he can fly and just floats out.

#169 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptical, I had no desire to see it but it looks awesome, lots of fighting always a plus. I assume it will be very little plot and a lot of action and I'm fine with that. Snyder is a good director (hopefully he eases up o the slow-mo usage) I'm anxious to see this.

#170 Posted by Birthright (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Something that caught my interest was the fact that Zod and Faora are beating Supes ass while they have the Kryptonian armor while at the end of the trailer Zod has no armor and is getting his ass handed to him. Is possible that the suit allows Zod and Ursa to absorb sunlight more efficiently? Supes should be stronger for being under the sun longer but they suit would make them superior to Supes. Plus they are more experience fighters. Also I believe Clark will find Kara at the end of the movie.

#171 Edited by SHTR (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply fantastic.

#172 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Only after Zod breaks the Superman, and kidnaps him, dropping him into a cave where he has to overcome his fear and climb up a tall wall only then to realize he can fly and just floats out.

Haha! Plot holes. Like that one in the end.... People thought Supes died in that nuke explosion... He's the goddamn Superman, of course he'll live!!!!

#173 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Haha! Plot holes. Like that one in the end.... People thought Supes died in that nuke explosion... He's the goddamn Superman, of course he'll live!!!!

He'll be at a coffee shop in Europe with Wonder Woman.

#174 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

#175 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

Exactamundo.

#176 Posted by The Stegman (24344 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:
@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

Exactamundo.

And the female Jimmy Olsen discovers the Fortress of Solitude and becomes not so Super girl

#177 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

This film looks awesome, I just hope it is as good as it seems on the trailer.

#178 Posted by Arinya (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! This looks gorgeous. Question...if Supes is an alien from another universe, why do they speak English? It always bugged me when I was little.

#179 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

s'gonna be awesome!

#180 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "chief"

#181 Posted by lordraiden (7075 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "chief"

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "Mr White"!

#182 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The Transformers movies did make an effort to explain how the Transformers learned english. Thor was silly bec. the norse gods not only could speak english but talked in funny english. Hopefully, the Superman movie will have some explanation on how all the kryptonians learned english. My guess on how Superman manages to beat more than a dozen kryptonians is maybe Faora breaks Superman's balls and Superman goes into a berserker rage and kills all of the evil kryptonians. the end.

#183 Posted by Bloxx (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdork: Whoa, what if they were the skulls of dead Krytonians! :O

#184 Edited by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

Could that be Green Lantern at 0:44?

#185 Posted by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

I will find him!!!

#186 Posted by NightFang (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hyped at this movie!

#187 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Could that be Green Lantern at 0:44?

most likely Kal-El's pod coming to Earth

#188 Edited by w0nd (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloxx: i figured it was a bunch of charred humans lol

#189 Posted by w0nd (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: i think for an origin story of superman that would be pointless...even fr easter egg cameo sake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.