Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Man Of Steel 2 What Would You Do?

• 53 results
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Since DC has fast tracked a sequel to Man of Steel I was wondering what everybody thinks should happen in it.

• What should they call it? Man of Steel 2 or something else?
    • What should the main storyline be?
    • What characters should they introduce?
    • Should they alter his costume and if so how?
    • What bad guys should be in the film?
    • What Easter eggs would you like to see?
    • Cameos?
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The way it ended perfectly sets up Lex Luthor as an anti-Superman person. The main theme should be about trust. After the battle with Zod people would be weary of Superman since his race almost tore the planet in half and Metropolis was left in shambles.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sandman_: Any thoughts on the name of the film or costume ect?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Man Of Tomorrow

As far as the costume goes...I don't know...I would change the hair though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Yea Man of Tomorrow is what I would call it as well

Well nearly every superhero film makes some alterations to the costume after each film but I'm just not sure how they would do it foe Superman, I mean, where would he get it?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SandMan_

@jonny_anonymous: That's the thing. We don't even have a Fortress Of Solitude yet. This suit is kryptonian. Where would he get it? Or where would he alter it?

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wound't change the costume just the hair and I would call the movie The Last Son of Krypton with Brainiac as the main villain and Lex Luthor as a side anti-Superman villain that becomes the main villain in the third film.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man of Chrome.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sandman_: Well we did have the Fortress of Solitude it just got wrecked at the end

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well maybe we will get another one. What about you? what do you think the sequel should be about? I think it might be a Lex/Metallo combo.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Well we did have the Fortress of Solitude it just got wrecked at the end

Well in the prequel comic the ship has a auto repair system although how far can it repair itself is unknown. The ship is also somewhat organic so is possible that Superman can repair it alongside the auto repair system. The problem is he doesn't have a key now unless he uses the one Zod left.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Yea I really like Lex/Metallo combo for the second and then have Brainiac as the big bad in the 3rd also with Lex again as a side

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Well in the prequel comic the ship has a auto repair system although how far can it repair itself is unknown. The ship is also somewhat organic so is possible that Superman can repair it alongside the auto repair system. The problem is he doesn't have a key now unless he uses the one Zod left.

Well I suppose now I think about it he doesn't really need it to "work" if he's just gonna use it as a fortress

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Eh, I would just use Lex on the second one. No need to oversaturate him in the movies again. But yes Brainiac should be left for the final movie. But he is just another alien invasion. Maybe JL would be better. I do have one critic here though. This movie passed the perfect opportunity to introduced Brainiac to the universe. He would just come out of nowhere.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sandman_: I just always really liked the idea of Lex thinking helping Brainiac would be the greater good like in JLU and Morrisons Action Comics. I don't think they should have another alien invasion of the JL film as it's to close to Avengers, they should at least spin it a bit so it could be Darkseid invading from an alt reality or something. I agree that they missed there chance, they could have used that AI that Jor El kept taking to as Brainiac.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_

@jonny_anonymous: Eh, not sure how it would look like in the context on the movie. But yes. I'm not sure where the treat for JL is gonna come from. Brainiac at least had some connection to Superman if he was introduced in MOS.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first thing I'd do is use a villain that isn't Lex Luthor.

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

luthor trying to make a bazarro. it gets loose or something. call it "superman". I want it to be after the jl movie. I want to see the watchtower.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I want Lex in the movie but I don't want him to be the main villain just yet, maybe set up some animosity between the two while a threat bigger than Zod shows up and then in part 3 have Lex step up and show that despite all Superman's power his biggest threat is a human. I also say we keep Kryptonite on the back burner until near the end of the sequel, like have Superman be shown on a news clip and stumbles across some and feels weakened but Lex is the first to make the connection and there you have a perfectly justifiable reason for a human threat to be taken seriously.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@joshmightbe: What are your thoughts on the name and the suit?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: The suit is fine but I would like them to actually call him Superman.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Well they did call him Superman, once lol but I mean the name of the next film Man of Steel 2 or something else?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I watched the film again and although I still find the end shocking I enjoyed the film more overall

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I better see Lex Luthor in the next movie, they already hinted at him with the LexCorp trucks.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous:

Title: Man of Tomorrow

Villain(s): Lex Luthor, Metallo, Glen Woodburn (Lois' contact in the first film)

Plot: It is 6 months after the Kryptonian terrorist known as General Zod attacked Metropolis. Billionaire Lex Luthor has stepped up and started his "The City of Tomorrow" tomorrow project, single handedly leading the task to rebuild what was destroyed. Because of this, he is called "The Man of Tomorrow". Public opinion of Superman is mixed. Some believe him to be a force of good, the man that saved millions in his fight with Zod, others believe him to be a menace, and the reason Zod arrived in the first place. Luthor, who has been studying Superman, has deemed the alien a danger to Earth and its people. He says this during several press interviews. However, many still love the Man of Steel, so it leads Luthor to take more drastic measures. We see him going into an underground base under Lexcorp where we see a man floating in a tube, wires connected to him. On the tank, we see the name "J. Corben"

Flashback. We see days after Superman and Zod's battle Corben is hospitalized, he was injured in the destruction, he now is in an iron long and unable to move or speak. His wife and son were killed in the attack. Luthor approaches him in the hospital and says he can help John seek retribution on the man who ruined his life, he offers him to be apart of Project Metallo" We then see Lex studying the flight patterns Superman exhibits and notices he frequents a place in the Artic. Lex finds Superman's fortress, and notices debris around it. Including a mysterious green rock. Upon taking the rock, he studies it, seeing that it is alien in origin. He had taken some of Superman's DNA (for later use in his Bizarro project) and noticed the cells decayed when exposed to the rock.

Back to the present. Superman is fighting a series of salvaged and reprogrammed robots that engineering genius, Winslow Schott (Toyman) has turned into heinous creatures. After defeating them. He is immediately attacked by Metallo, now having a heart made of Kryptonite. Superman is defeated, Lex reveals that his Metallo is only one in a new series of ''super men'' who will be honest and forth coming with the government, work along side them, and not keep their identities secret.

MEANWHILE: As a Lois plot point, Glen could be investigating the Planet's new employee, Clark Kent. He finds it curious how a man with no formal education, nor experience in media, suddenly becomes a staff member. He has his growing suspicions that there's more to Clark than meets the eye, Lois has to convince him otherwise.

Now, Superman must find a way to stop Lex, clear his name and find out more about the rock that nearly killed him.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

Nice, but I remember Snyder saying he has no plans to ever introduce kryptonite in his film. Similar to how a lot of you believe Lex Luthor has been done to death, Snyder believes the same of the green rock. So I don't think it will be appearing in the second film. However, that's not to say Metallo won't, or atleast a slightly altered version of him. To replace kryptonite, Snyder made krytpons atmosphere poisonous to Superman, so maybe that would be incorporated into a new Metallo?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman:

Nice, but I remember Snyder saying he has no plans to ever introduce kryptonite in his film. Similar to how a lot of you believe Lex Luthor has been done to death, Snyder believes the same of the green rock. So I don't think it will be appearing in the second film. However, that's not to say Metallo won't, or atleast a slightly altered version of him. To replace kryptonite, Snyder made krytpons atmosphere poisonous to Superman, so maybe that would be incorporated into a new Metallo?

He said there would be no Kryptonite in Man of Steel, did he say the same about all his films? Cause honestly, even if it's been done to death, it's still a crucial part of Superman's mythos. Like Lex Luthor.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Birthright

I much rather not see Kryptonite. Not to mention this Superman isn't invincible. Lex Luthor or the army could create a weapon strong enough to stop him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#31  Edited By batmannflash

After the events of Man of Steel, Lex Luthor freaks out, knowing that there are men more powerful than him somewhere out there. So using his intellect and technology of LexCorp, he finds Brainiac and tells him of Superman. Brainiac fights Superman with Lex working in the shadows. Brainiac decides to shrink Metropolis/other cities so Lex has to create a suit to help Superman fight him. Superman doesn't know that Luthor has been behind this all. At the end when Brainiac is gone, it shows Lex meet Amanda Waller and talk about "Project Cadmus." Show them open a huge door and an unfinished Doomsday.

Title.... I wouldn't mind Man of Steel 2.

I wouldn't change anything about Superman's look. More Easter Eggs for Wayne Enterprises, Star Labs, mention Gotham City, Central City, etc...

Cameos after the credits for Batman. Superman sees him as a threat and suddenly Batman pulls out Kryptonite and explains it to him, calming Superman for a little bit. Then he talks about a "team" of some sort

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By russellmania77

-Man of steel: insert title

-brainiac has followed zod's ship to earth, shows sups that he has saved kandor, and also traps supes yada yada

-brainiac, lex, Lana Lang, and supergirl

-sure, something little like a belt or something

-brainiac

-something that has to do with the justice league

-batman

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I know it contradicts Braniac's original history. But I would like to see a Anti-Superman group use the technology from Krypton to create new weapons. And as a result release a hostile AI that becomes Braniac.

Avatar image for showboatingpenguin
    ShowboatingPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sequel would be like a smear campaign against Superman by Luthor

Luthor uses security footage from the location of where Superman kills Zod, shows it live to everyone to see the dark side of him, even reminds them of the collateral damage of the city, and that the reason Zod and his allies invaded was because of Superman.

We also need Metallo and/or Parasite as a physical challenge for Superman created by Luthor.

Last battle would be Luthor fighting Superman with his battle suit and include it with red sun solar rays

No Caption Provided

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad

Option 1

• What should they call it? Man of Steel 2 or something else? - The Man of Tomorrow (although to be honest, Man of Steel could have been a great and ideal sequel title if the first film had been entitled The Last Son of Krypton)
    • What should the main storyline be? - What's so funny about truth, justice, and the American Way? Superman against the Elite. I'd love to see them tackle his unyielding ethics especially after the neckbreaking finale of the first film. The Elite turns out to be backed by Luthor to discredit Superman and his ideals.
    • What characters should they introduce? -The Elite, Lex Luthor, Dan Turpin
    • Should they alter his costume and if so how? -Not Yet.
    • What bad guys should be in the film? -The Elite. They can be changed somewhat. For example Manchester Black could be less blatantly British, etc. Of course, Luthor. Some terrorists that Superman lets live and then escapes and kills again (to show his ways of letting people live might be flawed from other people's point of view)
    • What Easter eggs would you like to see? -Doomsday, Darkseid or Brainiac forthcoming. Also Cadmus.
    • Cameos? - Some other superhero they'd have released by then.

Option 2

• What should they call it? Man of Steel 2 or something else? - Superman: The Last Son of Krytpon
    • What should the main storyline be? - Brainiac becomes a remnant AI from the defeated forces of Zod and was not sent to the Phantom Zone. His consciousness is transferred into Earth's information world where he silently builds up strength until he encounters Luthor. The two form an alliance against Superman. Their alliance brings about technology to make Metallo. Superman (with the help of Turpin) uncover the plot. Superman dukes it out with both Metallo and armored Luthor, Brainiac is taken down by Star Labs... Post-credits, we see Brainiac survive and escape Earth only to reach Apokolips.
    • What characters should they introduce? -Brainiac, Luthor, Metallo, Kryptonite, Star Labs scientists, Dan Turpin
    • Should they alter his costume and if so how? -Not the main one but have a new costume that is minimally Kryptonite-resistant.
    • What bad guys should be in the film? -Brainiac, Luthor, Metallo, perhaps someone like Toyman as a preliminary non-main threat just to show Superman still fights crimes.
    • What Easter eggs would you like to see? -Darkseid. Cadmus.
    Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

I think the story should focus on how Superman affects the human race, and should actually display the impacts his actions have on humanity, and its technology. And then we'd get Lex Luthor. And I don't want them to show Superman as someone who just takes on minor crimes, I want the movies to depict Superman as someone who only takes care of actual, galactic-level threats

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@the_stegman:

He said there would be no Kryptonite in Man of Steel, did he say the same about all his films? Cause honestly, even if it's been done to death, it's still a crucial part of Superman's mythos. Like Lex Luthor.

But which is more important, Lex or Kryptoninte? I think kryptonite could be done away with completely without hurting the Superman mythos. However, the same can't be said for Lex...at least in my opinion. But anyways, concering the green rocks appearance in the films, i'm not too sure. Either of us could be right.

Option 1

• What should they call it? Man of Steel 2 or something else? - The Man of Tomorrow (although to be honest, Man of Steel could have been a great and ideal sequel title if the first film had been entitled The Last Son of Krypton)
    • What should the main storyline be? - What's so funny about truth, justice, and the American Way? Superman against the Elite. I'd love to see them tackle his unyielding ethics especially after the neckbreaking finale of the first film. The Elite turns out to be backed by Luthor to discredit Superman and his ideals.
    • What characters should they introduce? -The Elite, Lex Luthor, Dan Turpin
    • Should they alter his costume and if so how? -Not Yet.
    • What bad guys should be in the film? -The Elite. They can be changed somewhat. For example Manchester Black could be less blatantly British, etc. Of course, Luthor. Some terrorists that Superman lets live and then escapes and kills again (to show his ways of letting people live might be flawed from other people's point of view)
    • What Easter eggs would you like to see? -Doomsday, Darkseid or Brainiac forthcoming. Also Cadmus.

I like this one a lot!!

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give this a more dignified response, I think it's deserving

• Definitely not Man of Steel 2, it sounds awful. But I can't think of a name that I can absolutely decide on right now, from what I've seen here though Man of Tomorrow isn't bad.
    • The main story should take place around a year after Man of Steel, and it should have Metropolis in the midst of trying to repair itself and the world trying to return to normal now that aliens exist and have caused nearly the end of the world and the destruction of a huge populated area. Superman should have the public, not exactly liking him, and the main leader against him could be Lex Luthor. Lex could set out to kill Superman and be the kind of guy who rallies the public against Superman, but really he's just jealous of someone who is that godlike.
    • Lex Luthor, Metallo
    • His costume was fine, it wouldn't make sense to change it.
    • Lex Luthor
    • Darkseid
    • Bruce Wayne
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Glad you liked it... I think you're the only one. I pitched the idea to my friends and all of them despised it. Nyahahahahaha....

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow I see Superman finding Paradise Island and finding out that Kara has been there all these years

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I much rather not see Kryptonite. Not to mention this Superman isn't invincible. Lex Luthor or the army could create a weapon strong enough to stop him.

Yeah. A tactical nuclear warhead that would probably take out a lot more than Superman if they ain't careful.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow I see Superman finding Paradise Island and finding out that Kara has been there all these years

Neat.

canofbenes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel 2

Brainiac

Supergirl

Lex Luthor

Ultraman

You cant beat that right there. If we dont get a supergirl in man of steel 2, i will be severely disappointed. Also more of supermans powers need to be in like, superspeed running, super breath, and an emphasis on his superior intellect, and a movie with brainiac would be great to bring that power in.

I would like to see a scene with brainiac and lex luthor trying to figure out how superman does what he does, even sometimes defying the laws of physics by capturing people at mach 2 or more. i dont need some over try at attempting to explain it in full, but i dont know, i just think it would be dope to see them bring up the whole tactile telekinesis thing, and see them fear that potentially superman could become a literal god if he wanted to, with no limit to what he can do and is only haulted by his human emotions and fear of being too much of an outcast, etc... thats just a random thing id like to see. lol

but anyways yeah, i think my list of characters would make man of steel 2 the greatest thing ever and they could all easily fit in the movie and make sense.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lilben42

@jonny_anonymous: Since supposedly the second movie is going to lead into a Justice League movie, my choices would be

- Name: Man of Tomorrow... I guess

- Villain: Lex, Metallo

- Story: Lex is in the process of rebuilding Metropolis. Superman has become both famous and infamous. Superheroes around the world begin to show themselves. At the same time a laboratory funded by Lex has been paid to figure out how Zods suit works. They figure it out but when one of the scientists brother, (Jon Corbnen) gets paralyzed in a car accident and his heart is punctured. The scientist turns him into a Cyborg but it needs a power source. While, Clark just getting over last years events. Things are finally starting to settle down. When a mysterious meteor lands on Earth, everything changes.

- Introduce: Luthor, Jon Corben, The scientist

- Costume: Give him a belt

- Cameo: Bruce not Batman

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it should be called Man of Steel the Reckoning

I beleive the best way to continue the story would be to say Lex stumbles upon Kryptonite one one of Zod's wrecked ships.I would go on a limb and change the mythos a bit.You see we need to see the Fortress of Solitude built, it is a repository of Kryptonian knowledge.So Zod had the green Krystal as his repository and this is where Brainiac the main villain will come in.We can say he is the digitised matrix of Kryptonian knowledge in the crystal form. However when Lex at his cadmus lab tampers with the Crystal , he either releases Brainiac or is taken over by him.I want Brainiac in the sequel to be modelled along the lines of the Smallville Brainiac which I think was genuis, a T-1000 like nanocell liquid form that has a default shape(to be played by an actor) and can mould its form to copy different abilities.So that we can have a Brainiac that can posess the abilities of Zod but be much harder to kill.

Anyway after Superman battles him he manages to either destroy him or somehow shut him down , the substance he is made of forms the Fortess of Solitude,which would make sense if he is a compendium of Kryptonan knowledge as it were, but the original rock he was contained in always has his residual essence or alteration that makes the crystal maintain its green hue and remains a weakening agent for superman.

Oh and in the sequel , we need to get an introduction , even if by cameo of Jon Jonnz.I beleive we need to prepare characters for the Justice League movie. I had an idea of how the Martian could play a bigger role, but i think I'll put that on ice since it's going to take away lots of screen time off superman.So to me Brainiac would be the best villain for the sequel, plus if he and Lex build a robot army as is popular with big budget spectacle blockbusters then we have an Avengers beater on our hands for sure.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do wonder though. How would Doomsday fit in this?

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Lex Luthor is the bad guy, I prefer him using his genius rather than just taking the Kryptonite route. Have him create a Gravity Gun or some other weapons. For example, he gets Zod's armor and upgrades it with weapons, canons, shields, etc. I don't want another Superman The Movie or Superman Returns plot.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Perezite

@sandman_ said:

I do wonder though. How would Doomsday fit in this?

I'd go a Braniac route, with Doomsday too. Would you like to know more?

Avatar image for supermanofsteel
    SuperManofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see Kara introduced and a battles against Furies and New Gods, leading into a confrontation with Darkseid in either Man of Steel 3 or Justice League.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The common people's reaction on Superman, MOS pretty much focused on the concept of Superman (Heck that's all of the material in the script, speeches about Superman), but they never tackled it, that's what I felt made the movie lackluster (I'm not hating it, I like it, but not on a Batman 89' Comic Book Movie level).

Also more side character development, MOS focuses on Superman, maybe a bit too much, making actors like Lawrence Fishbourne and Amy Adams acting feel bland.

Also STAR Labs, that's a must, and the Daily Planet Globe, and a few alterations on his costume (It's not bad, but it can use a few adjustments).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.