Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Man of Steel 2 predictions?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone. I started a thread in the Batman forum asking how people thought they could write a fight between Batman and Clark in MoS2 (since there is no kryptonite) and it's got a lot of discussion going (not really a lot of answers though!!!). Anyway, thought I'd start another Man of Steel 2 thread on here. I thought it might be fun if people added their own predictions for things they think will happen in this film and we can see how accurate people are the more we learn about and when we eventually see the film. I think a lot of people believe there will be a : Lex+Bruce rebuild metropolis, Batman+Superman initial conflict, Batman+Superman team up to take down villain plot, so would be interesting to hear any other thoughts people have that I haven't really thought about. Anyway here is a really long and specific prediction for things I think will happen in this film.

• Lex will be in it!
    • Lex has been rebuilding Metropolis
    • Lex is tarnishing Superman's name, playing off all the death and destruction caused and the fact he is a Kryptonian like Zod
    • A lot of people will agree with Lex and are scared of Superman
    • Superman agrees on some level with Lex, and has self doubts
    • Lexcorp and Wayne Industries have a partnership of some sort for the rebuilding of Metropolis
    • Bruce Wayne hits on Lois Lane
    • Batman has been monitoring and studying up as much as he possibly can about how to take down Superman anyway (because he's Batman and he's paranoid as hell and doesn't trust anyone)
    • Bruce uses the Kryptonian armor/ship/weapons to synthesise a small chunk of rock that recreates the effects of Krypton's atmosphere that weakens Superman. He calls it Kryptonite and he keeps it in a lead box
    • Bats goes to check on and monitor Superman while Superman is in the middle of his save the day stuff
    • However, at this scene, Clark accidentally messes up during his heroics (maybe causes more damage and destruction maybe even accidentally injures but not kill some people) and Batman swoops down and gives him a Batkick to avert some sort of danger (I don't know maybe Superman doesn't realise the dangerous consequence of burning away that support beam with his heat vision, something like that, you get the jist)
    • Batman decides he's too dangerous and has had enough, it's time to take him down
    • Superman peeks under the cowl, sees it's Bruce Wayne
    • Batman and Superman fight! Bruce has a power suit and Kryptonite (all I can think of!!)
    • Batman wins/ takes him down (sorry it's just what i think would happen in this film)
    • We hear some sort of Snyder variation of the line "I want you to remember the one man who beat you"
    • Superman gets a Bat lecture about the danger his powers pose
    • However, Batman lets Superman get up to go and save some people nearby who are about to get crushed by a falling building (or something like that), he looks back at Batman then flies off, with serious self doubt now about whether or not he knows what he's doing
    • At his apartment, Clark finds a tracer on his cape, he sees Bruce in the far distant rooftops staring at him with Bat binoculars (I would love this scene to play out exactly like in the DCAU)
    • Next day, Bruce and Clark have a conversation, we learn more about Bruce's parents getting killed, blah, blah, blah
    • Bruce confirms his new belief that he thinks Clark is trying to help, but he still thinks he's dangerous. He tells Clark about the Kryptonite and how the lead box contains it.
    • Bruce brings up the fact Clark killed Zod, how he never kills and how Clark wiith all his power should never make the choice to take a life
    • We get some sort of affirmation that Batman is the true identity of Bruce, but Clark is the true identity of Superman at some point during the film
    • Bruce heads back to Gotham
    • Meanwhile Lex has used this latest incident to whip up a frenzy of people against Superman, introduces a kryptonian clone he has created, Bizarro to be a true protector and save us from Superman
    • However, Bizarro is a nut case and starts going on a rampage in Metropolis, his only mission is to kill superman and he won't stop until that happens
    • Superman does everything he can to hold back as much as possible, take the fight away from civilian areas and the city and cause as little damage as possible and what not, but in the end Bizarro is just too crazy and hell bent on destroying Superman he doesn't care about the people of Metropolis
    • In the end, we get a very similar situation to when Clark broke Zod's neck, Superman realises if he battles Bizarro it will destroy half the city again and many could die again, he refuses to take another life again, he knows Bizarro will only stop when he is destroyed. He decides to willingly sacrifice himself to Bizarro and starts getting beaten silly.
    • But then the Bat plane flies in!!! Batman fires in his chunk of Kryptonite and some missiles and what not, draws Bizarro's attention away from Superman, leads him elsewhere and leaves him under a pile of some rubble and the Kryptonite
    • Bruce goes to fetch Superman, helps him up, we get some sort of "that won't keep him down long" and "the World needs Superman" speech, and then we get an epic showdown from the World's finest where we get to see the epic strategies, tactics, stealth and gadgets of Batman and the awesomely incredible powers of Superman unleashed on Bizarro to take him down and out, while saving Metropolis and the people from any insane amount of destruction like last time
    • Fanboys (myself included) cream their pants
    • News stories all over the world on the amazing team up of Batman and Superman saving the day. Clark has regained his belief and confidence again that he's good for the World
    • Meanwhile we see Lex again is descending into insanity, seeing that he is obsessed with Superman and all his new work is focused on him, maybe even see some plans for Metallo or for Lex's battle suit
    • End Credits
    • Post Credits
    • Clark is in the Batcave talking to Bruce. Says something like "I think you left this at the battle", or whatever, then produces the lead box. Bruce peeks inside to see the Krptonite and looks at Clark, who says something like "You know, if I did ever lose control, I want to know there's someone I can trust to stop me", thus we get our version of the famous Clark giving Bruce the Kryptonite ring
    • Clark says something along the lines of "We make a good team you know, when things really get out of hand, maybe you and I should work together more often"
    • Bruce spins round in his chair to look at the Batscreens, one is showing the Flash, another showing GL, etc. He replies "Why just you and me?". BOOM, go to black screen.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It would take me a while to type out what I think should happen like you did but Im going to give you things I want to see.

-I dont think Bruce should create Kryptonite but instead Lex should, that's his whole point. I know Batman's a detective but he's not smarter than Lex. Lex should be the one to decipher kryptonitan tech and kryptonite, Batman should find out Clark is Superman, Ill give you that.

-Lex and Bruce have a charity trying to rebuild Metropolis.

-I want Batman to not trust Superman through out the entire thing, and maybe see a little under 5min confrontation. Where Superman not only wins but assures Batman he's here to help. Batman makes it clear that he knows he's Clark Kent and Superman pays in kind buy either x ray or taking of his mask.

-We see Lex has found out about kryptonite by testing it on Superman's hair or something, and he employs his kryptonite trap. Superman falls for it and Batman has to save his ass. Batman takes Superman to his hotel room and heals him up.

-Lex tries plan B, and recreates either Bizzarro clones or Metallo.

-Batman takes care of Lex and Superman takes care of the big guns.

-In the end Batman gives Superman the Kryptonite that he found on Lex and give it to him in a lead box. Superman hands it back to him saying he should keep it just in case, understands his fear but he's hear to help. After which we see that Bruce had already kept some Kryptonite in which he starts to trust Clark and sees that Clark is a good person and a better man.

Its an overly simplified version but I agree with the Kryptonite giving cus it shows that Superman is a good man and inspires through hope, which is what people are bitching about, Honestly I would have perfered Wonder Woman, that way we see that the world engine shook up Paradise Island and the Amazons are not only pissed but Steve Trevor landed on that Island cus of the world engine. Wonder Woman heads to the main land on boat with an army of Amazons. The daily planet hears of this boat taking down navy ships and fighter jets. Superman heads over to them and tries to talk with them thinking they are kryptonians. Suprised to find out they arent he tries to talk to them but because of Diana's stubborn men hating ways, she beats the shit out of Superman, but Superman is able to match her fighting skill by being stronger and more durable. So he stale mates the fight. I havent thought of what would happen after but Lex would still be the villian with an army of Bizzaros. At the end we see that Bruce has been keeping tabs on them and thinks its time he meets with them. We see files on all meta human heroes and who they are, including Clark.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Whoah, that's a lot of predictions.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.