Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Looking for good Superman and Wonder Women books

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Any suggestions on great books to read for these guys. I was out of comics for a bit do to a few deployments and have lots of catching up to do.

Sorry had to Edit this post was not near my pc at the time I made it so it was short and to the point.

I used to buy up everything that had this couple in comics and read allot of fan fiction as well but it is not the same as seeing some of the artwork and the story together.

Kingdom Come was good but it could have been better but that is all I know of.

I heard of the one that they spent 1000 years away doing but when they said he was faithful the whole time it was over kill and even Lois would have understood if he had strayed for being gone so long. I could believe the thousand years but not the whole relationship thing. Anybody would have fallin in deep after 1 year yet alone 1000 years.

So has a writer done anything with this couple that A. is a good writer and B. has good artwork.

I could settle on a good fan fiction some of those are really good and well put together.

So please give me some place good to start fill the post with positive places and above all stay nice.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Kingdom Come is the only one that comes to mind (which you just stated). Red Son and Injustice both have SM/WW moments but that's more of a one way thing, Diana admires him. There's also that one story where they get zapped with some sort of lust spell by a greek god, but that's resolved by the end of the issue. An other story where they loose their powers, but that story is terrible (for other reasons). I seem to recall some Silver Age stories where they date more openly, Clark catches Diana who is naked after having Lava on her clothes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

There aren't any, because it's a terrible relationship.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

There aren't any, because it's a terrible relationship.

YOu're already breaking one of the rules of the OP. Way to go Baka

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: Where is that rule?

So please give me some place good to start fill the post with positive places and above all stay nice.

Baka!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I think that you’re overestimating SM/WW publication history. I read plenty of Superman’s Elseworlds – compared to Clark and Diana’s relationship and characterization in Kingdome Come, nothing comes even close. Mainstream comics – well, here and there some friendship moments with undertones of something deeper and more intimate, some team-up stories, but no more than that.

Can’t say much about SA stories.

I heard of the one that they spent 1000 years away doing but when they said he was faithful the whole time it was over kill and even Lois would have understood if he had strayed for being gone so long. I could believe the thousand years but not the whole relationship thing. Anybody would have fallin in deep after 1 year yet alone 1000 years.

If I remember correctly, Lois didn’t believe him when Supes said that he stayed faithful all this time. He even had to drag Diana into this to confirm his side of the story. And that’s not even that long. Superman Prime (DC One Million) waited more than 850 000 years for Lois’ resurrection (talk about dry spells and been obsessed with one woman :P).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I think that you’re overestimating SM/WW publication history. I read plenty of Superman’s Elseworlds – compared to Clark and Diana’s relationship and characterization in Kingdome Come, nothing comes even close. Mainstream comics – well, here and there some friendship moments with undertones of something deeper and more intimate, some team-up stories, but no more than that.

I thought so. And yet anti SM/WW people say that it's been done a lot and failed all those times.

If I remember correctly, Lois didn’t believe him when Supes said that he stayed faithful all this time. He even had to drag Diana into this to confirm his side of the story.

That sound horrible and embarrassing. And it makes me dislike Lois a little more.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I really like the Superman/Wonder Woman title out of the new 52. Give the first volume a shot

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

And yet anti SM/WW people say that it's been done a lot and failed all those times.

It certainly wasn’t done a lot. Excluding KC, there is one or two Elseworlds with Clark/Diana relationship as a secondary subplot. And said relationship didn’t fail exactly, it was written really flat and dry, true – just like the rest of mentioned Elseworld. As far as I concerned, in Pre-New-52 serious attempts to establish and develop SM/WW as a couple didn’t exist.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

And yet anti SM/WW people say that it's been done a lot and failed all those times.

It certainly wasn’t done a lot. Excluding KC, there is one or two Elseworlds with Clark/Diana relationship as a secondary subplot. And said relationship didn’t fail exactly, it was written really flat and dry, true – just like the rest of mentioned Elseworld. As far as I concerned, in Pre-New-52 serious attempts to establish and develop SM/WW as a couple didn’t exist.

Was one of those a story where they lost their powers? Cus that story had a lot of things wrong with it.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoamBorn

Have you read the Valentine's day special, Arthur?

No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not mind a big name Like Dean.R.Koontz to write a book on the two or Ann Rice maybe a good science fiction writer. I could sit down to a good trilogy if done well.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By johnqestion

@arthurkerr said:

Any suggestions on great books to read for these guys. I was out of comics for a bit do to a few deployments and have lots of catching up to do.

Sorry had to Edit this post was not near my pc at the time I made it so it was short and to the point.

I used to buy up everything that had this couple in comics and read allot of fan fiction as well but it is not the same as seeing some of the artwork and the story together.

Kingdom Come was good but it could have been better but that is all I know of.

So has a writer done anything with this couple that A. is a good writer and B. has good artwork.

I could settle on a good fan fiction some of those are really good and well put together.

Ignore the trolls.

Well I think prenew 52 it was mainly a lot of teasers and stuff so to get a book apart from Kingdom Come that actually showed them hooking up is kinda difficult. I think what got fans to ship them was how close they were, honest with each other and always watched out for each other. Unlike Lois who could be quite a bitch to Clark and was so for years before he told her his secret and they hooked then up and married them. Even when married Lois could be abusive to Clark as well. But there are numerous comics along the years with ongoing with moments of them working together but in the subtext a deeper friendship/ underlying attraction. Starting with their interrupted date by Darkseid to even I remember when Dwayne Mc duffie wrote JLA he had one arc where they had an alternate reality where Diana married to SM and he fell to Doomsday. There was one story where Diana and Clark were drawn into a dream world by a foe and Diana was given her heart's desire and it was a life and child with Clark. They got married and it was Bruce who had to wake them up.

JLA A League of One, The New Frontier, Distant Fires, Red Son, The Dark Knight Strikes Again are a few books you can get a feel of the SM/WW pre new 52 friendship/ romance. I think even Jeph Loeb's run had moments like in Our Worlds At War where he saved Diana over Lois's father and Lane gave him a hard time for it. They had moments in the Superman/Batman/Supergirl arc too. Oh a fun one is the DC Presents #32. It's retro but fun.

New 52 the JL run and their own shared title SM/WW is really where it's at.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for all the answers everybody

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.