Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Loeb on Superman

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

So one of the things Loeb is known for is having the best Superman/Batman run, and writing what is considered to be one of the best Batman stories.

But my question is, how good is his superman run, and is it all just 1 run, or does he have a few stories done at different times, and did he just do the main SM book, or some other as well?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

He wrote the Superman title from 2000-2002, I think. He has also done Superman: For All Seasons, a 4 part limited series.

His run was mindless fun to put it simply. Nothing especially deep or emotional. His main disadvantage was DC's policy of constant crossovers, making that era's stories very inconsistent both story-wise and art-wise. His main advantage McGuinness' art.

If you want to check his run I would advice you to get the DC Comics Presents: Superman line. Collecting some of the best stories of that era.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By 2cool4fun

@squalleon: Thanks, that definitely makes things easier, especially if there are crossovers :/

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Thanks, that definitely makes things easier, especially if there are crossovers :/

Check comicvines page for Superman v2, you will be amazed from how many crossovers were done in only two years :P

But yeah that era is very difficult to enter if you only want a certain title. Too much wasted potential imo. Kelly is probably one of the best Superman writers and we never got to see him do completely his own thing without interfierence.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Superguy1591

I know everyone hates public enemies, but that's got to be my favorite Batman/Superman story. Very good dialog between the two.

fsiekscma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Emperor Joker and Superman for All Season. I don't know whether Loeb is one of best Superman writer or not. But I think he is good writer.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know everyone hates public enemies, but that's got to be my favorite Batman/Superman story. Very good dialog between the two.

Not everyone hates it, I love that arc right along with you! Superman/Batman is just good fun all around.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@tikbaz said:

@superguy1591 said:

Not everyone hates it, I love that arc right along with you! Superman/Batman is just good fun all around.

I don't hate it either. I think it is fun and no character gets desrespected. Okay, maybe Luthor, but I can live with it. I like Loeb's run on Sm/Bm I thought it was fun and enjoyable, exactly what you need after something more complex to just relax.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Public Enemy.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By username12345

I liked his run mostly because I liked seeing batman and superman (or superman and batman) vs literally EVERYONE in public enemies

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Public Enemies is pure crap.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: care to elaborate or is that just a fact and any one who disagrees with you a dumb butt?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: A giant kryptonite meteor? superman's fault!!!!!!!!

All of these characters who are heroes? Let um fight Supes!!!

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: Heroes fight heroes ALL the time. Batman was also beating up Black Lightning, Katana, and major force, because Batmans cool like that

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: ..............major...........major force............you do this storyline no favors

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: He threw putty in his face. Can't fight what you can't see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.