Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Lobo's future is looking pretty bleak...

vtech325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vtech325

A lot of people complained about how easily (New)Lobo got stomped by New 52 Superman and about how weak (New)Lobo is.

And after looking at all their arguments, all can say is: It's not that new Lobo is any weaker than the old one, it's that New 52 Superman is a better fighter than one who fought old Lobo.

Think about it: The primary reason Pre-52 Supes got beaten Lobo so badly was because Sperman fought like a "butler".(Lobo's words, not mine: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2193526-superman_vs_lobo.jpg)

Now if you've seen what New52 Superman has been doing recently and his fight against Wraith; he is a very experienced fighter, has no qualms about fighting dirty, and can be surprisingly brutal. Not to mention he's tained with Wonder Woman and taken some tips from Batman; two of the most skilled fighters in the DC universe.

There is also the fact that Supes has held his own against people that were his physical ssuperior in every way(Wraith) and has outright killed creatures that could have killed him in one punch(Doomsday).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVuFHRQn7tY&ab_channel=StevenCopper

Fact of the matter is, even (Old)Lobo would probably get stomped by New52 to Superman.

So the best were probably gonna get is that Lobo will become a sort of running gag villain, occasionally bothering Supes in a funny way; probably to bring down the mood after a dark story.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vtech325:

I agree, for the most part.

But also Lobo target wasn't Superman. Supes simply got in his way. And this new version of Lobo isn't such a reckless menace has the old Lobo was.

Now if he got a big enough bounty on Superman, then I'm not so sure the fight would be such one sided.

Yes, New 52 Superman is a much bigger powerhouse than pre-N52 ever was. But has fighting goes, pre-N52 Supes had much more knowledge in terms of fighting techniques and control over his powers. But he lacked what New 52 has. And that is the willingness to go all the way to win, in extreme cases he stops holding back and goes all the way, like he did with Doomsday.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No...... new lobo is just a pansy

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oddly enough the new Lobo is growing on me. He seems more badass now that he's had more appearances. Still I think Lobo's HF can give N52 Supes a little struggle.

Avatar image for vvoodst0ck--defunct
    vvoodst0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobos Jobber arc

vtech325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vtech325:

And that is the willingness to go all the way to win, in extreme cases he stops holding back and goes all the way, like he did with Doomsday.

Also, the first time they met, Superman was absolutely livid because of recent events.

And as we all know; an angry Superman is pretty much unstoppable.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

Lobo hasn't been seen since the New 52 started. Just two Fauxbos.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

You're refering to old Lobo, right?

Because the New 52 Lobo has his own comic book now. You know that right?

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Pre-52 also had his own Comic.

Also, Op, that's not true. Pre-52 Superman was a better martial artist and generally stronger than New 52

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

@heavenlydarkdragon said:

@dernman:

You're refering to old Lobo, right?

Because the New 52 Lobo has his own comic book now. You know that right?

There is Lobo which was last seen pre 52. Then we have Fauxbo which managed to get himself a comic. It's my wish that Lobo gets his own comic someday.

vtech325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

@heavenlydarkdragon:

Also, Op, that's not true. Pre-52 Superman was a better martial artist and generally stronger than New 52

If so, then Lobo beating Pre-52 Supes doesn't make much sense anymore.

Unless of course he was nerfed or holding back to a ludicrous degree, for some reason.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vtech325: why lobo is literally supposed to be that strong, a badass and he cant die by any means then for some reason they just pussified him for some strange reason and now people clearly thinks he sucks

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vtech325 said:
    @jogga said:

@heavenlydarkdragon:

If so, then Lobo beating Pre-52 Supes doesn't make much sense anymore.

Unless of course he was nerfed or holding back to a ludicrous degree, for some reason.

You're right. Saying that pre-N52 Superman was stronger than the N52 is a joke at best. From someone that clearly has not been following up on his feats.

Pre-N52 Supes could barely handle Doomsday, and since his original debut in Death of Superman arc, Doomsday was seriously power-down. And still he could never have done what N52 did. And in that case it was a more powerful/evolved Doomsday.

Pre-N52 was weaker, slower, less invulnerable. He had good qualities. He was indeed a better fighter, strategist, and more independent. But that's it.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon:

@tech325:

Superman has been beating up Lobo hundreds of times in comics.

Also. Doomsday in New 52 doesn't have any actual feats. He just beat Wonder Woman, who is weaker than Pre-New 52 WW.

The best Supes New 52 feat for speed is Superman flying from Pluto to Earth. That's hundreds of times FTL.

Pre-Nu52 went from the Earth to the Andromeda Galaxy, twice. That's BILLIONS of times FTL.

New 52's best feat was tanking a large black hole with Braniac.

Pre-Nu52 tanked a space time warp that contained a DOUBLE black hole.

New 52 lifted (half of) braniac's ship(dwarfs earth) when it was falling at Mach 47

PreNu52 Superman pulled (half of) Earth's GBE as Starbreaker, a Skyfather level entity, was pushing it twords the sun.

Pre-Nu52 TOWERS over Nu52 in the powerlevel department.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@jogga said:

@heavenlydarkdragon:

Superman has been beating up Lobo hundreds of times in comics.

Also. Doomsday in New 52 doesn't have any actual feats. He just beat Wonder Woman, who is weaker than Pre-New 52 WW.

The best Supes New 52 feat for speed is Superman flying from Pluto to Earth. That's hundreds of times FTL.

Pre-Nu52 went from the Earth to the Andromeda Galaxy, twice. That's BILLIONS of times FTL.

New 52's best feat was tanking a large black hole with Braniac.

Pre-Nu52 tanked a space time warp that contained a DOUBLE black hole.

New 52 lifted (half of) braniac's ship(dwarfs earth) when it was falling at Mach 47

PreNu52 Superman pulled (half of) Earth's GBE as Starbreaker, a Skyfather level entity, was pushing it twords the sun.

Pre-Nu52 TOWERS over Nu52 in the powerlevel department.

I only want to clarify 2 points here. One, Pre New 52 Superman has reacted to the nanosecond several times whereas New 52 Superman has only reacted to the microsecond. Secondly, Superman only pulled the Earth with Hal Jordan's help and New 52 Superman does have 3 planetary strength feats, including catching Warworld and Brainiac's ship, which was supposed to be twice the size of Earth at least whilst they were moving at incredible speeds. Other than one point of contention, I completely agree with you here Jogga. I can't see why or how HDD believes New 52 Superman is a greater powerhouse than the Pre New 52 Superman ever was when Pre New 52 Superman outclasses his current incarnation in every area outside of lifting/physical strength.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Well, nanosecond reaction timing is impressive. But Superman has better reaction speed than that.

Flying to another Galaxy implies INSANE reaction time and perception, considering that he didn't have a computer log or something else to calculate latitudes and longitude at that while flying through the VAST emptiness of space.

Also, I know Hal helped, that's why I said *(half of)*. But it doesn't matter. This was a SKYFATHER level villain pushing the earth to the sun. That's beyond large planet level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jogga: Well there's a difference between travel speed and combat speed in comics. Thor can fly at FTL speeds with Mjolnir, yet he can't hit street levellers like Mongoose and Wolverine to take an example. Likewise, Superman hasn't moved faster than light in combat, though he has reacted at FTL speeds. Just because he can fly at FTL speeds doesn't mean he can fight or react at them.

Also, I wouldn't rank Starbreaker as a Skyfather level villain, he's a teambuster to be sure but he's a peg below someone like Thanos IMO.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jogga

Well there's a difference between travel speed and combat speed in comics.

I know that reflexes don't correlate directly. That's a given. But you defiantly need Reaction speed and perception speed to be on par when you fly by your own power, otherwise you would crash horribly. Key word being " by your own power"

. Thor can fly at FTL speeds with Mjolnir, yet he can't hit street levellers like Mongoose and Wolverine to take an example

I don't think Thor is a good example to what you are trying to convey. Thor flys due to his hammer, while Superman flys with his own power.

Also I'd like to say that Thor has had some very impressive FTL speeds. Like throwing his hammer to another Galaxy, intercepting a FTL shace ship, and fighting with FTL characters like Silver Surfer.

Likewise, Superman hasn't moved faster than light in combat, though he has reacted at FTL speeds.

He punched Wonder Woman from the sun to earth in only a few seconds, where light takes 8 minutes.

He blitzed Darkseid to both the sun and to the source wall in a short amount of time.

He deflected Kryptonite Radiation with Lead-lined glass when he was against a Kryptonite themed villain

He fought and reacted to people who could dodge his heatvision (and we know his heat vision is faster than his flight speed considering he uses it while flying FTL and it doesn't wrap around his head or anything)

Yeah, I say he pretty much has been fighting at FTL for some time.

Just because he can fly at FTL speeds doesn't mean he can fight or react at them.

It depends, when you fly to another Solar System or another Galaxy you are going at tremendous speeds. You need to calculate and maneuver your speed at the right moment, or otherwise you'd get hopelessly lost in the vastness of space. Space is REALLY big, so ou need constant points of reference.

@lvenger

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga:

I'm actually surprised you didn't pull the Superman-Prime from DC One Million, card.

Maybe I should've been more specific. I was refering to the timeline right before Flashpoint. Or to be even more specific the one that went from Post-Infinite Crisis to Flashpoint.

That's the Superman I was refering to. Not everything back. If I was doing that the very example of gold Superman-Prime would be more than enough. Seeing he's the most powerful version of all of them by far.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jogga

@heavenlydarkdragon: That and Bryne Superman are the same character, it's just that DC doesn't bother with consistancy.

Edit:Post-infinite Crisis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.