Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Let's talk about Superman

• 193 results
    SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

Would anybody like to have an informed discussion about him?

If you do then post here and let's talk about him

What do you think about him?

Why do you like him?

What would you like to see happen to him?

Anything pertaining to superman is ok here.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc:

1. I think the world of him.

2. I like because of what he represents his powers and how he is the one hero who no matter what can help us aspire to be something more than what we are and the fact that even the greatest of heroes not only look up to Superman but they look to him for guidance.

3. I would like to see some stories about him vs Darksied,Zod,Doomsday,Mongul etc.

Would also love to see him throw down against Black Adam, Shazam, Icon, Mr. Majestic and Martian Manhunter.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I dropped the book and am probably going to skip issues 23-24 of Action by him and give away Action issue 22(along with Action issues 19-21) not that it's terrible it's just inconsistent and was my least favourite book I was reading but when it was good it was good (Issue 0,13,15,19 and 20 were ssooooooooo goooood) but over all I just got disinterested. I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is though. plus I replaced it with Batman/Superman which is a far superior book and I'm loving it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Along with Unchained they're sooo good. I can't wait for Pak to take over Action with issue 25 although we will get a test of his during villains month in the Zod and Doomsday issues to see if he's good for Superman. but if Batman/Superman is any indication he's a perfect successor for Grant Morrison.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Talking about Superman, are we? :)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SOG7dc

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

how did you feel about the man made weapons hurting superman in issue 2 of unchained? i personally did not at all like that and i felt that Snyder kinda nerfed superman. what do you think

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

how did you feel about the man made weapons hurting superman in issue 2 of unchained? i personally did not at all like that and i felt that Snyder kinda nerfed superman. what do you think

I personally liked them. There's no reason that somebody on Earth couldn't be paranoid enough to make an anti-superman weapon. I thought the execution was pretty cool, too. What were they, black hole lasers or something, right? Pretty creative, if you ask me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SOG7dc

@sog7dc said:

I personally liked them. There's no reason that somebody on Earth couldn't be paranoid enough to make an anti-superman weapon. I thought the execution was pretty cool, too. What were they, black hole lasers or something, right? Pretty creative, if you ask me.

no doubt it was creative but my problem was that they were manmade. but i will say that if luthor made them im ok with it. but if anyone else did i think it kind of cheapens the fantasy of superman

Avatar image for mysterioususername
    MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@sog7dc: Haven't read it but I actually like the sound of them being man made. One of the things I've like about DC is how they have some crazy tech going on and it's actually used most of the time.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterioususername:

i don't want to spoil it for you but i will say that it just doesn't sit well with me as a superman fan

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@kal_smahboi said:

@sog7dc said:

no doubt it was creative but my problem was that they were manmade. but i will say that if luthor made them im ok with it. but if anyone else did i think it kind of cheapens the fantasy of superman

He might have made them, especially if Snyder continues Morrison's idea that he worked for Gen Lane/US Military for a bit. I also loved that Snyder had Supes use UV Vision in Unchained #1.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi:

i liked that too.....but im just waiting and seeing on this series. i like my superman strong ya know?

but on to a broader topic, what do you think about superman and his ideals? specifically whether he would kill or not

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

I obviously prefer that he not, but I understand that certain few circumstances could call for it. It had to happen in the movie, for instance. I think that this Doctor Light thing is going to weigh down on him very hard. Even after they found out who was manipulating Supes, he's going to feel the guilt for this one for a long time, and I hope it's something that reflects on his character.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi:

i wouldn't mind if he kill but only in the most trying of situations. with guys like doomsday or zod

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@sog7dc:

Right. It's not like he's going around executing shoplifters. He can use it as a last resort. He would rather see one man die then have a destructive rampage continue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi:

who would you like to see writing the maintitle? because, though it was definitely better than dan jurgens run, scott lobdells has been very underwhelming.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why didn't I think to make this thread? A place for people who actually KNOW things about Superman to talk about Superman!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SandMan_

Superman thread.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal19

Anyone here want an ongoing about the Earth-2 Superman? He seems more like the pre-new 52 Supes and can please a lot fans of the old DCU. It can take place before Earth 2 issue 1

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Id read but.....but I have a habit of collecting everything superman...but has earth 2 been good? In thinking about picking it up

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imagineman16: Yeah man. I read superman 22 yesterday and "birthright" today so I'm

Pretty hyped up on superman and thought to make this thread

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19: Id read but.....but I have a habit of collecting everything superman...but has earth 2 been good? In thinking about picking it up

I haven't been reading Earth 2, Because Supes, bats, and WW are dead in that book. But, if you read Batman/Superman 2, the Earth 2 Superman is almost exactly like Pre-new 52 supes. He's a boyscout, married to lois, and ma and pa kent are alive

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Oh I had no clue they were dead in that. I thought it was just an alternate reality JL book.

And I read batman/superman yesterday and it was awesome. I can't wait til oak takes over action comics....I wonder who's gonna draw action comics...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal19

@sog7dc said:

@eternal19: Oh I had no clue they were dead in that. I thought it was just an alternate reality JL book.

And I read batman/superman yesterday and it was awesome. I can't wait til oak takes over action comics....I wonder who's gonna draw action comics...

I heard it was the guy who took over for Kenneth Rocafort in Superman book. But, thats just what I heard

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#29  Edited By Joygirl

No thanks, I don't really feel like it today.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAY ARE GIVING CYBORG SUPERMAN TO SUPERGIRL!!!! SUPERGIRL!!!! To make matters even more confusing, he might not even be Hank Henshew anymore!

So what happens to hank? What happens to one of Superman's most amazing modern foes? Is Henshew dead? Will he come back in a non-superman-emblem-wearing costume? How could they? How dare they?

This is unacceptable! This will not be tolerated. This will not go unanswered! I will not stand ideally by while they desecrate one of my favourite characters. I will not allow them to turn one of DCs greatest,foes into the plaything of a Super-powered teenager. It is time Dc faced their own madness!

It is time Superboy Prime pays another visit to their head office!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: The guy from 22 or the guy from 19? Cuz the guy from 22 sucks

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: The guy who took over on 19. I think his name was Aaron Kuder.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Oh ok I liked him. I feel like he made superman look cool

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deaditegonzo

I am not liking Superman: Unchained, im surprised to see so many people are. It just feels like a movie version of Superman crammed into the comics, and I dont like it. Im going to keep reading it for a while, I dig Jim Lee afterall, but its just not my cup of tea. And the solar guy is not designed very well, he actually looks kind of crummy to me. Also the dialogue is really cluttered in that book, it could be more succinct. I may give it until Superman/Wonder Woman comes out to improve.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I just read Superman/Batman #2. One thing, I have to rave about how gorgeous the artwork is. I absolutely adore, it is near number 1, after maybe Rocafort.

Secondly, heck yes, id read an Earth2 Superman book. Its a way DC could REALLY have their cake and eat it. We can have Pre-52 Supes and New 52 Supes. And there was even a nod to Superman's eventual attraction to Wonder Woman, WHICH WAS AWESOME. The thing is, we as an audience have accepted that Kryptonians cannot die in the traditional sense, so we can have the story start before Apokolips' invasion, and then continue with Supes coming back to life. Id read it!

Last thing is, I read some Supergirl stuff I was behind on. 1) I loved the Power Girl stuff (she's always been a fave) 2) More importantly, I thought Cyborg Superman was handled quite well, and im excited to see where that leads. And his design has literally NEVER been better.

Overall, im glad I stopped by and was challenged read the ole back log.

Avatar image for your_friendly_azn
    Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

THAY ARE GIVING CYBORG SUPERMAN TO SUPERGIRL!!!! SUPERGIRL!!!! To make matters even more confusing, he might not even be Hank Henshew anymore!

So what happens to hank? What happens to one of Superman's most amazing modern foes? Is Henshew dead? Will he come back in a non-superman-emblem-wearing costume? How could they? How dare they?

This is unacceptable! This will not be tolerated. This will not go unanswered! I will not stand ideally by while they desecrate one of my favourite characters. I will not allow them to turn one of DCs greatest,foes into the plaything of a Super-powered teenager. It is time Dc faced their own madness!

It is time Superboy Prime pays another visit to their head office!

This

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone here want an ongoing about the Earth-2 Superman? He seems more like the pre-new 52 Supes and can please a lot fans of the old DCU. It can take place before Earth 2 issue 1

That would be pretty awesome. In Batman/Superman 2 he looked like old boy scout Superman. But I would like to know what happens for him to start killing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Lvenger

I am not liking Superman: Unchained, im surprised to see so many people are. It just feels like a movie version of Superman crammed into the comics, and I dont like it. Im going to keep reading it for a while, I dig Jim Lee afterall, but its just not my cup of tea. And the solar guy is not designed very well, he actually looks kind of crummy to me. Also the dialogue is really cluttered in that book, it could be more succinct. I may give it until Superman/Wonder Woman comes out to improve.

The dialogue is cluttered? Compared to Lobdell's title, Unchained's dialogue is a well organised kitchen cabinet to Superman's messy bedroom cupboard dialogue. I still don't get why you like that title when it's far from the best interpretation of Superman. At least Unchained gives us a much more faithful interpretation of Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: How did you feel about the manmade weapons hurting supes in issue 2 of unchained?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Unchained has been a lil slow, but it seems issue 3 will have a smack down between Wraith and Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_:

Snyder let out a huge spoiler regarding issue 3 at comic con

On a broader note I'd like to ask everyone: would you like to see superman have a series or a story arc where he spends most of his time in space fighting aliens? I'd likento see a sci fi supes

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Yup and it will be glorious...Hopefully.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: The way he described it has me a bit worried about where he's taking superman in regards to his abilities

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: What do you mean? He already said Wraith is stronger than Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Amd I have a huge problem with that. Why create a superman villain that is stronger than superman himself

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I really want to see a space storyline, the likes of exile but where he's not really exiled himself but he's really deep in space having a cool adventure.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: If not an entire stirrings at Least an epic fight in space where he wouldn't have to hold back. And a space adventure presents creative ways for him to use his powers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SandMan_

@sog7dc said:

@sandman_: Amd I have a huge problem with that. Why create a superman villain that is stronger than superman himself

So, the villain can give Superman a challenge? Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday are all physically stronger than Supes.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I've never heard that before. How can you prove they're physically stronger than him? And I wouldn't have a problem with a villain with a unique powerset that presents a challenge. But. Guy that is powered similarly and is just better than supes. I don't like that

Edit: I know darksied is stronger but the other two I don't think they're stronger than supes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.