Kingdom Come Superman & The Justice Society

#1 Posted by Alpha (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know the difference between the Superman in the current Justice Society story and the one who died in Infinity Crisis (Kal-L).

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm...

the Kingdom Come Superman is pretty much immune to Kryptonite, if the Superman currently with the JSA is the same as the Kingdom Come Superman that is...

he's also stronger and faster than the current model.

M

#3 Posted by Alpha (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ummm... the Kingdom Come Superman is pretty much immune to Kryptonite, if the Superman currently with the JSA is the same as the Kingdom Come Superman that is... he's also stronger and faster than the current model. M"

Is he from a different timeline or the future?

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

both... neither...

ummm...

The Kingdom Come earth is now earth 22, it's a separate dimension and also the future...

The Superman that is currently with the JSA is from Earth 2, as is Powergirl. this is where is gets a bit confusing lol

i'm attempting to map the entire 52 universe as the series goes on in this thread...

http://www.comicvine.com/message/mapping-the-52/346937/&c=23&23

M

#5 Posted by Alpha (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"both... neither... ummm... The Kingdom Come earth is now earth 22, it's a separate dimension and also the future... The Superman that is currently with the JSA is from Earth 2, as is Powergirl. this is where is gets a bit confusing lol i'm attempting to map the entire 52 universe as the series goes on in this thread... http://www.comicvine.com/message/mapping-the-52/346937/&c=23&23 M"

I'm dizzy but thank You. I will check it out.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, separate note... earth 2 is just another dimension... i don't think it's actually in the future from our earth, it just has subtle changed, such as Superman's uniform.

so far only Earth 22 has been set in the future, but there will probably be more as the series goes on

M

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"I'm dizzy but thank You. I will check it out. "

it gets confusing lol

the best explenation i can give you is that the different earths, all 52 of them, are Elseworlds...

http://www.comicvine.com/elseworlds/46699/

i did a full map of the old ones on that page along with an explanation of 'hypertime', even though these concepts have changed recently, it should still be useful until i get around to writing a new one for the upto date stuff up.

M

#8 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos if its set in the future HOW IS ALAN SCOTT NOT DEAD?!

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Of Hatred says:

"Methos if its set in the future HOW IS ALAN SCOTT NOT DEAD?!"

what?

M

#10 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

He is kinda old..

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so?

he has command of the starheart, completely mystical chaos magic given form...

it's kept him alive so far

M

#12 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt Ion have command of the Starheart? Thefore Ion=Alan's master?

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

no...

Ion never had anything to do with the Starheart

M

#14 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe my brain is draining at 5 am :\

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, Ion has never had anything to do with the starheart

M

#16 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt Kyle have some control?

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nope... Kyle only ever had control over the "OA'n" energy, not the Starheart

M

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta admit that this was a good question

If you hadn't read kingdome come you could really confuse yourself, even powergirl did

can someone explain me why I find cooler all supermans except the one we all know and hate? lol

#19 Posted by Alpha (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the info Methos. I checked out that site and its seems the The Kingdom Come series is a vision of a alternate future like The Dark Knight series. Am I right?

#20 Posted by Alpha (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"yeah, Kingdom Come is a 'possible future', it has it's own place in the DCU now though... but yeah. think of it like the Dark Knight Returns series M"

Cool. Thanks again. Decided to go buy the Justice Society now since it has that Superman in it.

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, Kingdom Come is a 'possible future', it has it's own place in the DCU now though...

but yeah. think of it like the Dark Knight Returns series

M

#22 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Methos says:
"yeah, Kingdom Come is a 'possible future', it has it's own place in the DCU now though... but yeah. think of it like the Dark Knight Returns series M"

Cool. Thanks again. Decided to go buy the Justice Society now since it has that Superman in it. "

you should buy first the kingdome come, since this goes to the sequel

oh and he appears in #9 jsa last page saving starman and makes a total appearance in #10 just so that you know

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.