Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #12: Superman and Wonder Woman Hook Up

livlig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By livlig

I read Wonder Woman (not Justice League or Superman, only AC) and I can't say I approve. I. CAN'T. SAY. I. APPROVE!

But neither do I disapprove, let's check it out.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By DarthShap

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap:
    @Lvenger:
    @YoggSaron:
    @The Stegman:
    @WanderingHands: DId you not read what Geoff Johns said in the article? I feel like that part is important. He said their "RELATIONSHIP" (not just hook up) would give a new status quo for the DCU. It is apparently going to affect the entire universe.

I did and still I do not believe it for one second. DC might make it last a few issues, because we are not in the 80's anymore and every plot point has to go for an entire arc at least but just like they went back on it in 600 or like Joe Kelly had to make his Wonder-Woman-Batman relationship end before it even started, there is no way they are committing to this.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By bingbangboom

Honestly, bravo DC. It is something that people have talked about before and the whole new 52 gives this a chance. Now I believe it is just a tease but does create a sort of difference in the team dynamic. As someone that has been a critic of the new 52, this is a thumbs up. I honestly think many people in the main stream think that Wonder Woman and Superman are together anyway. Maybe throw Batman in there to get a love triangle?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: I'm not a Clois shipper. I want to see Clark with someone new (not Lucy Lane I might add) but a new interest. DC called this the New 52 but what they're doing isn't new at all.

I get where you are coming from. But I dont care if this has been done before. I have always been fond of Superman and Wonder Woman pair up. I wasn't that excited about Lucy Lane but it just makes sense to me that Kal would date the most powerful woman on earth.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Miss_Garrick

No. I want Lori Lemaris for Superman. Also, the only man I ever thought really clicked with Wonder Woman was Andros as played by Tim O'Connor in the"Wonder Woman" 1977 episode "Judgment From Outer Space".

That's my two cent in who should be shipped with whom.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DarthShap

@Lvenger said:

@DarthShap: Oh so that's what happens in Action Comics 12? Haven't read it yet. But I hoped Superman would move on to a new love interest in the New 52. It sounds strange and maybe even copying Marvel but I want Superman to have a Gwen Stacy. Someone who comes to mean a lot to him only to get snatched away.

Err...he already kind of does. You know, his first love, Lana Lang. ^^

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Lvenger

@DarthShap said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarthShap: Oh so that's what happens in Action Comics 12? Haven't read it yet. But I hoped Superman would move on to a new love interest in the New 52. It sounds strange and maybe even copying Marvel but I want Superman to have a Gwen Stacy. Someone who comes to mean a lot to him only to get snatched away.

She doesn't die though. And she's a childhood sweetheart. That relationship's been done to death as well in the Silver Age. I was thinking more of someone new who comes to mean a lot to Clark only to bite the dust.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare said:

@DarthShap: yawns. okay fine. u are a clois shipper. next.

Im a cliana shipper for life. eat me.

Come on sethy this isn't a good relationship. They're much better as friends than lovers.

I guess I have waited so long for this that I cant process what bad this could do to both of them. Lana would always be my 1st choice. Other than that I have always loved Kal and Diana to be together.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Miss_Garrick

And another thing, Steve Trevor should NOT ever be a possible W.W. boyfriend! I loved George Perez having Steve and Etta Candy become a couple. That was brillIant!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By sethysquare

@Dernman said:

Diark or Clana is born. :p

Clana is Clark and Lana. So its either Cliana or Diark

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DarthShap

@Lvenger said:

@DarthShap said:

@Lvenger said:

She doesn't die though. And she's a childhood sweetheart. That relationship's been done to death as well in the Silver Age. I was thinking more of someone new who comes to mean a lot to Clark only to bite the dust.

So, basically Alex DeWitt, the original Woman in Refrigerator? In my humble opinion, that is not the greatest idea. :D

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Inverno

Linkara won't like to know about this, specially if the cover was essentially recycled...

But screw it nobody hears his opinion anyway :p

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sethysquare

@Miss_Garrick said:

And another thing, Steve Trevor should NOT ever be a possible W.W. boyfriend! I loved George Perez having Steve and Etta Candy become a couple. That was brillIant!

Actually I was really rooting for Steve and Diana

That would be my first choice. Ive grown to really like him. But I can see how it wouldnt fit. I would like Steve to go out there and start dating someone preferably in Team 7. Then find his way back together with Diana.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DarthShap

@bingbangboom said:

Honestly, bravo DC. It is something that people have talked about before and the whole new 52 gives this a chance. Now I believe it is just a tease but does create a sort of difference in the team dynamic. As someone that has been a critic of the new 52, this is a thumbs up. I honestly think many people in the main stream think that Wonder Woman and Superman are together anyway. Maybe throw Batman in there to get a love triangle?

No. I am pretty sure people know who Lois Lane is. She is arguably more famous than Wonder-Woman, whose last big mainstream appearance was three seasons of a TV series in the late 70's.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By doordoor123
    @DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

So...much...hate...

This...is...so...stupid...

I mean, come on DC! You know you are doing something wrong here! The characters are nothing alike and Superman is still madly in love with Lois!

This just reminds me of Frank Miller's All Star Batman and DK2. You know, the crappy ones.

Since when? Pre-New 52? He hasn't seemed that in love with her since the current Superman or Action run.

Did you forget Superman #1? He seemed pretty upset about the way Lois Lane was talking about him to her boyfriend.

Also, in Action #12, his fantasy, a "For the Man Who Has Everything" moment, which he literally called "a dream come true" was that he would marry Lois.

Uhm he likes Lois. i know if I liked a girl and I found out she was dating someone, I would be pretty upset. And if I liked a person, I know they would be my dream person in that moment. He can fall for someone else -- life goes on. 

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap:
    @Lvenger:
    @YoggSaron:
    @The Stegman:
    @WanderingHands: DId you not read what Geoff Johns said in the article? I feel like that part is important. He said their "RELATIONSHIP" (not just hook up) would give a new status quo for the DCU. It is apparently going to affect the entire universe.

I did and still I do not believe it for one second. DC might make it last a few issues, because we are not in the 80's anymore and every plot point has to go for an entire arc at least but just like they went back on it in 600 or like Joe Kelly had to make his Wonder-Woman-Batman relationship end before it even started, there is no way they are committing to this.

Why not? DC committed to a relaunch where almost everything was changed. Why wouldn't they continue making these kind of  changes?
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lvenger

@DarthShap said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarthShap said:

@Lvenger said:

So, basically Alex DeWitt, the original Woman in Refrigerator? In my humble opinion, that is not the greatest idea. :D

Fine maybe not another member of the Women in Refrigerators group but he needs someone new in his romantic life. That's what I wanted to see in the New 52, not a tried and tested relationship.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By dernman
    @sethysquare said:

@Dernman said:

Diark or Clana is born. :p

Clana is Clark and Lana. So its either Cliana or Diark

heh Diana Kent. Superman can have a starter wife. They can "fly" to Vegas real quickly Get married and divorced in the same day..Then start dating the next :p
    AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AWeekInGeekdom

Don't know if this is the right move or anything but it's nice to see them breaking the norm with other possibilities. Besides at least now sups gf won't have to depend on being saved by anyone.

edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By edtie97

What happened with the original cover featuring aqua-man carrying superman and batman?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By sethysquare

@DarthShap said:

@bingbangboom said:

No. I am pretty sure people know who Lois Lane is. She is arguably more famous than Wonder-Woman, whose last big mainstream appearance was three seasons of a TV series in the late 70's.

Lois Lane was never the star of her own show. WW is the most iconic and popular female superhero. Besides, Superman deserves to be with the best and likewise Wonder Woman deserves the best.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dernman
    @sethysquare: Just kidding about the marriage but still I think this is a good idea.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sethysquare

@Dernman: lol. No the vegas marriage is a bad idea. I would like a scene where they both fly into the sun and they cant be with each other anymore because its too painful and they'll split up. But hopefully thats like 5-10 years from now.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Bruce will be devastated

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DarthShap

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

So...much...hate...

I mean, come on DC! You know you are doing something wrong here! The characters are nothing alike and Superman is still madly in love with Lois!

This just reminds me of Frank Miller's All Star Batman and DK2. You know, the crappy ones.

Since when? Pre-New 52? He hasn't seemed that in love with her since the current Superman or Action run.

Did you forget Superman #1? He seemed pretty upset about the way Lois Lane was talking about him to her boyfriend.

Also, in Action #12, his fantasy, a "For the Man Who Has Everything" moment, which he literally called "a dream come true" was that he would marry Lois.

Uhm he likes Lois. i know if I liked a girl and I found out she was dating someone, I would be pretty upset. And if I liked a person, I know they would be my dream person in that moment. He can fall for someone else -- life goes on.

I am not saying he cannot move on. I am just telling you that there HAS been scenes in those books pointing out that Superman is still in love with Lois. You just apparently forgot about them.

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap:
    @Lvenger:
    @YoggSaron:
    @The Stegman:

Why not? DC committed to a relaunch where almost everything was changed. Why wouldn't they continue making these kind of changes?

Because editorially speaking it just cannot work. In comics, protagonists can only date characters from their own books.

Wonder-Woman is not going to be a perpetual guest-star in Superman or Action Comics and Superman is definitely not going to be in Azzarello's Wonder Woman.

Also, the Superman-Lois Lane romance is just too iconic to not be used by the writers.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By supermanfan1234

i hope this lasts

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DarthShap

@sethysquare said:

@DarthShap said:

@bingbangboom said:

Lois Lane was never the star of her own show. WW is the most iconic and popular female superhero. Besides, Superman deserves to be with the best and likewise Wonder Woman deserves the best.

Lois just had a show called Lois and Clark. ^^

Wonder-Woman is definitely the most iconic and popular female superhero but unfortunately, that is not saying much considering the state they are in. Superman is just so much more famous and so is his iconic love interest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Lvenger

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

So...much...hate...

I am not saying he cannot move on. I am just telling you that there HAS been scenes in those books pointing out that Superman is still in love with Lois. You just apparently forgot about them.

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap said:

@doordoor123 said:

@DarthShap:
    @Lvenger:
    @YoggSaron:
    @The Stegman:

Why not? DC committed to a relaunch where almost everything was changed. Why wouldn't they continue making these kind of changes?

Because editorially speaking it just cannot work. In comics, protagonists can only date characters from their own books.

Wonder-Woman is not going to be a perpetual guest-star in Superman or Action Comics and Superman is definitely not going to be in Azzarello's Wonder Woman.

Also, the Superman-Lois Lane romance is just too iconic to not be used by the writers.

Plus Justice League can't squarely focus on the Superman/Wonder Woman romance. You have to give the rest of the team panel time as well.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Batnandez

This series is garbage so who cares.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By IronAngelX

Feel bad for whenever he gets a boner, no pillow over the lap will hide it in that suit!

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By damswedon

Great, now I'm thinking about The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I'm going to get drunk and try and forget DKR2 exists again.

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Utandi

Awww yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfi8fT9oHkQ&feature=related

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#82  Edited By BatWatch

Behold, the comic book couple with the least chemistry of all time. Meh!

BushidoBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BushidoBlack

@PsychoKnights said:

LOL. It's the truth though.

Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Joe_Amazing

Once again, the DCnU shows it's utter contempt for everything the old DCU had. I'm pretty sure now that I'll be dropping every DC title I'm still collecting thanks to this fiasco.

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By X

Look at it this way Superman marries Lois and Wonder Woman marries Steve in 100 years lois and steve will be dead and the Superman and Wonder Woman will still be alive and kickin they will just hook up then its bound to happen its just a matter of time the New 52 is just cutting out the long wait lol

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By dernman

You know what's the best part if this? It's NOT with Batman. :p

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AtPhantom

@PsychoKnights said:

Oh that's not true... What about Storm and Panther?

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
    sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By sweetesttoaster

Should have been Batman. Their romance in JLA was pretty short lived. They could have expanded on that a little more. Plus they would probably have more chemistry then Superman and Wonder Woman. And also...Batman gets all the ladies.

BatClaw89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BatClaw89
    @Joe_Amazing: I really hope you do. There is no room for the old thinking you and others have in this DCnU.
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Superman and Wonder Woman do NOT belong together.

As much as I like some of the books that have come out of the reboot, it's main priority seems to be fixing what ain't broke.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91  Edited By KRYPTON

Well yeah, serves Lois right for dating someone else. Been waiting for this. Again.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Barkley

trust me this real guys...why do you think they broke lois and clark and why do fanboys have problems with superheroes having sex?...probally cause the dont have it or at least not with person they want to...and one more thing ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!

Ludo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ludo

Oh my...I can't understand my own feelings right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
    deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool but I already know they are NOT gonna end up together. It's always gonna be Superman and Lois Lane.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By johnny_spam

Geoff Johns is terrible at writing romantic relationships hopefully it will probably be neglected and fall apart. I do not agree with comics, movies and tv syncing up but it will look weird for them to be together when everything else puts some form of the Superman Lois romance even the next movie shows a kiss between them.

AltyAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AltyAce

So is this a variant cover that you can order now? I can't find it anywhere (internet mail ordering in the UK)

Not sure what I feel about this, will have to see how it plays out in the issue!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NightFang3

No, i'm more of a Batman and Wonder woman kind of guy.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#98  Edited By RazzaTazz

Stupidest development ever. I might stop reading Wonder Woman now.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@sethysquare: I've always prefered Steve and Diana having a brother/sister relationship, but everyone has their own opinion.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cooke76

While I would've preferred WW for Steve, Lois, Lori, Lana, Maxima, and pretty much every other love interest Supes has ever had bores me stupid. Seriously, DC, none of these women should ever be considered for Supes ever again. Lois is a shrew, Maxima is a harpy, and Lori and Lana are far too subservient. WW's probably as close to an equal as Supes is going to find and I'm not just talking about physically.

As for WW's prospects, fans have pretty much rejected every love interest TPTB has ever proposed that hasn't been Steve or Supes. For whatever reason, DC absolutely refuses to give the WW/Steve pairing a shot, so I suppose Supes is the next logical choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.