Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Joe Kelly Superman Interview

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfe1gXZ65ks

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

The guy could write an incredible Superman. Shame he was forced into one crossover after another.

His run has some real gems.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

His JLA is better than his Superman work because he wasn't subject to those awful crossovers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@squalleon:

His JLA is better than his Superman work because he wasn't subject to those awful crossovers.

Agreed. I don't like his JLA though :P I don't know but I really didn't like anything after Morrison's run except maybe the obsidian age.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

I hated Morrisons JLA lol, he used the same tired tropes and meaningless babble he used in his Batman run and his Action Comics pun. Too many psychedelic drugs while he's writing, I'd guess.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@squalleon:

I hated Morrisons JLA lol, he used the same tired tropes and meaningless babble he used in his Batman run and his Action Comics pun. Too many psychedelic drugs while he's writing, I'd guess.

Thats his style. And I actually love it. It is layered and he has a very strong sense of continuity. What I love more about his AC is that Superman's journey through his run is a parallel to his real world evolution as a character.

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've always through that Joe Kelly is one of the best Superman writers of all time. He can capture the essence of the character just really well without making him look like a "sissy" or too much of a boy scout, unlike some writers (Loeb for example). The final part of 'Ending Battle' and ofc 'What's So Funny About Truth Justice And The American Way' are just beautiful...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Well, maybe DC should revive the Man of Steel book and put Kelly on the pen, especially if it was crossovers that doomed him.

N52 Supes is done with crossovers for a while and we could always use another great Superman book. Pak, Johns and Tomasi are good, but another wouldn't hurt.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Hmmmm

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, maybe DC should revive the Man of Steel book and put Kelly on the pen, especially if it was crossovers that doomed him.

N52 Supes is done with crossovers for a while and we could always use another great Superman book. Pak, Johns and Tomasi are good, but another wouldn't hurt.

Considering the mediocre sales of both Superman titles I don't think DC would give Supes another solo. Especially to a writer that doesn't work for them anymore :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.