Jim Lee and Scott Snyder to launch Man Of Steel in 2013?

• 171 results
#1 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

You better now be lying....Better NOT

#2 Posted by Mr_Winchester (638 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that would be something.

#3 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not believe Snyder has any real sci-fi work under his name, barring the Flashpoint: Superman, so I remain sceptical of him delivering a solid Superman story, but under his pen the title should at least be mildy interesting.

Though this may only be a rumor and could turn out to be entirely false.

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoggSaron: Yes it is a rumor.
#5 Posted by The_Tree (6400 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like it'd be cool and interesting. But then again, it makes me wonder how Scott will juggle work on so many titles. Batman, Swamp Thing, American Vampire, plotting on Talon, and now this? It sounds like it'd be a bit much, he might have to leave something.

#6 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Sounds like it'd be cool and interesting. But then again, it makes me wonder how Scott will juggle work on so many titles. Batman, Swamp Thing, American Vampire, plotting on Talon, and now this? It sounds like it'd be a bit much, he might have to leave something.

He may be off of Talon by the time this book goes into production, provided of course that this isn't just a rumor.

#7 Posted by cc1738 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy this in a heartbeat. Superman is my favorite superhero and I've been waiting for a good story with him. Obviously, the normal Superman title hasn't been very good and I'm not a fan of what Grant is doing. I'm excited about Lobdell taking over Superman, but if this is true It'll be the best news I've heard in a while.

#8 Edited by The_Tree (6400 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@The_Tree said:

He may be off of Talon by the time this book goes into production, provided of course that this isn't just a rumor.

Yeah, but even then balancing Batman, Swamp Thing, American Vampire, and Man of Steel is still a bit much.

#9 Posted by MB25 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

god please let this be true...

#10 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

please let this be true...

^

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@cc1738: Hopefully this will happen.
#12 Posted by cc1738 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: I know. I can't describe how excited I would be if this happened. The only problem is that it would be a correct piece to the rumor that Johns and Reis are leaving Aquaman. I don't want that to happen. Aquaman is my favorite series.

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: if its true here at two pictures on how i feel.

#14 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@cc1738: Ugh....Don't remind me about the Aquaman thing...that really sucks bro!!!

@Z3RO180
I hope this is true. It would make sense.
#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: ihavent read any of snyders stuff but all i hear is nouthing but praze for his batman run and black mirror. Also he gets 100 more awesome pouints for tell liefield to shuve it on twitter

#16 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

@SandMan_: ihavent read any of snyders stuff but all i hear is nouthing but praze for his batman run and black mirror. Also he gets 100 more awesome pouints for tell liefield to shuve it on twitter

lol I saw that.
#17 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

The sad part is, DC isn't really in the "making sense" business at the moment. I hope that changes in a hurry.

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supes1903: Should have done this from the beginning.
#19 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree. Superman has been an abortion at best, this title definitely needs to happen if they want readers to buy something that isn't Supergirl or Superboy because both of those books have been great. Action Comics has been decent, but I'm more excited for what's to come with Diggle.

#20 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: yea it was funny anyway a superman seris written scott snyder and art by jim lee is a win in my book

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supes1903: That's...not official yet..

@Z3RO180
Its an auto- buy.
#22 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't need another Superman comic. They should try focusing on improving the existing one.

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: so so true

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11713 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. Not out of dislike or dis respect for Superman, but out of aching many other characters to get their chance at a title.

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: We need a good Superman book.

@Z3RO180
Of course, Snyder + Jim Lee + Superman = AWESOME.
#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoggSaron said:

@The_Tree said:

Also American Vampire is coming to an end
#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: True, but this is something Superman needs right now.

He's been in comic book hell for too long.

:P
#28 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

welp there goes my money.

#29 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

I do not believe Snyder has any real sci-fi work under his name, barring the Flashpoint: Superman, so I remain sceptical of him delivering a solid Superman story, but under his pen the title should at least be mildy interesting.

Though this may only be a rumor and could turn out to be entirely false.

ummmm....Swamp Thing and American Vampire?

#30 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio
@SandMan_ said:
@Kal'smahboi: We need a good Superman book.
Exactly. We have a Superman book. Now make it good. They're either wasting resources, or being greedy by deliberately making a third book because they know fans will buy it.
#31 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: hopefully with scott lodbell and keneth roccafort takeing up superman with issue 0 will be the begging of the awesome storys for supes and a third title with jim lee and scott snyder would be a well added bomus as well

#32 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything Jim Lee related has my attention. Yeah he may regurgitate alot of the same poses but I could care less :)

#33 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

@Kal'smahboi: hopefully with scott lodbell and keneth roccafort takeing up superman with issue 0 will be the begging of the awesome storys for supes and a third title with jim lee and scott snyder would be a well added bomus as well

Yes, it would be. I may just be being cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it. Though, truth be told, I'm very interested in the H'el story has to bring.
#34 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: Let's see what happens, but the Superman title has been a disaster....
#35 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

movie bombs comic dead.

#36 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: oh dont get me started on the H'El story cause i would nerding all over the place with how i think the dudes a super weapon made by some one in the house of el

#37 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: It's been making me think he's Supes' clone from back on Krypton and that he's related to the Kryptonian clone wars. Idk though. I'm just pumped for an exciting Superman story for once.
#38 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: H'el looks like Broly, Bizarro, Match and Superboy-Prime's offspring.
#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: @SandMan_: I think he is a clone from the kryton clone wars but he creator is not Jor-El may be Zor-El or Supes grand father cuase kara knew about the war but from what she said implys that she was not there.

#40 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Clone wars?
#41 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Ah, gotcha. I haven't been reading Supergirl, so I didn't know the details. Another possibility: maybe some villain has discovered the Kryptonian cloning technology and messed it up?
#42 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

one of the best comic book writers today and one of the best comic book artists on a superman book. its to good to be true. But, if this is true it might be DC's attempt at milking superman and building up his popularity since the movie is coming out next year

#43 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: i dount read supergirl aswell im going of what very very ver little info she said in supperboy issue 6

@SandMan_: Yea on kryton they did experaments with cloneing that ende up in a big war as for what time it happend and who was invovled we dount know

#44 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eternal19: indeed.

@Z3RO180
Let's see what happens...hopefully this rumor is true.
#45 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: hopefully yes since like @Eternal19 pouinted out his movie is next year so this might happen. Here praying it does.

#46 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: I don't mind Superman being written in the horror genre as long as its well written and good.
#47 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11713 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't they just put Lee and Snyder on the main Superman title?

#48 Posted by Fudgie29 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be EPIC

#49 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hope this is true. We don't know which books will be phased out for the 5th wave though, so it is possible that Man of Steel replaces one of Snyder's other books or one of the two current Superman series. I think it would be amazing to let Snyder have his shot DC's flagship hero, he's been rocking Batman so well that he certainly deserves the chance

#50 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Why can't they just put Lee and Snyder on the main Superman title?
You know, cause its DC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.