Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

It's Dark knight Returns all over again (BvS leaked image!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

Batman is wearing an armor here and guess what's gonna happen fans.

Stay strong Superman fans!

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Inb4 bat-trolls

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Let's all hope their scuffle ends in a tie so that they can get their priorities straight and do something meaningful. Like I don't know, fighting the bad guy? *cough*LexLuthor*cough*

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nah, we all knew it was TDKReturns. Snyder lied about everything in MoS, I never trusted his lies.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is gonna happen that superman fans needs to be strong for,he is clearly the powerhouse of the two,if anything bats is asking Clark for help.

And the armor is a nod to frank millers story,and wouldn't you wear armor also even if your just asking for help from a being who could kill you in a second

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I think we all saw this coming.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it was said long ago that this Batfleck based on DKR Batman, but it doesn’t mean that whole movie would be adaptation of this graphic novel. If after watching this movie in two years I’ll decide that Superman nerfed/poorly written/moved aside to promote Batman, then I would complain the sh…t out of it, but no sooner.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The footage was awesome.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Well they did read a passage from the book when they made the announcement, remember?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

And worst of all, there was apparent Doomsday footage shown at this same panel too. I just got over Superman killing Zod in cold blood, I'll be incredibly upset and angry if Snyder dares to make the most moral and righteous character in all of fiction kill again. That will be too much damage to repair and too much harm done to ever make me believe in a good DC Cinematic universe.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

And worst of all, there was apparent Doomsday footage shown at this same panel too. I just got over Superman killing Zod in cold blood, I'll be incredibly upset and angry if Snyder dares to make the most moral and righteous character in all of fiction kill again. That will be too much damage to repair and too much harm done to ever make me believe in a good DC Cinematic universe.

Oh sh*t for real...? I didn't hear any of this

-_- Oh ffs

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Oh sh*t for real...? I didn't hear any of this

-_- Oh ffs

I need to find the source that says this to confirm its truth. Hopefully I don't find it because I really don't want Doomsday in this cluster **** of a film already.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ya I was just thinking, how can this movie be inspired by TDKR and then have Lex and Doomsday? What are they gonna do? I have a feeling the costumes and apparent Dark Knight Returns inspiration is just a ploy to gather as much fan support as possible to make up for how uncomfortable they are with the script.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger:

Seriously, why would the want to add doomsday already? Why would they want to, presumably, kill the character off so soon after they've introduced him? For god's sake he hasn't even got a sequel by himself yet. It's supposed to lex, then braniac and then you can maybe do doomsday. I agree with you that he shouldn't be killing anyone for a long time yet, he should have time to develop is awe inspiring moral compass

On topic the teaser was terrible. The only cool part was when superman was revealed but couldn't they have done something else. Why not show them shaking hands or something like that scene from batman hush were they shake hands and superman says "Always the detective" and batman says "Ever the boyscout". Instead we are treated to an almost panel to panel interpretation of a convoluted fan fiction depicting superman as a giant douche and having him not even lose the damned fight.

Oh i'm so disappointed now.

Rant over.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ya I was just thinking, how can this movie be inspired by TDKR and then have Lex and Doomsday? What are they gonna do? I have a feeling the costumes and apparent Dark Knight Returns inspiration is just a ploy to gather as much fan support as possible to make up for how uncomfortable they are with the script.

It's possible to be inspired by the source material and make drastic changes. The Winter Soldier had clear influences from Brubaker's story but a lot of subtle nuances were clearly different from the original storyline. Such changes can be good or bad depending on how they're done.

@lvenger:

Seriously, why would the want to add doomsday already? Why would they want to, presumably, kill the character off so soon after they've introduced him? For god's sake he hasn't even got a sequel by himself yet. It's supposed to lex, then braniac and then you can maybe do doomsday. I agree with you that he shouldn't be killing anyone for a long time yet, he should have time to develop is awe inspiring moral compass

On topic the teaser was terrible. The only cool part was when superman was revealed but couldn't they have done something else. Why not show them shaking hands or something like that scene from batman hush were they shake hands and superman says "Always the detective" and batman says "Ever the boyscout". Instead we are treated to an almost panel to panel interpretation of a convoluted fan fiction depicting superman as a giant douche and having him not even lose the damned fight.

Oh i'm so disappointed now.

Rant over.

It's a sad state of affairs that Snyder and WB want to focus on the fighting rather than the mutual ally aspect of Superman and Batman as The World's Finest. And that would have been the most perfect name for the film too. Instead we get a name clearly pandering to a Justice League prequel. This makes the film trying to be too many things all at once and that's never a good sign of its quality.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

Cry me a river.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

I gotta say if i'm a Superman fan and a human is always kicking my favorite character's ass i'd be mad too

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I gotta say if i'm a Superman fan and a human is always kicking my ass i'd be mad too

Batman kicks the asses of Superman fans?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I gotta say if i'm a Superman fan and a human is always kicking my ass i'd be mad too

Batman kicks the asses of Superman fans?

Kicking my favorite characters's ass is what I meant to see

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Ya I know that lol I'm just wondering how they're gonna fit the elements of Batman vs Superman in there along with Batman and Supes vs Lex and Doomsday. I'd prefer it if they had a quick scuffle then teamed up but obviously theyre gonna have some sort of lingering conflict and it gets escalated to the point where Batman puts on the battle suit. If that's happening where's Doomsday gonna come in cause that seems like a long movie already? I hope it will be good I just have my doubts.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Cry me a river.

I agree with this sentiment but for a different reason obviously

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.