Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is this proof that SA Superman is the post-crisis Superman?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I've always believed that SA Superman was folded into the fabric of the New Earth reality. Superman had no problem remembering the Anti-Monitor in Legion of Three Worlds.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure this comic took place after Sinestro Corps war...so, post-crisis Superman would know of the Anti-Monitor

No Caption Provided

Also, the Justice League may have fought the Anti-Monitor in the 90's. I don't remember exactly though

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: Yes, it did take place after - you're right on that, so I guess it was just referring to that. But I don't think it makes sense that SA Superman just died (when he is clearly seen on the last few pages of COIE) and then a new Superman was born?

Wally West went back in time to COIE in the 90s to fight Anti Monitor.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@frozen: supermans not the same, wally is though, doesnt have to make sense, comics.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

I think SA Superman, like many other SA super-heroes, simply doesn't exist anymore. Wally just got lucky, and while it confuses the whole mess, we just have to go with it. However, I do recall Psycho Pirate(?) remembering the SA and going crazy because of it.

The closest characters we have of the Silver-age, concerning Superman, were Earth-1 Superman and Superboy-Prime

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

@frozen: supermans not the same, wally is though, doesnt have to make sense, comics.

@buttersdaman000 said:

@frozen:

I think SA Superman, like many other SA super-heroes, simply doesn't exist anymore. Wally just got lucky, and while it confuses the whole mess, we just have to go with it. However, I do recall Psycho Pirate(?) remembering the SA and going crazy because of it.

The closest characters we have of the Silver-age, concerning Superman, were Earth-1 Superman and Superboy-Prime

It's not just Wally. Wally vividly remembers the entire Crisis and describes Barry sacrificing himself, that means it must have been the same Barry too, so everyone must remember the Crisis differently?. I always thought SA Superman was retconned into the post-crisis continuity, as there are some references to the pre-crisis multiverse.

The crisis must have happened to an extent, how did Wally go back to it then?

Psycho Pirate remembered the entire event too.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

In the Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths timeline, the Crisis still happened, with the heroes still battling the Anti-Monitor. But in the post-Crisis timeline, when the Crisis comes about, The Anti-Monitor wants to destroy the positive matter universe (as opposed to positive matter universes pre-Crisis). This is why Barry still "dies" saving the universe from the Anti-Monitor post-Crisis.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frozen  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: Actually, pre-crisis SA Wonder Woman is the post-crisis version reborn.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he gets wiped from existence, don't you recall the two super girls? One came from the pre-crisis and wanted to stay in the post-crisis to avoid the anti-monitor fight. Also, Superman and Supergirl have a daughter that is "rescued" by Spector by taking her from pre-crisis and putting her in the future. Pre-crisis was an alternate timeline, sort of concept, the version of characters in it got erased and replaced. The reality does not exist, and the versions of the characters are tied to it, only a few were shown to escape this fate, like powergirl not being folded into Supergirl.

It's possible they merged the souls of untold billions of each version of a character into one "new earth" version for each character, but the memory and history was different, making them a new version.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: @buttersdaman000: I read the Countdown series, and it seems to confirm Pre-Crisis = Post-Crisis. It states the Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel and Pre-Crisis Superman ''found themselves new existence on one Earth''; and heavily implies they are genuinely the same people, technically.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator

@drgnx: I wouldn't say that's true. Pre-Crisis technically, still happened --- Post-Crisis Superman makes references to Pre-Crisis comics and Zero Hour retconned some older Pre-Crisis history.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what it really is is inconsistencywith DC comics

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@drgnx: I wouldn't say that's true. Pre-Crisis technically, still happened --- Post-Crisis Superman makes references to Pre-Crisis comics and Zero Hour retconned some older Pre-Crisis history.

Well ... Didn't blackest night still happen post new 52? Because its a different timeline does not mean some events could not have still happened.

Infinite universe theory means there will be some overlap.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.