Is this more impressive than Superman moving 1/3rd the earth?

#1 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is because in turn, there's one less person to help and it's easily assumed that Superman possesses far greater strength than Hal.

#3 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes is a friggin beast!!!!

#4 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

Supes is a friggin beast!!!!

Totally!!!

Pls tell me where this is from.....and any idea which issue Supes, wonder n MM pull the earth?

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes for reasons stated by derangedmidget

#6 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: Justice League of America Vol 2 29

#7 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan said:

and any idea which issue Supes, wonder n MM pull the earth?

JLA 58

#8 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: @SmashBrawler: THANKS!!!

#9 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I understand why Superman looked like struggled moving the earth with Wonder Woman and the Manhunter... He was probably doing more than both of they were both doing individually.

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Im glad superman isnt able to do this anymore. Its kinda stupid. I think in the new 52 his strength should never go pass All-star superman levels

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: Its still early hopefully he pulls of more strength feats soon

#12 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: I like it when he's this strong because it puts him in the same leagues as Thor because it means someone would be able to stand up to him, but that's just my opinion

#13 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

im comfortable with this strength level and wish its the same in new 52....struggling to move the earth but he can do it, just makes him rightfully top dog n its a sufficient limit...unless he pulls an our worlds at war and takes a nap in the sun ,then i can understand being able to do it with minimal effort.unless he faces what happens in all star n his cells begin to die.

#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this a revisioning of a Silver Age arc? I don't really know but as I recall it, it was quasi-cannon and so the 1/3 pull was being used more. Please correct me if I got it wrong?

#15 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Interesting, but I don't think so. I heard in the very next issue he knocks himself out destroying a moon.

#16 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpity

#17 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs his power back, but with more competence

because he is 'super'man

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see Supes have this kinda power back soon, pleeeeeeeeease.

#19 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Superman to be very strong again!!!

#20 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is why Superman is greater than every Marvel character... Well, one of the many many reasons why. I hope he gets this strong again and Lobdell does him justice

#21 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand what I'm looking at.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

Superman and Hal Jordan pulling the earth. It is in comparison to Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman pulling the earth. Basically it's half (or more) of the earth's mass being pulled out of orbit compared to a third (possibly more since he is the strongest of the three) of the earth's mass being pulled out of orbit.

#23 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@Wboy said:

Superman and Hal Jordan pulling the earth. It is in comparison to Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman pulling the earth. Basically it's half (or more) of the earth's mass being pulled out of orbit compared to a third (possibly more since he is the strongest of the three) of the earth's mass being pulled out of orbit.

Ahh I see. Yeah it's pretty cool, but rather inconsistent to don't you think e.o

MM and WW should be on par with him

#24 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

@ssejllenrad: Interesting, but I don't think so. I heard in the very next issue he knocks himself out destroying a moon.

It wasn't a moon, it was an earth sized object, and he possessed infinite mass at the time because he was going 99% of light speed in order to destroy it.

That kind of impact is going to hurt.

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad: Yep! Basic physics. F=MA... Imagine the force of that impact.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Isn't this a revisioning of a Silver Age arc? I don't really know but as I recall it, it was quasi-cannon and so the 1/3 pull was being used more. Please correct me if I got it wrong?

It's supposed to be yes.

#27 Edited by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad: Thanks, yeah.

@Wboy: I think considering Manhunter and Wonder Woman have so many check mates over Supes in the fact that he can mind rape people and that she has magic, it's probably for the best if he's significantly stronger than him so he doesn't pale in comparison to them. He should have some sort of advantage over them imo, and strength is probably the most fitting one.

#28 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

this just prove Hal Jordan= WW+MM,superman not far stronger than they are pre-52 superman strength level=move 1/3 of the earth

#29 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: But it's more likely considering Superman has shown strength comparable to that where as Hal hasn't really shown to be that strong. He got stronger over time and that's why before he could pull a third as opposed to being able to pull 1/2 now. That's why he can bench the entire earth because he gets stronger constantly. I think he even stated he could do that prior to the new 52 happening and considering the new 52 didn't alter things that much, it's pretty plausible he could do that prior to the new 52. So no, Hal is not stronger than Clark.

#30 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

pre-52 superman not far stronger than WW or MM enough,so how you want to say what?Superman far stronger than WW or MM????

#31 Posted by termiteone4ever (8037 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember that scan :) it was impressive :) now the new 52 knocked that out the water already :) . The hulk and thor and gladiator fans will be hating all day :)

#32 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever said:

I remember that scan :) it was impressive :) now the new 52 knocked that out the water already :) . The hulk and thor and gladiator fans will be hating all day :)

I want to see his upper limit. He was barely sweating in that "bench pressing weight of earth in 5 days" feat. Damn that's a big jump from barely stopping a locomotive within just five years.

#33 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks to me that Superman is doing all the pulling while Hal focuses his effort on the construct since he is sitting on the construct and not actually pulling. When the Lanterns crashed war world on the AntiMonitor they pulled it and sling-shot it so I'd expect a similar effect if Hal was trying to pull it. To be fair, it should require about the same effort to hold the construct together as it would to move the planet because the force exerted to move the planet would also be exerted on the construct.

If you compare this feat to the one with diana, jon and Kal, then Hal is the equivalent of diana's lasso of truth here =P

#34 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: It's more plausible than Hal being that much above him. Also, it's well known Clark is above them, and he has more impressive feats than both of them, and for all we know, he might have been pulling more than 1/3rd while the rest of them pulling under 1/3rd. It's all speculation.

#35 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

superman>MM or ww for sure but not far stronger than both

#36 Edited by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

silver age levels of silliness. no one should be over a 1,000 tonner level of strength.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.