Is there a good superman game ?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

So are there any good superman games out there or if not good at least ok?

#2 Edited by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman games are notorious for being awful, but there might be an older one that's okay. 

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Superman: Shadow of Apokolips received "average to positive reviews."

#3 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 64 of course.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoggSaron said:

Superman 64 of course.

Agreed.
#5 Posted by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death and Return of Superman on Super Nintendo

#6 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 64, always.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

A good one? Not exactly. Arguably the best Superman experience comes from LEGO Batman 2 and The Death and Return of Superman on the SNES.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I must have lego batman 2.

#9 Posted by Onemoreposter (4049 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

QFT. Also, despite a few major flaws. I found flying around in Superman Returns to be particularly rewarding.

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jotham said:

Superman games are notorious for being awful, but there might be an older one that's okay.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Superman: Shadow of Apokolips received "average to positive reviews."

It was crap and too difficult on top of it.

Superman Returns was decent.The ending was a massive letdown but still the game itself was good enough for me.

The Death and Return of Superman from the old nintendo/SNES is fantastic.@Onemoreposter said:

@danhimself said:

QFT. Also, despite a few major flaws. I found flying around in Superman Returns to be particularly rewarding.

Same,his powers were very well handled.

#11 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: No.

The Death and Return of Superman was the most decent out of the lot. As good as that game was, it still suffers from repetitiveness and has proven to be difficult at times.

#12 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Batman 2, he was funny and fun to play as.

#13 Edited by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

superman 64...lolololololololol

I was thinking of getting Lego Batman. Is it awesome?

#14 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

#15 Edited by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

GTA or some free roaming games with superman mod

#16 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I think i remember seeing and wanting Superman 64 as a kid.-----Dodged a bullet, thankyou parents for your restrictions.

#17 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman on Atari has to be played to be believed.

Sunsoft Superman was ... OK at best. Not great, but not too memorable either.

Didn't really care for Death & Return of Superman.

Stayed away from Superman 64 and the rest.

#18 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and Superman Returns were the best ones I've played. I liked both, Lego Batman 2 was actually a very good game though. They were good in my opinion because even though Superman was still depowered, they didn't depower him to the point where he was unrecognizable. In Superman Returns instead of having a life meter the CITY has a life meter, you're invincible, but you have to protect the city. I thought that was a cool concept. I also enjoyed grabbing Metallo and throwing him all the way to the other side of the city.

#19 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, Death and Return of Superman, Superman Returns and Superman: Shadow of Apokolips. (So far, at least. Injustice: Gods Among Us looks promising.)

#20 Posted by TheCannon (18726 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#21 Edited by madhurika (1 posts) - - Show Bio

hiiiiiiiiiii............

i am madhurika i am an electronic engineer i am from india. the superman game is very good i like this game very much most of the children are enjoying to play this game. here i am also telling you about my news site please visit in this site for latest update.

thanks...

---------------------

[url=http://www.deshmeaaj.com] desh me aaj [/url]

#22 Edited by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego batman 2 and Superman returns

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.