Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is the Hulk stronger than Superman?

ladysif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ladysif

SUPERMAN no question about it

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By HolySerpent

Superman crush puny green man
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Caligula
    @Sparda said:
    " Hulk couldn't hope to lift as much at the start. It would take a long time, but eventually if something was making him mad enough he could lift as much as Superman and perhaps surpass him in that category.  Short answer: Superman  Long answer: Superman, but with a "but" "
    this.

Superman for the most part. Although with the right amount of anger Hulk could surpass Superman. it's all theoretical.
    LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LONGTIME

Only in Hulk fanboys wet dreams.

GamiSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By GamiSB

Superman starts off stronger but Hulk as a limitless factor that the madder he gets the stronger he becomes. In practical use Superman is stronger but theoretically Hulk can surpass him.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

The answer to that question is like the answer to how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop...the world may never know.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " The answer to that question is like the answer to how many licks it takes to get to the center of the world. "
    Fixed! :D
    OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Superman is stronger.  
    If Hulk ever got stronger then Superman through anger. 
    Superman could either A) Sundip and become even stronger than the Hulk.  B.) Throw Hulk's big green butt out of orbit.  

Avatar image for playdohsrepublic
    playdohsrepublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By playdohsrepublic

Almost everyone is using this in a context of a fight, but since strength is never the only factor of who wins it's pointless. They should arm-wrestle or do a strong man competition to find out. The planet-pull, mountain tossing, Tug of War... that sort of thing. Drop a few two ton weights on Hulk's toes a few minutes before to make it even.

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Norusdog

you people seem to be forgetting hulks regeneration is far far far above supermans..and superman has been killed by doomsday...even if he's stronger now it's not as clear cut as you think.

That said overall I think Superman has the advantage..but it depends on which superman we're talking about..his power levels have fluctuated worse then Hulks over the years.

Fact is an all-out brawl between Superman and Hulk would DESTROY PLANETS.

Frankly it would probably end up in space...and I doubt Hulks regeneration..as great as it is...is enough to keep him alive for long when Superman transplants him in a sun or blackhole.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope.  

No matter how angry he gets the Hulk will never match, let alone surpass, Superman's strength.   
    It's just no possible to become angry enough.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @PowerHerc said:
    " Nope.   No matter how angry he gets the Hulk will never match, let alone surpass, Superman's strength.   It's just no possible to become angry enough. "
    Thank you! People often state that Hulk has limitless strength, but there is a limit to how angry you can get. So many people seem to overlook that.
    Reaper_bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Reaper_bat

i think super would win that one, i mean the hulk only as a chance if he is totally mad but super would try to make the fight last as little as possible!

Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By darkknight96000

No just no, Hulk is in no way stronger than Superman.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MKF30

No, not even close....it would take 100 Hulks to get anywhere near Superman at full potential...

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Caligula
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @PowerHerc said:
    " Nope.   No matter how angry he gets the Hulk will never match, let alone surpass, Superman's strength.   It's just no possible to become angry enough. "
    Thank you! People often state that Hulk has limitless strength, but there is a limit to how angry you can get. So many people seem to overlook that. "
    but how can you prove the ratio of Anger to Power. it's a fictional character with a fictional powerset. so how is anyone saying definite things like this?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64:
    @Caligula said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @PowerHerc said:
    Thank you! People often state that Hulk has limitless strength, but there is a limit to how angry you can get. So many people seem to overlook that. "
    but how can you prove the ratio of Anger to Power. it's a fictional character with a fictional powerset. so how is anyone saying definite things like this? "

Well since its a fictional character with a fictional powerset then it's entirely subject to interpretation.   
    How can anyone prove anything about these fictional characters?   
    Why say anything?  Nothing can be proven.   
    Why not say anything?  Nothing can be disproven.

It seems like you don't think these things can be interpreted or defined because they're fictional characters and thus nothing can be proven.   
    If that's the case, it's all sujective and almost any viewpoint could have merit.

How someone can say something definite like this is because they/we/I believe what we state based on what we've seen, read and experienced.   
    This site is about fictional characters.  Those of us who come here and post are fans of and passionate about these characters.   
    We've often spent years reading/watching the stories they're in, so we feel know them.  In the end most of what is discussed here comes down to a matter of opinion.   

So I guess since nothing can ever be proven as definite regarding these characters and their ever changing/developing/redefined/retconned powers and abilities, nobody should ever 
    make any assessment whatsoever.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: awesome sir
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64:
    Thank you, my friend.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I'd say Potentially yes. and at the Hulk's highest showings (merging continents together with his bare hands and causing masssive earthquakes with his steps) I'd say they are definetly in the same league.
    Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Noctis

Nope

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Valtot
    @Thor's hammmer:
    when did he merge continents i remember tectonic plates and when did he cause massive earthsquakes with strength i remember massive amounts of gamma radiation coming from his body than him projecting it into the ground with his steps causing massive damage but that was not strength unless we ignore all the gamma radiation and act like hes 1000 times heavier
    theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By theicon

if he gets angry he gets more powerful

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Valtot:
    Well thats kinda simulere (the tect tonic plates) may be better, sakaar appears to only have 2 plates thus they have to be much bigger and thus much heavyer hten Earth's plates because earth has 7 tect tonic plates and alot of them are bigger than most continents (and sakaar is only a few hundred kms smaller than earth)
    Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Norusdog
    @PowerHerc: while you're right.  The same can be said about most topics about these characters.

where's the fun or point in even talking about these characters then?  What are we going to talk about then?  What their favorite colors might be? oh yah...they're made up so by your logic we can't do that.

food they like?  nope..can't prove or disprove. 

seriously.  Of COURSE nothing can be proven or disproven because the characters are fake.  But if everyone follows your logic then what's the point of the boards?  To post "yay I like green dude yay"

hell with this train of thought why even bother reading the comics at all?? as the stories mean nothing because the characters aren't real.

good call.  you're saving us all a lot of money since anything to do with the characters is pointless because they're fake.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PowerHerc
    @norusdog:

You miss my point.  

Another Viner stated that no one can prove a strength to anger ratio or that there's a limit to anger.  I was trying to make the point that nothing in comics can be proven of disproven.  Personally, I enjoy making assessments of comic characters and their powers.  I don't actually care that they're fictional or that nothing is cold, hard, provable fact.  I love comics.  I love superheroes.  

I think we should all support comics, I just don't think that someone stating tif something about a character or his/her powers can't be proven then it doesn't have any merit. 
    You and I agree that nothing can be proven about these imaginary characters, hence the debate about them on a lot of these threads.  There's nothing wrong with that.  

I with you; not against you. :)
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By HolySerpent

Superman would smash puny green man

johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By johnnie619

the madder he gets the stronger he gets so its a yes an no. superman and hulk have gone 1on1 twice each winning one. its the same for lifting things. hulk took on all of marvel and he beat the living hell out of almost everyone.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#79  Edited By shawn87

Superman could easily defeat Hulk

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By termiteone4ever

I might need to remind you that Hulk isnt the one who showed strength as the madder he get the stronger he gets this has been happening long ago in superman comics as well. First off if superman is Angry or blood lust hulk is not winning in strength before or after he get blood lust. Second when things need to down superman get more powerful.. We all know by now superman doesnt only draw energy from the yellow sun. its is his primary source of power but he draws energy from many things around him. The general Zod and superman fight alone should prove that Strength wise he has been holding back yes he is still stronger than HULK any day.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @termiteone4ever said:
    " I might need to remind you that Hulk isnt the one who showed strength as the madder he get the stronger he gets this has been happening long ago in superman comics as well. First off if superman is Angry or blood lust hulk is not winning in strength before or after he get blood lust. Second when things need to down superman get more powerful.. We all know by now superman doesnt only draw energy from the yellow sun. its is his primary source of power but he draws energy from many things around him. The general Zod and superman fight alone should prove that Strength wise he has been holding back yes he is still stronger than HULK any day. "
    I didn't know that. Well, I see another thing that monkey Goku copied from Superman.
    ZoddGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ZoddGuts

Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl and Super Boy all can beat Hulk. It helps that they have the Sun to keep them energized for hours and hours without slowing down. Also note that Superman often holds back in he's fights because he's too strong and could easily kill he's opponent.  

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @zoddguts said:
    " Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl and Super Boy all can beat Hulk. It helps that they have the Sun to keep them energized for hours and hours without slowing down. Also note that Superman often holds back in he's fights because he's too strong and could easily kill he's opponent.   "
    Truth is if he doesn't hold back, his comicbooks would only last single pages. Hehehehe!
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By buttersdaman000
    @termiteone4ever said:
    " I might need to remind you that Hulk isnt the one who showed strength as the madder he get the stronger he gets this has been happening long ago in superman comics as well. First off if superman is Angry or blood lust hulk is not winning in strength before or after he get blood lust. Second when things need to down superman get more powerful.. We all know by now superman doesnt only draw energy from the yellow sun. its is his primary source of power but he draws energy from many things around him. The general Zod and superman fight alone should prove that Strength wise he has been holding back yes he is still stronger than HULK any day. "
    Which fight against Zod?
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By tensor

now this a funny post

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I wouldn't put it past the Hulk to surpass Superman if he was angry enough but nothing he's done yet actually puts him beyond Superman.
    Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By termiteone4ever
    @tensor said:
    " now this a funny post "
    WHere you been hiding
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By tensor
    @termiteone4ever: lol got caught up in the game world had to pull my self  away from it an come back to comic vine
    andrewgreen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By andrewgreen90

hulk of course his the strongest there is!!!!!!!!!!!!

super man will die easly.

GreenMonster30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GreenMonster30

I don't know if either character has strength that can be measured in our terms. That is a question that can't be really answered fairly. It should be a question of can Superman defeat the Hulk? I can see that being more reasonable.

saintutd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By saintutd

Superman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#92  Edited By Lvenger

Like I've posted on previous threads like this before, potentially the Hulk is stronger than Superman as his strength increases with rage. WWH showed the Hulk's strength level at an unfathamoble level than ever seen before in superheroes. Superman starts off stronger but if the fight were to drag on, Hulk would get stronger and maybe overpower Supes. However, if you're talking about overall power then Supes has superspeed, heat vision, super breath, flight among other sensory powers so he would win in a fight between the 2 as he brings more than equal strength to the table.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#93  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If you compare what they've done with strength in their entire existence, it's clear that Superman is stronger. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Billy Batson

Nope.
    BB

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#95  Edited By SC  Moderator

Unfortunately yes. =( 

Hulk is the strongest there is, poor Superman. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MrDirector786
    yotaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By yotaman

All an All, Superman 1000000 is the strongest superhero i have ever read about. 
    The strongest Hulk that i know of is the one at the end of WWH. 

In a regular state without all the boosts they both got, I think Sup' will be the winner.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By dernman

PreFlashpoint Supes

PostFlashpoint Hulk

Even though Superman #1 Superman is stronger then Action Comics #1Superman he still isn't as strong as PreFlashpoint Superman.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By super_psycho

hell no

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ssejllenrad

With what Hulk is showing as of late (tearing aplanet with brute force.. WTF!), I wouldn't mind saying he's stronger than Pre-Flashpoint Supes. But I'm certain any Hulk is stronger than AC1 Supes (both in the 1938  and the 2011 versions.. :D)

@yotaman said:

All an All, Superman 1000000 is the strongest superhero i have ever read about. 
    The strongest Hulk that i know of is the one at the end of WWH. 

In a regular state without all the boosts they both got, I think Sup' will be the winner.

Just to make it clear.. You should have placed Prime.. Superman Prime 1 Million. He's waaay much stronger than Superman 1 Million aka Kal Kent. And you may equate his featless yet highly-potential power levels to PC Supes with Sword of Superman. In the end, I believe Supes thoughtbot (multiversal) is stronger than both Prime One Million and PC Supes with SOS (both are just universal).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.