Is Superman's combat speed very slow?

#1 Edited by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

In debates, people always point out that Superman is slow and bad at fighting hand to hand. If he is fast, can you post some scans? I'm talking about New 52 Superman, SA Superman and PC Superman.

Another question, is Superman Prime One Million really as powerful as it says in the DC Wiki? How did they get that info?

#2 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

whoever told u Superman's combat speed is slow was plain out lying..he has one of the fastest combat speeds

i havn't read the Dc wiki but ya he was pretty powerful, although didn't have a lot of feats he was supposedly second only to God

#3 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudzackvincent: Thanks for the scans. People usually say this in debates(a certain debate which is not allowed in this site, I'm sure you would know what that debate is now.). I just didn't have the proof that he is fast. Where do you find these?

#4 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@st0nnec0ld said:

@cloudzackvincent: Thanks for the scans. People usually say this in debates(a certain debate which is not allowed in this site, I'm sure you would know what that debate is now.). I just didn't have the proof that he is fast. Where do you find these?

i would say depending who he fights they may dumb his fighting speed and skills down just to make it interesting because come on with his speed and strength pretty much nobody really stands against him.

I would also say he tries to hold back since he never wants to kill anyone.

in reality he pretty much can rip anyone's limbs off in a sec

#5 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

@st0nnec0ld said:

i posted these scans earlier in another post.... there are some more scans which i didn't post here since u asked for combat speed specifically... here is the link if u want to check out the other scans

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/majestic99/what-are-supermans-speed-feats/87-81160/

#6 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes is slow!!??? what?!! who sad so? Maybe Flash?:))

#7 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

supes is fast but he fights fast depending on his foe its not like he has to fight super fast everytime he fights.

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Generally speaking, yes.

That's the way they've always written him.

With his combination of strength, durability, reflexes, stamina and speed, Superman should be absolutely unstoppable!

And that's why they write him slow. If he actually used all his powers to their potential, in unison, he could barely be challenged.

It's that potential lack of challenge that prevents the editors from allowing it to happen.

He's hard to write already. If they let him use all his powers properly, he'd be damn near impossible to write.

#9 Posted by toptom (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

those scans should answer to both questions:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.