Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Superman Unchained a limited series?

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've been searching for an answer on the inter-webs and found multiple answers. Does anyone have a confirmation? If this is a limited series, should I pick up Action Comics then?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

Some fans said it's not when it first came out but now it's pretty much confirmed that Snyder only wants to finish this arc and it's over after that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yes it's ending after issue 9.

Yes you should pick up Action Comics starting with #25.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@zadoulo: Yep it's a limited 9 issue series that's gonna probably take ages to finish given the delays between issues. Snyder has confirmed that after his 9 issue story arc finishes, the series will end. So yeah I'd recommend picking up Action Comics and if you really want to, the first 6 issues of Superman Unchained. Or you can wait for the trade to come out.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger: That'll be at least another year or so. Lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I'm guessing that the series will finish in September in all honesty. There seems to be a two month gap between each issue now as 7 is coming out in May and 8 in July. So logically the last one should be out in September if we're lucky.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger: Sounds right, but did you forget about the delay between issues and trades? Takes DC a few months (Marvel has them beat on that end honestly) at least.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Oh I was only speaking about single issues. God knows when the collected trade will be released since they're waiting until all 9 issues are out :P

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kilowog52

To answer the question posed in this thread's title without relating to any of the other posts in the thread-

Yes and no. It is ending after the ninth issue, but it does hold a place in the New 52. (Not that that means much anymore.) As with many of the titles the New 52 has experimented with, they weren't sure how long this title would last, so it is an ongoing title in the same sense that the six founding New 52 titles that were cancelled in April 2012 (Blackhawks, Hawk & Dove, Men of War, Mr. Terrific, OMAC, Static Shock) were.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By mogo1

The delays didnt bother me before but now they are getting rediculous. Waiting nearly two months for unchained and forever evil. DC doesn't even have a release date for issues 8 and 9 of unchained so who knows if the series will even be finished

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mogo1 said:

The delays didnt bother me before but now they are getting rediculous. Waiting nearly two months for unchained and forever evil. DC doesn't even have a release date for issues 8 and 9 of unchained so who knows if the series will even be finished

Regrettably it seems as if the series will be produced at a bi monthly rate. Issue 6 came out in March and issue 7 looks like it'll arrive in May. And issue 8's solicits state it'll be released in July. So hopefully, Unchained will finally be finished by September at the latest based on a rough estimate of the issue release dates.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.