Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is superman the coming of atlas any good ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A friend of mine is selling it and I was gonna get it, but before I do I kinda want to know if it's any good.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

@z3ro180 said:

A friend of mine is selling it and I was gonna get it, but before I do I kinda want to know if it's any good.

Don't. It's a pretty terrible comic-book overall. James Robinson gets a lot better on the Superman title in later arcs, but this first one is just painful to read. Superman is portrayed as somewhat of a juvenile jerk, the plot isn't much more than one extended fight scene, and the entire narration and execution of the book is clunky. Frankly unless your friend is selling it dirt-cheap and the trade is in a superb condition, I wouldn't waste any dime on it at all.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

A real friend would have let you read it for free. Just saiyin.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:I suggest you buy it and judge for yourself. Most fans here will give you an opinionated, hateful remark. And they will discourage you. One of the best habits I have with reading comic books is finding out if something is good by my own self, by reading the story and making my own deduction. It's the best way to enjoy comics really. I mean it. Good luck.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: yeah I'm gonna buy it anyway it's £5 the guys selling it for anyway so if I don't get it and want to read it later I'm paying any where from £10 to £15 for a copy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@z3ro180: For 5$ sure. For 15$, no.

Its very meh but if you don't have anything else to read and it is cheap go for it. It has Krypto, that's a plus :)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: thanks mate and Krypto really needs his own day in the sun soon

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: thanks mate and Krypto really needs his own day in the sun soon

He is one of those characters I love and I don't know why :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: because he is cute and fluffy and can also fly

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ain't nothing special bout it but that's just my opinion, like some other posters say buy it and judge for yaself my friend

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

I wouldn't pay money to read it if I were you. I bought the issues at the time but in hindsight, I wish I hadn't. Robinson wasn't the best Superman writer but even his later work wasn't as bad as The Coming of Atlas. Clunky and messy dialogue, characters sounding aggressive and angry all the time, too little story and too much action and the heroes being taken out too quickly. Plus Krypto ex Machina is a strange plot device even by comic book standards. Although it did allow for the creation of this humourous photo shopped image instead.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.