Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Superman really as strong as we thought? Hmmmmm

Spazzoutfelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know the kryptonian we know of as Clark Kent .On earth hes considered one of the most powerful beings, though that's what we know of on earth obviously from the low gravity on earth compared to krypton, and sun that's close to it.Think about it though without those things hes pretty much a normal guy like any other person even his abilities diminish. so really hes just a guy with the potential to be incredibly strong depending on where he is located. To me this isn't truly strong but what do you think?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could find somebody to invent an armor that consistently replicates the effects of a yellow sun that he could wear when he is at a place that lacks one.

Seriously though, I think he is still pretty strong regardless of how or why he has his powers, when he has them, dude is a beast lol

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Think about it though without those things hes pretty much a normal guy like any other person

I didn't know normal guys could fly or shoot lazers out their eyes

the gravity doesn't really matter, he fights aliens from different gravity all the time, and usually wins

Spazzoutfelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r:

You see my problem with the armor idea is that its still something that's handed to him to make him strong so without that hes not gonna be powerful really.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think he is..

Spazzoutfelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

Well im not saying hes weak never said that I know he could probably take on any man in a fight in win he knows how to fight pretty well and he still has lazers and frost breath and super breath but he will not be the great Superman we know of.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly the gravity thing doesn't really apply to Superman. When he came from Krypton he was still a baby, so any development of the muscles does not apply. By that logic, Supergirl should be far more powerful

QFT

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he is incredibly strong. His cells have been storing solar energy ever since he was a baby pretty much. You also have to take into account that he is still a very young man, thus he hasn't reached his "old (super) man strength" yet! We've seen other versions (Earth-22) based on Kingdom Come Supes who could tank punches from Herc without flinching, so I assume current Supes will only get stronger as time goes on. Current has also bench pressed Earth's weight for five days straight without any new sunlight exposure! So, he's already at planetary level for sure.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the gravity thing doesn't really apply to Superman. When he came from Krypton he was still a baby, so any development of the muscles does not apply. By that logic, Supergirl should be far more powerful, but she isn't.

So going to the basic notion that kryptonian powers comes from the sunlight of stars of a above class M type of star, we can say that Superman is one of the least understood characters in DC Comics.

In one comic he's strong enough to move planets, in another a lightning can knock him out, in another he can escape from a black hole.

That being said, we can only hope that each writing team doesn't change him too much. Look at the Superman of Pak and Johns... Its the same character but at the same time so different.

So is he has strong has we imagine him or not!? It depends... And there resides the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.