Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18881 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Superman physically the strongest superhero?

• 137 results
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman is the physically strongest superhero. Yes.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk is the strongest hero potential for unlimited strength but if were talking base strength then yes Superman

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Wolverine008

Hulk is the strongest hero potential for unlimited strength but if were talking base strength then yes Superman

THIS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: what :/ does that mean I'm right. sorry I'm kinda new :3

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@wolverine08: what :/ does that mean I'm right. sorry I'm kinda new :3

It means that if you said that Superman starts out stronger than Hulk but Hulk has the potential to surpass him, then yes you're right.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman new 52 Has a uber showing of him lifting 5 times the mass of earth or something. Also Superman Prime should be mentioned here at this point since he was able to fight more than just one Superman at a time.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

To answer the question is actually very hard.

Superman isn't even at 1% of his max power level on a day to day basis and is constantly changing so measuring his strength is near impossible.

However Superman does hypothetically have a max strength in 2 ways because 1) there is generally a max level of energy any system can maximally handle... and 2) there is there is a length of time that stars will be around and you could check Superman's strength cut off from all light and then teleport him to a blue, yellow, and white sun, and then multiply that result by the length of time there will be blue stars and then that time minus 100 trillion years (when there are no more stars) assuming that Superman can absorb energy from white dwarfs.

Assuming it takes 1 minute for Superman to reach full regular power from being able to lift 0lbs and his full regular power is to lift 5.9736×10^24kg then assuming he can keep in a yellow star for 100,000,000,000,000 years then his max strength would be

1x60x24x365.2425x100,000,000,000,000 x 5.9736×10^24kg

OR

5.259492x10^19 x 5.9736×10^24kg = 31.418x10^43kg

The Milky Way weighs... 1.153678x10^42 kilograms

So Superman and the max possible under Yellow Sun light would be able to lift roughly 314 Milky Way galaxies at once, which means he can't lift anything at that, but he can lift a lot...How much more or less depends on how much time he is able to charge in each star light... I think white dwarves would actually provide more power, but I dunno... and that max hypothetical requires trillions of years to do and by that time it'd be worthless cuz then all the galaxies in the universe would pretty much be dead so >.> Also it takes far less energy to go into the next universe created so why would you do that?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can Superman tap into his reserves so that might allow him to overcome his limits?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ahhh thank's for the info now I won't look stupid. what do you think.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PowerWoman

@durakken: The PC supergirl once lift our entire universe weight

so,i think he can

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@durakken: The PC supergirl once lift our entire universe weight

so,i think he can

I'm using BS numbers as we don't have any of the numbers need to calculate it so it is possible he could lift way more and that's under Yellow Light conditions... Also note that Supergirl has always been portrayed as far as I know as more powerful than Superman ultimately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: never she has been portrayed as Faster but never Stronger nor more or Durable or as Powerful Superman was always better in that department but for Speed in combat or movement or flight Supergirl always was portrayed as faster and better

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Wrong,supergirl never more powerful/more stronger/more durable than superman,but in the Pre-crisis,she is as powerful/strong/fast/durable as superman

@durakken: Pre-crisis,supergirl is as powerful as him,but pre-52,she isnt

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dum529001

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

I disagree. Hulk's base strength is just as much or greater than Superman's. You ask why? Here's why....

First of all let me ask...

Which is greater?

A. the energy required to pull earth out its orbit of the sun

OR

B. the energy required to reverse the planet's orbit, therefore pushing back and overpowering the electromagnetic force the sun puts on the earth?

The answer is B.

If you would actually read it, this is exactly what the Hulk is shown doing in this comic scan:

Overpowering a field of energy endowed with sufficient power to change the orbit of a planet(Tales to Astonish#89)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hulk has the power to move a planet at baseline.

The fact that the field strength needed to be increased is proof that Hulk was contesting that kind of power.

Even so, Hulk showed power to overcome a planet's kinetic energy, which is better than overcoming the force it has while it's just sitting there in its static state.

It takes 632 quadrillion 850 trillion megatons(6.3285*10^17) just to stop the earth's orbit. Hulk overpowered energy that could not only stop a planet's orbit but reverse it as well, which means Hulk was able to put out even more power than that.

At a second meeting years later, The Stranger recognize that Hulk was even stronger than before because once again, Hulk shrugs off the energy that the Stranger uses in an attempt to render him motionless in Marvel Two-In-One annual #2:

No Caption Provided

Here's Hulk doing a feat of great cosmic proportions once again:

Applying force to the space-time structure itself to prevent the Defenders from being absorbed into a fissure (Defenders#3)(with the size of the singularity estimated in about seven feets according to the Schwarzschild radius, then it's mass/gravitational attraction, by the equivalence principle, is thus equivalent to roughly two hundreds Earths),

No Caption Provided

Hulk matches power and withstands attacks from Galaxy Master, a foe with planet-splitting power, not once but twice! in incredible Hulk #112and incredible Hulk #270:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Savage Hulk vs Galaxy Master, from Incredible Hulk #112:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106977-4509850308-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106987-7972464345-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106991-0485539086-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106992-4296428300-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106993-2140588497-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106994-6344330095-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106996-7383400285-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3106997-1192968099-Hulkv.jpg

Savage Hulk vs Galaxy Master rematch, from Incredible Hulk #270:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3107026-5743306301-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3107028-0115912921-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3107030-2244881414-Hulkv.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/3107031-0906786844-Hulkv.jpg

And no, Superman is not the Strongest Superhero. There are plenty of others just as strong and/or stronger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Hulk is the strongest but his base strength isn't Superman 's base is strong enough to tug around over 1000 planet's when he was just a boy as Superboy so you're point is invalid Hulk has unlimited strength but his base isn't greater. if you're referring to guys like Thor Hyperion Hercules Shazam Martian Manhunter etc then you're wrong.

@powerwoman: No she never was it's been stated and shown she can't even match guy's like Mongul Zod Darksied Doomsday Bizarro or Black Adam she is Faster but he is more Durable Stronger and more Powerful this has been proven multiple times. He survive's 2 big bangs defeats universe destroyer's and is the core of the universe and even becomes god on one occasion and you're telling me Supergirl is Stronger more Durable and more Powerful well Pre Crisis Post Crisis and New 52 Superman are all Stronger more Durable and More Powerful than any Supergirl.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think Superman is yes, if you are talking about base strength and pure physical strength proven by lifting feats and so on. Hulk starts on way below Superman. It used to be said that "base" hulk lifted about 100 tons, which is way, way below what superman does when he is feeling his most chilled. However, I agree that when riled to "world breaker" level the Hulk is physically as strong as Superman. Arguing over who is strongest is like arguing over which of this year's worlds strongest man competitors has the best feats.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in the comic world will be consider the strongest character in lifting

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PowerWoman

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: That all was wrong.... because superman beat mongul so that prove superman is stronger?how?did you know superman lose COIE AM and lose COIE DS?supergirl almost knock out them,I dont think that can prove anything,Especially a missile could kill Superman when superman fight with mongul in the same issue

you isnt read PC comic book,in the pre-crisis,any Kryptonian is equal, they are is absolute invulnerability, they are cant hurt each other,We have three different pre-crisis kryptonians can survive big bang,bronze age superman,superman-prime,Pocket universe superboy,each other is far weaker than silver age superman/supergirl,even superman-prime can survive big bang,that isnt prove superman is more Durable than her

I'm read your point,

Your argument looks more like the pre-52 superman is stronger than pre-52 supergirl.of course,He is,but not pre-crisis,also,even in the pre-52,superigirl is close to superman

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/#42

I read a lot of pre-crisis comics, I have made a special study ofthem,only in the bronze age superman is a little bit stronger than her,Because DC has changed the Kryptonian physical concept,a superman would be more powerful than a superwoman,but before in the silver age,It does not exist

here is Bronze age superman and Bronze age supergirl.Remember, Superman has stronger than supergirl concept has been in existence in the bronze age.but even so

Were Superman actually stronger than his young female cousin, she should not be able to perform the manuever.

She is smaller and lighter than he is.

Same task. Same effort.

Otherwise, she should fail.

DOES she fail...?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"hulksmash"- i'm just sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Im stating an opinon because I dont think Supergirl could take those guys she cant take out Wonder Woman and Superman has easily beaten Wonder Woman in the past. No pre crisis Superman has better feats therefore proving that he is superior in any period and in any incarnation the Speed advantage has always been in Supergirls(except for the New 52) favour in any incarnation but the Strength and Power has always been in Superman's the Durability is debatable but ill leave it at a draw. The New 52 poses Superman as Superior in every way which I find disappointing. Post crisis showed that Kara was faster yet weaker and less powerful and not as durable while Pre Crisis although portrayed as equals Superman has better feats just because they say she can do whatever he can doesn't mean she really can its like saying Mary Marvel is Superior to Captain Marvel or Shazam as he is known as now. I wouldn't argue that she is far above Superboy but she isn't Superman level.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: "She can do anything superman can do but that not mean she is as powerful as superman"?

that your point?what?

supergirl can take them easily,if you says supergirl lose to mongul in the bronze age(not silver age) i'm tell you superman lose to fight with COIE AM and COIE DS,supergirl almost kill COIE AM and knock out COIE DS some ass,so can i tell you supergirl is stronger than superman?no

superman or supergirl both solos JLA easily,in the Pre-crisis,if you dont belive me i can scan them

superman never has speed advantage....if you talking about superman faster than infinity(bronze age superman feats)supergirl follow with him,superman not faster than her

I'm tell you,we have three different pre-crisis kryptonians can survive big bang,bronze age superman,superman-prime,Pocket universe superboy,each other is bronze age superman,far weaker than silver age superman/supergirl,superman not more Durable than her,Especially the Silver Age, any Kryptonian is absolute invulnerability(bronze age any kryptonians isnt true invulnerability anymore,DC DC has changed the Kryptonian physical concept)they are even cant hurt each other

As for strength, the same are equal ,only in the Bronze Age, Superman is a little stronger, but the scan shows that the gap between them is not great

your point is just against pre-52 superman and pre-52 supergirl,I'm agee in the pre-52 superman is stronger than pre-52 supergirl,but supergirl is close to him,she is stronger than lobo,sometime superman agree she is faster,and Brainiac5 belive supergirl can survive supernova,see,If you do not prejudice, the gap between them is not huge

for the new 52,is bad,because superman never overkill supergirl in the fight,even in the pre-52 he isnt,but if you read new 52 superman 06,superman easily beat supergirl,This is the first time,The first time the gap between them is so large,But if you read carefully supergirl comics,She has become increasingly powerful,dont belive me?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: New 52 Superman is thousand's of times above Supergirl if you read Supergirl issue 2 she was throwing everything she had at him and he wasn't even fazed and when he got annoyed he tossed her into the atmosphere like nothing.

Pre-52 was extremely above her she couldn't even take out Ursa while Superman was tanking both her and Non at the same time. Plus Lobo isn't even that strong he is overrated

Pre-crisis Superman was able to tug around over 1000 planet's when he was just a kid never saw Supergirl do that we also never saw her survive a big bang etc. the only thing that has been proven in any incarnation except for the New 52 was that Superman is Slower that's it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: New 52 superman is not thousand's of time above supergirl...gods.are you superman fanboys?did you read my point and scan?i say I'm know in the superman 06,superman beat her,but since superman beat her,She has become increasingly powerful,more and more powerful than before,not read scans?

Pre-52 superman is stronger than supergirl,but not really too much,I has a lot of superman low level scan,if you want to see them i'm happy to scan them,if you like superman hater use them.I'm tell you,superman destroy moon with super-speed,supergirl do it,superman HIMSELF says supergirl can destroy planet,this is superman himself point,Brainiac5 belive supergirl can survive supernova,superman could be do it too,even superman never tanking supernova(he just tanking a sun explosion)It really is not much difference power level,Besides your prejudices

For the Pre-crisis,that just funny, I've posted scans,prove even in the bronze age,a Male kryptonian is stronger than Female kryptonian concept,This concept has been in existence,But even so,superman isnt too much stronger than her,if you talking about feats,supergirl easily moving planet and throw half dozen of planets into new orbit,she can follow with superman Instantaneously through the entire universe,once she break hold the universe together force,superman has better feats than this?1000 planets vs universe?lol

As invulnerability,I've told you in the Silver Age, any Kryptonian is absolutely invulnerable, they can not even hurt each other,Even in the bronze age,supergirl tanking a dozen of quasar energy,A quasar energy more than an entire galaxy,As for the big bang,superman-prime did it ,Pocket universe superboy did it too,both is bronze age superman,bronze age superman is weaker than silver age superman,any silver age Kryptonians could be survive big bang with easily,that really nothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Not to be rude but sometimes im having trouble understanding what you type I completely understand that if english isnt you`re main language and it isnt you`re best language. but it`s hard to understand sometimes.

You do realize that in any incarnation no matter what version Supergirl never restrained her power never held back. in any encounter they had she was going full blast while he wasn`t even using half of his total power. he has easily lifted the weight of infinity and held a black hole in his hands. Superman survived not 1 but 2 big bang`s I'm sorry but nothing you do will convince me that Supergirl is equal to Superman and even if Pre crisis Supergirl is equal then the majority still goes to Superman because you choose the 3 main versions Pre Crisis Post Crisis and New 52. New 52 and Post crisis are well above Supergirl. Pre crisis is debatable since they both had ridiculous power level`s but Superman was always DC`s most powerful character never Supergirl just like Hulk was always stated to be Marvel`s strongest character. Superman Superboy Prime Superman Prime One Million Superman One Million Kal-L Kingdom Come Superman etc are all above any Supergirl. i`m done arguing.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Where I'm tell you pre-52 and new 52 supergirl is as powerful as superman?where?I'm says superman is more powerful in the pre52 and new 52,but JUST NOT PRE-CRISIS

that'it,that my point,I dont know what wrong

PC superman survive big bang,and superman-prime did it ,Pocket universe superboy did it too,there has three Pre-crisis superman tanking big bang,I'm dont understand what is superman survive 2 big bang?where?

superman power isnt infinite,he cant lift infinite tons...gods,you real beyond me

I think the biggest problem is that you did not see my points:

Bronze age,a Male kryptonian is stronger than a Female kryptonian,this is Bronze age concept,so in the bronze age,superman is more powerful than supergirl,but My scans prove even in the Bronze age,superman not too much stronger than her,read scans,the scans is from Bronze age not silver age

In the silver age,any Kryptonians is absolutely invulnerable, they can not even hurt each other,we has three Bronze age superman can withstand big bang,Bronze age Kryptonians<Silver age Kryptonians,at least BA Kryptonians invulnerable isnt as durable as Silver age Kryptonians

For the pre-52,supergirl isnt as powerful as superman,but she is very close to superman,New 52 superman is far stronger than her,but since superman beat supergirl,she has become increasingly powerful,My scans prove it,that not my fantasy

This is a fact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Superman has always been superior even pre crisis. he has lifted infinite tons the book of infinite pages with Captain Marvel and Ultraman even did it alone. Supergirl might grow increasingly powerful but so will Superman. superman survived a supernova and 2 planets colliding into each other. plus he was moving planets like nothing when he was just a kid I rest my case Supergirl might be near Wonder Woman level but not Superman level Martian Manhunter Dr Manhattan Mr Majestic they are near Superman but not Supergirl.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Pre-crisis superman never superior PC shazam or PC supergirl,feats or fight,I'm never see superman has MUCH superior to supergirl,when PC DS one shotted superman,when COIE AM almost kill him,who save superman?is supergirl,she knock out PC DS some ass and almost kill Anti-Monitor,who destroy thousands of universe and absorb them strengthen himself

superman is superior supergirl this is since Pre-52 not Pre-crisis,your point is beyond me again,Mr Majestic is above superman strength level,he not superman level,he is above superman,he move four planets with easily,superman needs help move the earth,wonder woman is superman level too,but most of time she is portrayed not so strong like superman,but she still help superman moving the earth

I'm superman fans,but your some point just wrong,Especially seriously underestimated supergirl and you isnt read Pre-crisis comic book

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st off Superman was also the one who finally defeated the Anti Monitor while Supergirl was killed and Pre Crisis Shazam was equal to Superman not above.

Superman is strong enough to lift up the weight of 314 Milky Way Galaxies.

My point is correct actually I'm not underestimating her you're overestimating her. I have read some Pre Crisis Superman he took out and entire Galaxy by SNEEZING I'm sorry but that feat alone as ridiculous as it sounds is insane and well above anything Supergirl can dish out.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Wow,you so wrong again

1,Supergirl is dies,but she almost kill COIE AM,and COIE AM himself even says supergirl almost kill me,dont forgot when supergirl fight with COIE AM,superman is powerless to resist in fight

2,PC shazam was equal to superman,but PC superman has a bit better feats,though PC shazam is absolutely invulnerable too,but he never tanking big bang,so,This may take a little ABC logic to prove that he can survive

3,GOD....superman sneeze never out ENTIRE GALAXY,sorry,it is just solar system,I 'm really helpless

4,.......314 galaxies so what?PC suprema once lift our entire universe

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I create a fight about who is superior Superman or Supergirl from an off the cuff statement?

New52 Supergirl is weaker than Superman. This is semi-explained due to Powergirl being in the same universe. I have to think this plot point is going to come back.

Whether Supergirl is stronger or not, she has always manifested more powers that Superman which has lead to the belief that Kryptonians either develop different power or Supergirl is more developed. If this is true then it depends on what theory you subscribe to in terms of where which powers of Superman comes from. If it's due to gravity then Supergirl and Superman should have equivalent strength ratios to normal people which means she is physically weaker, however if you subscribe to the light theory then Supergirl having more developed powers should mean that Supergirl is stronger if they were in equal condition and have the same energy stored. Since we've never seen that it's hard to say with any conviction what the truth is.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: My all of point just based on facts,Pre-crisis,both was equal in power level,Pre-52,superman is more powerful than supergirl,but supergirl can do all of superman feats,or most of them,New 52 just strange,i'm never see superman overkill supergirl in finght,At least that never happened in before,I'm not sure supergirl is far weaker than superman,No matter what, there is also a fact that she more and more powerful, but some people turn a blind eye

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Luster77

Are you guys friggin crazy!!!!!!

See, the thing with us as fans is, that we take a character who by their creatorsare given specific abilities and we like to put our own spins on these characters like we were the ones who created them. No, we only read what the writers put out there and take our personal opinions into the fray of these characters whom we hold dear to. Now, the creators of the character Superman say he is given his powers by the Yellow Sun of our solar system or any other Sun of various spectrums. Thus this is partial to Superman being the powerful character that he is.

This is what the creators will. Who and what their character is and capable of.

My nickname is Superman but my favorite comic character is....wait for it.....The Incredible Hulk!!!

Yes folks. The Hulk is physically the strongest hero or comic character. Why argue with a creator(Stan Lee) who is an Icon in comics. Hulks creators say this: "Madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets", "Hulk Smash" and my favorite....wait for it...."HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!!"

And that folks, is the answer to this post. Or at least that's my opinion.....cheese! lol

Avatar image for majesticsupermiraclehyperionth
    MajesticSuperMiracleHyperionTheTitanGladiator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate public forums and am no longer here.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about martian manhunter

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By PowerWoman

@jayc1324: Nearly as strong as superman,but not 100% as strong as him

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@w0nd said:

@911_xxx said:

the fact that u all forget about his weakness scares me... but maetian man hunter can modph into ayone and have their powers. with mind powers!!! honestly... martian manhunter will rape superman alive...

martian man hunter can't replicate other peoples powers...he wouldnt be able to turn into green lantern and make an effective ring....plus his weakness is fire...superman has mm weakness built into his eyes

lol

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic, World Breaker Hulk, Thor(stalemate, argue all you want about it), Black Adam, and quite a bit more.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@durakken said:

Did I create a fight about who is superior Superman or Supergirl from an off the cuff statement?

New52 Supergirl is weaker than Superman. This is semi-explained due to Powergirl being in the same universe. I have to think this plot point is going to come back.

Whether Supergirl is stronger or not, she has always manifested more powers that Superman which has lead to the belief that Kryptonians either develop different power or Supergirl is more developed. If this is true then it depends on what theory you subscribe to in terms of where which powers of Superman comes from. If it's due to gravity then Supergirl and Superman should have equivalent strength ratios to normal people which means she is physically weaker, however if you subscribe to the light theory then Supergirl having more developed powers should mean that Supergirl is stronger if they were in equal condition and have the same energy stored. Since we've never seen that it's hard to say with any conviction what the truth is.

There is another possibility, in that Supergirl fully accepts her Kryptonian side as she was raised there. However as he was raised here in Earth, he subconsciously identifies himself as being like a Human. This in turn limits the powers he accesses, and "de-powers" him so to speak when compared to other Kryptonians. For example, H'el, (and apparently Supergirl) in New 52 display TK type powers (H'el's far more advanced and superior), and TK is the basis of Superboy's powers also - despite him being a clone from Superman and a human (I haven't read Superboy for a while but this was the explanation). This suggests there's a further element to their powers (Superboy's TK could actually be Kryptonian based and is limited by his human DNA) which Superman hasn't manifested due to his subconscious. The Superboy example is further enhanced when considered how his powers manifested once he was within the Kryptonian armour.

Also she isn't stronger - it's explained that her strength is about the same as Wonder Woman's, but Superman holds back a lot more due to his increased control, and thus giving the appearance of equivalent strength.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: New 52 supergirl isnt bench earth weight five days or something,so,superman should be stronger by feats

but her potential could be as strong as superman or very close him,Doomsday,Darkseid etc has same potential too,though both isnt has good feats,but we can waiting

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@wishiwassuperman: New 52 supergirl isnt bench earth weight five days or something,so,superman should be stronger by feats

but her potential could be as strong as superman or very close him,Doomsday,Darkseid etc has same potential too,though both isnt has good feats,but we can waiting

I did say that she wasn't stronger. Potentially though her strength should eventually become like his - however I don't think she'll ever actually be physically "stronger". Durrakken was pointing out that she tends to display a greater array of powers (as in more, not stronger) than Superman does though and was questioning this. I merely provided a potential explanation. Lex Luthor himself commented on this during the H'el on Earth arc.

On the other hand H'el was clearly stronger (or at least far more powerful) than Superman.

One thing I am noticing is that all these feats for Superman, Hulk etc... that usually get posted are old... as in from sometime it looks from at LATEST the early 80's - but more than likely older than that. I could be wrong, but that's how it seems, and personally I discount old feats like that. They're no longer relevant, rebooted/retconned or not.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PowerWoman

@wishiwassuperman: I agree,supergirl only as strong as him or very close to him,she isnt stronger

And of course,h'el is much stronger than superman

by the feats.....yeah,these too older than you think,right?Marvel never Retconned it,so they have a continuous,DC always rebooted.....Golden age,Silver age/Bronze age,Infinite crisis on the earth,Infinite crisis,and New 52....

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: I never thought of superboys powers like that before,that maybe his Power full potential is being held back by his human side.look at how they work,when he is focused he can equal any kryptonian,if he isn't focused he can get hit or hurt by simple things like a pipe.its like saying we will give you all their power,but because your part human you can still be hurt.thats sorta like superman blue's powers were,he was a powerhouse when he was powered up,but when he wasn't he was totally human and could be harmed,so superboys TTK could be the new version of superman blue.

Just a thought.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of lifting feats, I don't believe there're many "normal" superheros (ie: not cosmics, etc) who have out-performed the man of steel.

Id pretty much say Supes takes the physical cake.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Black Adam. :3

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer your question, Yes. Though Superman is often portrayed as the strongest Superhero

Hulk if he is angry enough.

Thor and Superman are about equal in strength.

Silver Surfer is incredibly strong when he enhances his strength with the Power Cosmic. He could possibly match Superman in strength if he augments his strength with the Power Cosmic.

The Beyonder is way stronger than Superman.

The Sentry could nearly match Superman in strength.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The correct answer to all this is yes and no.

It all depends on which version of Superman people want to look at. Pre-Crisis? Id' say definitely. Post Crisis? Not so much. New 52? Maybe... hard to say but a couple of isolated feats so far suggest he could be (potential strength is unknown). I'm not even gonna address the "Hulk's unlimited because angrier = stronger" argument - it's completely ridiculous.

But then you have Superman Prime (no longer canon maybe - it hasn't been revealed yet if a Superman Prime might end up existing as part of New 52 continuity). Superman Prime as originally imagined is essentially a God - having tapped into the power of the source wall, become completely impervious/indestructible, capable of creating suns and planets and I beleive even a universe, etc... Then if the Sword of Superman ends up being back in continuity.... if it was DBZ, that would be his "final form". The Sword of Superman version is basically considered to be more powerful than Superman Prime or that cosmic armor Superman or whatever it's called... he basically rules the entire universe/multiverse...

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No There are many people equivalent to Superman. Thor, Captain Marval, Wonder Woman, Hulk is stronger.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor moved the planet out of orbit by just arm wrestling with hulk.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor moved the planet out of orbit by just arm wrestling with hulk.

I think you are referring to Thor and Hercules.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.