Is Superman a Step-Ford Smiler?

#1 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Greetings. Someone on the comments on Random Guy's vids are saying that Superman is a Step-Ford Smiler.

For those of you who don't know what that is, here's a link to the TV Tropes page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StepfordSmiler

I have the sense that this is a fairly negative connotation, and am wondering what the people of this forum think about the matter.

#2 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely no way!! whoever made that comment hasn't ever read a comic or if so they don't know supes at all!! Hate those ppl, ignorant ppl who then dis on the character....stupid.

#3 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely no way!! whoever made that comment hasn't ever read a comic or if so they don't know supes at all!! Hate those ppl, ignorant ppl who then dis on the character....stupid.

Why do you feel that way?

#4 Posted by consolemaster001 (6086 posts) - - Show Bio

i do not get it

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:im just tired of the superman hate and eagerly awaiting june...plus anyone who knows the character knows he doesnt put on a fake smile...a secret id maybe to have a normal life n protect his loved ones but hes not suffering inside,he's not hiding sum crazy tendencies,especially with the new 52 superman, who literally tells the government to shove it, he's totally open n upfront abt stuff n if he was empty and motiveless,he wldnt be superman...so ya i dont think stepford smiler is even applicable to superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.