Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Jeph Loeb's work on Superman good?

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I've been wondering: Was Jeph Loeb's work on Superman any good?

I have been interested in reading his run on Superman for a while and I was wondering if it was any good after I read the issue where Superman and Bizarro switched bodies.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

Never read his run, but I liked Superman for All Seasons a lot

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

His For all Seasons is great.

His run has its ups and downs. That era was plagued by a crossover mandate making the runs very inconsistent. You don't lose anything checking his one-shots though.

The Bizarro issue you mentioned is indicating what kind of stories Loeb told. If you liked it processed to find his other one-shots.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Nice gotta catch up on For All Seasons. It seem to be getting lots of good reviews.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: is that back when one story arc was spread over 5 different titles ?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: is that back when one story arc was spread over 5 different titles ?

Υeap. It seems DC hasn't learned since then at all.

Nice gotta catch up on For All Seasons. It seem to be getting lots of good reviews.

It has nice art and a very clever twist into seeing the story through others yet never losing focus on Clark.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A great run on Superman one of the best in my opinion. A nice focus on Supes Daily Planet supporting cast, A great Lex and the relationship between Clark and Lois is great. The art is great as well. The only downside is the constant crossovers. They are usually good but disrupt the flow of the book.

For All Seasons is amazing though definitely check that out.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: yes I remember part one was in Superman and part 2 was In bugs bunny issue 446

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman for All Seasons is great (my favourite Superman comic). I haven't read any of his other Superman comics, though.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His "For All Seasons" made me appreciate Lana Lang more.

Haven't read anything else from him, but I do hear that he did a bad job portraying WW in S/B:Supergirl

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.