is it true that Kingdom Come would eventually happen on New Earth

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure on this, but I remember reading that eventually, the events of Kingdom Come would take place on New Earth. This true?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

It was sort of prophecised that it would happen. Maxwell Lord's whole mission from the White Lantern Entity during Brightest Day was to stop it from happening, which is what he did in the pages of Justice League: Generation Lost, by killing Magog.

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: You don't think it'd happen anyway?

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: No, I don't think the pre-Flashpoint continuity would've fit into Kingdom Come, and DC would never let the characters age to the point that it could happen. Now with the post-Flashpoint continuity, I definitely don't think it'd happen, especially since key members from the JSA that were in Kingdom Come are over on Earth-2.

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it could happen, Most of the characters have changed plus dick was Red robin in KC.

#6 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: well not exact events, just similar

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: i think for an event similer to kingdom cme to happen in the New 52 would happen later in the futre once the DCnU is more grounded but yea it would be cool to see.

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Yeah, I don't mean exact but some sort of Apocalyptic event where Superman has to return.

#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

It was supposed to...but then the timeline changed.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: superman hasent went anywere.

#11 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

The_ tree is right

#12 Posted by thechessclub (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@Z3RO180: Yeah, I don't mean exact but some sort of Apocalyptic event where Superman has to return.

Did you read the first and third arcs of Superman/Batman? He has a pretty sweet appearance in it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.